Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari (24152 Views)

Court Stops Impeachment Move Against Mahadi Aliyu Gusau Over Refusal To Defect / Agboola Ajayi Sues Ondo Assembly Over Impeachment Move / Police Aid 8 Of 30 Benue Lawmakers In Impeachment Move Against Ortom - This Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by IMPACT05(m): 4:41am On Jul 27, 2022
Insecurity: How Lawan averted impeachment move against Buhari

SENATORS, yesterday, put the President of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan, in tight corner, following his refusal to allow open discussion on the recurring cases of insecurity with massive kidnapping, killings and wanton destruction of property by terrorists across the country.

Vanguard gathered that at the commencement of plenary, senators questioned why the issue of insecurity was not in the Order Paper.

With the President of the Senate not ready to recognise any point of order on the matter, senators became furious and told Lawan that no issue would be tabled for discussion at the hallowed chamber outside insecurity.

Senators were not happy when they resumed plenary over the silence on terrorists’ threat to go after President Muhammadu Buhari; Kaduna State governor, Malam Nasir el-Rufai; and senators.

Sources told Vanguard that with pressure mounted on Lawan that the matter must be discussed, he became restless as he was said to have asked the senators to put aside sentiments in order not to overheat the polity.

Vanguard gathered that the senators raised the alarm with the death of a captain and two soldiers, killed by terrorists on Sunday night in Bwari area of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT); closure of Federal Government Colleges; attack on the convoy of President Buhari; and attack on Kuje Prison, among other atrocities, by the terrorists across the country.

Recall that terrorists who attacked and abducted train passengers on transit from Abuja to Kaduna on March 28, 2022, had in their latest video that had gone viral, identified President Buhari, El-Rufai and senators as their next targets.

The same video showed the terrorists flogging the captives in their den.

Surprisingly, senators directly on the death list of the terrorists did not deem it necessary to mention or deliberate on the issue, even behind closed doors in an executive session.

Impeachment threat

Not happy with the development, sources told Vanguard that senators threatened Lawan that they would initiate impeachment move against President Buhari, thereby forcing him to agree that the issue of insecurity be discussed in the open today at plenary and not at a closed session.

A source told Vanguard: “We were not happy that the issue of insecurity did not come up today (yesterday) for discussion and with this, we shouted out to the President of the Senate that it must be discussed and when he refused, we threatened that we will begin impeachment move against President Buhari because the country is not safe.

”This forced Lawan to succumb, assuring that the matter will come up for discussion tomorrow (today) in the open and not at closed door session.”

Proliferation of arms bill

Meanwhile, the Senate, yesterday, passed a bill to establish the National Commission for the Coordination and Control of the Proliferation of Small Arms and Light Weapons.

The passage of the National Commission Against the proliferation of Small Arms and Light Weapons (Establishment) Bill, 2022, followed the consideration of a report by the Committee on National Security and Intelligence.

The bill is a consolidation of three bills – two private-member bills and one from the Executive arm of government against the proliferation of small arms and light weapons in the country.

They are: The Nigerian National Commission against the Proliferation of Small Arms and Light Weapons (Establishment) Bill, 2020(SB. 283); The Nigerian National Commission against the Proliferation of Small Arms and Light Weapons (Establishment) Bill, 2020 (SB. 513); and The National Centre for the Coordination and Control of the Proliferation of Small Arms and Light Weapons (Establishment) Bill, 2021 (SB. 794).

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/insecurity-how-lawan-averted-impeachment-move-against-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by Ojabifi: 4:43am On Jul 27, 2022
Toxic of a country

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by Karlovich: 4:43am On Jul 27, 2022
embarassed Dear Nigerians is this who you want to elect as your president?

172 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by Kzinne: 4:50am On Jul 27, 2022
Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by NaMe4: 4:54am On Jul 27, 2022
When you have an opportunist occupying a position, what do you expect?

You can imagine all these events, matters of national security staring everyone in the face, a senate President is talking about heating polity.

If the senators knew what they were doing, they would have started proceedings for impeachment of the senate president.

143 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by Laggafin: 4:55am On Jul 27, 2022
If they want to save dia useless ass.. They must impeach the terrorist in Aso rock

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by modsareuseless: 4:56am On Jul 27, 2022
They should impeach the senate president too.
Bunch of useless people

132 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by Betanaija42moro: 4:56am On Jul 27, 2022
The security situation of the country is worsening, no where is safe again.
This APC administration has failed. Insecurity, poverty, bad economy, corruption is bitting hard on this country.
I wonder how we got here. May God help us.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by chiefolododo(m): 5:00am On Jul 27, 2022
Lawan is not serious

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by Coolbreeze1988(m): 5:03am On Jul 27, 2022
If Lawan refuses to allow you, impeach him too, he's not even functioning anymore. This country needs saving from the hand of Apc

91 Likes

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by Jestin: 5:19am On Jul 27, 2022
2023 is already here. Can’t wait to Vote for Obi

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by ObaOfEsan: 5:19am On Jul 27, 2022
Hmm
Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by castrokins(m): 5:19am On Jul 27, 2022
Rubber Stamp Idivt

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by xpressionx(m): 5:21am On Jul 27, 2022
That's the greatest disservice to the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by IamPatriotic(m): 5:22am On Jul 27, 2022
Bunch of jokers....always trivialising everything. In their widest dream, how possible do they think it is to impeach the President of an heterogeneous Nigeria?
Foolish and senseless set of criminals!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by SmartPolician: 5:24am On Jul 27, 2022
The senators are not even serious. If Lawan doesn't want to remove Buhari, why can't the senate remove Lawan himself?

