Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

'lionel Messi Is A Cretin' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'lionel Messi Is A Cretin' (560 Views)

Top Ten Smoking Footballers: Jack Wilshere, Lionel Messi And More Seth Williams / Lionel Messi Is Now A Father / Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'lionel Messi Is A Cretin' by tyson55(m): 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2011
TOP 10 QUOTES FROM NAPOLI PRESIDENT AURELIO DE LAURENTIIS

The controversial chief is famous for his various rants – here are 10 of the best, following his threat to quit football earlier in the week.

He arrived seven years ago from the world of cinema and went straight into an unknown world in football.

With the passing of time though, Aurelio De Laurentiis is thinking of trying to change that world through revolution with his own ideas. Not many have listened, but the Napoli president does not care.

And why should he? When in those seven seasons, he has taken his club from Lega Pro, to the Champions League. The results speak for themselves, but it's De Laurentiis' talking which has led to controversy.

Frank, arrogant and colourful. There is a bit of everything in the DNA of the Italian film producer.

His dramatic outburst that stole the show at the unveiling of the Italian League calendar is the latest gem in a long series of over the top statements. Here are the top 10.

10. "I WON'T BEAT YOU UP BECAUSE YOU'RE AN OLD MAN."

After a 2-2 draw at home against Lazio, the owner clashed with then Napoli coach Edy Reja. According to those around the San Paolo, there was a heated exchange within the dressing-rooms.

"I won't beat you up because you are an old man, but I am going to sack you," thundered De Laurentiis.

9. "THE ENGLISH LIVE BADLY, EAT BADLY AND THEIR WOMEN DO NOT WASH."

How do you hit back at those who claim Premier League clubs want Marek Hamsik and Ezequiel Lavezzi? Easy, you advise your star players about the perils of English life.

"If they want to go to England then in the end they're going to go, but they need to understand this: the English live badly, eat badly and their women do not wash their Cores. To them, a bidet is a mystery."

8. "IF YOU ARE AN ATHLETE THEN YOU DON'T USE LovePeddlers."

The relationship between Napoli and Lavezzi hit a crisis in 2009 when the player appeared keen on leaving the club and the president responded in typically raucous fashion.

He said: "If you are an athlete then you don't use LovePeddlers and go drinking out late at night. I cannot do anything if someone always goes drinking at four in the morning and then uses hookers after."

7. "DONADONI SAID WE NEED A MIDFIELDER? WHY DOESN'T HE BUY ONE?"

During the summer of 2009, De Laurentiis conducted a brilliant campaign in the transfer market. However, Roberto Donadoni said he wanted a left-sided midfielder via the media and it did not go well with his boss.

"Donadoni said we need a left midfielder? Why doesn't he buy one then? If he buys him then that will be good." Five months later Donadoni was no longer the coach.

6. "EUROPA LEAGUE? I DON'T GIVE A S**T ABOUT THIS COMPETITION."

Napoli had just beaten Elfsborg at the San Paolo and had a good chance of progressing through to the group stages of the Europa League, but De Laurentiis was not particularly interested.

"Europa League? I don't give a s**t about this competition, thanks to [Sepp] Blatter and [Michel] Platini it is not worth anything."

5. "THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO AGAINST BERLUSCONI."

Midway through last season, Napoli were flying high in the League after a 3-0 win over Juventus. Some started to talk about their title credentials, but De Laurentiis, like he did with the Europa League, simply didn't want to know.

"Do I believe in the Scudetto? No, I don't. Berlusconi wants the title and he will do everything to take it home with him. There is nothing you can do against Berlusconi."

4. "YOUR QUESTION IS ONE THAT JUST KEEPS BREAKING MY BALLS."

Asked by a La Gazzetta dello Sport journalist whether his three main stars Lavezzi, Marek Hamsik and Edinson Cavani would be sold, the Italian chief responded in a style unique to his lyrical fashion.

"If my stars go then it will be a result of the continuous pushing from a medium from La Gazzetta dello Sport. Your question is one that just keeps breaking my balls."

3. "IF MAZZONI STARTS BEING silly THEN I WILL CHOP HIS BALLS OFF."

With transfer rumours continuing to revolve around Napoli's best players, the owner responded brutally to the possibility of Lavezzi leaving the San Paolo.

He said: "If [Alejandro] Mazzoni (Lavezzi's agent) starts being silly then I will chop his balls off."

2. "MESSI IS A CRETIN."

From their pre-season camp, the Italian film guru questioned Lionel Messi's decision to travel to this summer's Copa America.

"Messi is a cretin who accepted to go there. If I was Messi I would have said 'I won't come to show myself up in front of four idiots who have no clue on how to play me'."

1. "I WILL QUIT FOOTBALL. YOU LOT ARE ALL S**T."

De Laurentiis had hoped for a simple Serie A fixture list due to Napoli's commitments in the Champions League. He got anything but as they were drawn against AC Milan on week three - which takes place within days the Champions League group stages.

"I will quit football. You lot are all s**t," he said as he left the Lega Calcio offices.

"I will go back to making films. It's a disgrace everything is fixed and I am ashamed to be an Italian."

Goal.com

(1) (Reply)

Tupac's Ashes Mixed With Marijuana And Smoked / 111 / What Was The Greatest Sports Feat Ever Accomplished?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.