Anyways, I always feel that Nigeria is too unstable and disunited for an incumbent president to be impeached.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by pedrilo: 5:24am On Jul 27, 2022
Impeach the president and Senate president now!
What nonsense

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by Tannhauser(m): 5:24am On Jul 27, 2022
cheesy
This is all grand standing and noise making. I can assure you that Northern senators would rather be kidnapped and/ or killed before they impeach the current president. The Southern senators care for nothing but money and will do nothing even if their mothers, wives and daughters are kidnapped and turned into sex slaves by terrorists.
Nigerian politics is dominated by touts and dropouts and yes men. Ever wondered why most of them do not have valid certificates?

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by NmachiEbubechi: 5:25am On Jul 27, 2022
Presidential impeachment won't work in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by UselessBuharist: 5:26am On Jul 27, 2022
Lawan is one of Nigeria’s problem, why not discuss security in the floor of the house?

They want Nigerians to think Nigeria is not secure. Please Lawan should be impeached also; figurehead senate president

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:27am On Jul 27, 2022
angry
These bandits have been around in the north and were usually release to attack oppositions in the north in time.

Back them during crises we see and heard of strange people causing mayhem, we thought they were not real.

Today the hunter is the Hunted. No tribe and religion is spared.

The hausas annoyed the fulani in zamfara, how about the other people that the fulanis are attacking in other states?
Wat of the bandit lord of katsina, Sokoto, Kaduna, benue , port Harcourt etc. Why they so much aggression.

If Nigerians are to revenge the atrocities of the bandits, non of their kins will remain in Nigeria.

Let there be forgiveness.

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by victorazy(m): 5:27am On Jul 27, 2022
Na so na
Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by Omonieme: 5:27am On Jul 27, 2022
Since the dared devil attack on the advance presidential convoy went unpunished last month, I just knew Nigerians should brace up for toughest of times. Like, do you know what levels of balls it takes to attack the convoy of the commander in chief of the federation? That attack was done and no action was taken. The attackers would only be further emboldened to do more. If they can attack the convoy of the president and go Scots free, who can't they attack? Kuje prison which is in the federal capital territory and holds many high profile terrorists was attacked for 2 straight hours without response and there has been no action taken to either apprehend the perpetrators or bring any official to book. And you think the terrorists won't do more? Now, Abuja which is the federal capital territory and should be the safest of places in Nigeria is now unsafe. Where can we now say is safe? I had high hopes on Buhari tackling insecurity. With someone of his military background and how they relished us with tales of how he tackled Maitatsine sect in the 80s. Unfortunately, Muhammadu Buhari has failed in security as in other sections. Don't tell me infrastructure. No be who dey alive go travel by road, air and trains? What's the use of good roads when you're scared of travelling through them? If na sane country, no one would ask him to resign let alone that his minions would be fighting it. He'd have resigned himself by now.
Away from Nigeria's problem, Away from Nigeria's problems abeg, I've got some nice auto deals that I know you'll love. Some are on my profile and if you're looking for a good auto deal, you can't do better than checking my profile and if what you seek ain't there, I've got some more amazing deals that you can get when you send me a message or call. Why am I so convinced you'll like my deals? Well, because I believe in establishing a good relationship with clients. If I give you a good deal for a corolla today, you'd definitely come to me for a Benz when you want one. And not just that, you'll also definitely refer your friends. This is the hallmark of my services and why I'll always strive to give you auto deals that's both affordable and vehicles you can trust will do the job for you. So, why not click on my profile now?

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by Anaerobi(m): 5:28am On Jul 27, 2022
Lol ....

Buhari is the worst thing ever happened to man kind.

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by saintjimos(m): 5:31am On Jul 27, 2022
Bird of same feathers
Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by nairalee(m): 5:31am On Jul 27, 2022
Bad will always support bad

See even if Buhari comes on live Tv and kill Yemi these northern cabal will still protect him.

On the other hand southerners don't show similar love and solidarity for their own.

It's time to Wake up

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by Tannhauser(m): 5:33am On Jul 27, 2022
Worst Senate ever, unapologetically and shamelessly RUBBER STAMP.

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by updatechange(m): 5:33am On Jul 27, 2022
Rubber stamped senate President
Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by HODcol: 5:34am On Jul 27, 2022
The Nigeria Senate is not serious, though there could be some conspiracy going on from among the members.

Imagine Senators on death threat list shying away from discussing the worrisome insecurity in the Country.

APC has repeatedly shown Nigerians that there is no much difference between the party and terror...

6 Likes

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by adecz: 5:34am On Jul 27, 2022
If they are serious, the Senate should
first start impeachment proceedings
against the Senate President who has
been shielding and covering the atrocious
ineptitude of Buhari❗️❗️

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari by Tannhauser(m): 5:36am On Jul 27, 2022
nairalee:
Bad will always support bad

See even if Buhari comes on live Tv and kill Yemi these northern cabal will still protect him.

On the other hand southerners don't show similar love and solidarity for their own.

It's time to Wake up

Very true. The southerners will betray their own mothers for a cup of garri and 200 naira.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Accuses Daily Trust, Vanguard Hausa Of Spreading Fake News About Tinubu / Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office / Wike And Danagogo To Commission Bonny, Nembe Jetty (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.