Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,696 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo (569 Views)

Supreme Court: Celebration In Imo As Uzodinma Is Declared Winner / Fr Mbaka To Ihedioha: Pack Up, Uzodinma Is Coming / Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by Comroguji(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2022
Uzodinma is governor at a peculiar time but means well for Ndi Imo

It was over breakfast with former Deputy Governor of Imo State, Sir Jude Agbaso when he said to me, "Obinna, if there is one thing I am certain about, it's the fact that Gov Hope Uzodinma really wants to work for Ndi Imo. We have seen governors come and go and you don't need a soothsayer to tell you that Uzodinma wants to leave a legacy behind by the time he leaves office."

I agree with Sir Jude Agbaso.

Listening to Gov Hope Uzodimma flagging off the Owerri to Umuahia road the other day, I heard a man with a passion to work for his people. A man who is not distracted from the mission to give his people they best he can offer to give them.

Gov Hope Uzodinma became governor of Imo State at a very peculiar time, when the insurgency and banditry we used to read on the pages of newspapers as regular occurance in the North, suddenly decided to come down to the South East.

From Chief Achike Udenwa to Dr Ikedi Ohakim, down to Senator Rochas Okorocha, it has never been this bad and Imo is not peculiar. It is all over the South East.

A lot of people have their opinion over how the matter would have been handled but let me ask you Mr armchair critic, if you were governor and a band of armed men who aren't ready to reason with you, decide to hijack a part of your state, what would you do?

Would you allow them have a field day or will you invite those who's job it is, to handle such situations?

Gov Hope Uzodimma is not a security expert so he invited those who we employed to protect us when such situations arise. Admittedly, there have been some wrong calls by our security operatives leading to loss of innocent lives, but should we blame Uzodinma for their mistakes? The people we should blame are those of us sponsoring the banditry. You should blame yourself if you are amongst those protecting the bandits and criminals who started this madness in the first place.

I saw videos of people cheering the "unknown gunmen" that terrorised Owerri some time ago and we failed to realise that they were laying the ground for the Insecurity we are experiencing today.

If there is another way you think Gov Hope Uzodinma would have taken to arrest the situation, I'm yet to see your detailed submission on the matter. All we see is your criticism without proffering any solution.

When Okorocha was in charge, the sincere ones amongst us who tackled his excesses, did not do so because we expected something from him neither were we agents of political parties, hired to attack Okorocha. We did so as concerned citizens, proffering ideas and ways Okorocha would have done better and save himself the disgrace he has since been attracting to his name because of his misrule in Imo.

What Gov Hope Uzodinma needs from you is advise not attack.

He is not without faults as none of us is faultless and as such, he needs guidance and support from you to aid he get the job done.

When all he gets from you is attacks, how then do you expect him to work according to your desires? He is not a magician to know what you want or don't want and since you aren't talking to him, he's left with no option but to do what he feels is right, sometimes at your disapproval.

But then, you didn't give him the avenue and opportunity for communication.

We landed into the disaster that was Okorocha because we refused to give Ohakim the avenue for communication even when he gave Ndi Imo the opportunity to relate with him.

We are at it again with Uzodinma.

Those people telling you they are better might turn out to become our greatest nightmares if they finally get into power.

Our experience with Okorocha should have taught us a lot. Unfortunately many of us are gearing up to make the 2011 mistake all over again.

Hope Uzodinma is governor and until he leaves office, what he needs from you is your support.

Your support can come through advise or through constructive criticism backed with solutions to help guide him.

Good governance goes beyond being a member of a political party. If PDP for instance made people become saints and administrative gurus, how then did somebody Okezie Ikpeazu become the worst governor in Nigeria? Party doesn't make a man good or bad. You're either a good administrator or you're a bad administrator.

In the area of infrastructure, Gov Hope Uzodinma has demonstrated a desire to give Imo the best.

He met a state at the brink of infrastructural collapse and some people expect him to be a magician and fix what Okorocha spent eight years destroying in less that three years.

Let's be realistic and stop playing to the gallery. The regime of Rt Hon Emeka Ihedioha spent 8 months and no road was built because he had to access the mess he was walking into and understand where to start addressing it from.

We were patient with him yet with several infrastructural achievements by Uzodinma since he took over, we refuse to he patient with him. That's being unfair.

With all the bailouts, Paris Club refunds, bumper allocations, massive borrowing Okorocha had, he didn't leave a single motorable road in the whole of Imo State when he left in 2019.

Today Nigeria is almost cash crunched yet Uzodinma is going to Abuja begging everyday like the late Chief Sam Mbakwe did, to make sure he can get more things for his people.

O, so you think he is going to Abuja to do jamboree? Nwoke is going there to beg on your behalf yet what we pay him back with is disdain.

Very soon Orlu, Okigwe and Owerri to Umuahia roads would be completed while he addresses the inner roads one after the other and God willing, recover Imo to a considerable level before he leaves office.

In the area of penisons, I know a lot of pensioners now receiving their timely pensions. There may be some people who haven't been captured but I am hopeful that they would all be captured and receive their dues.

For eight years of Okorocha, no penisoner got a Kobo yet the man who is doing something about it is being crucified by the people he is working for.

This is usually how we move from frying pan to fire.

Ohakim was paying salaries and pensions but we didn't like him and brought in the "man of the people" who ended up asking pensioners why they were still alive and refused to pay them for eight years.

I am confident that every legitimate civil servant who has because of errors they brought upon themselves probably due to wrong documentations, would be addressed while the ghosts would all be weeded out.

Imo State is not about Hope Uzodinma. It's not about APC or PDP or any political party. Imo State is all about you and I. Ya riri mma oriri la mu na gi. Ya rikwanu njoo, na still all of us to cry. How can we make the state better? Lend your support let's stop insecurity and foster development and growth in the state.

It lies in your hands to move Imo forward.

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by matrixmuzi: 11:23am On Jul 27, 2022
U and uzodimna can go to hell . Bunch of savages.
Re: Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by OloYeOfEgbE: 11:27am On Jul 27, 2022
Trash from Ikonsi house.
Re: Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by Commentor: 11:30am On Jul 27, 2022
Dem go still yab am.
Re: Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by mrvitalis(m): 11:35am On Jul 27, 2022
Comroguji:
Uzodinma is governor at a peculiar time but means well for Ndi Imo

It was over breakfast with former Deputy Governor of Imo State, Sir Jude Agbaso when he said to me, "Obinna, if there is one thing I am certain about, it's the fact that Gov Hope Uzodinma really wants to work for Ndi Imo. We have seen governors come and go and you don't need a soothsayer to tell you that Uzodinma wants to leave a legacy behind by the time he leaves office."

I agree with Sir Jude Agbaso.

Listening to Gov Hope Uzodimma flagging off the Owerri to Umuahia road the other day, I heard a man with a passion to work for his people. A man who is not distracted from the mission to give his people they best he can offer to give them.

Gov Hope Uzodinma became governor of Imo State at a very peculiar time, when the insurgency and banditry we used to read on the pages of newspapers as regular occurance in the North, suddenly decided to come down to the South East.

From Chief Achike Udenwa to Dr Ikedi Ohakim, down to Senator Rochas Okorocha, it has never been this bad and Imo is not peculiar. It is all over the South East.

A lot of people have their opinion over how the matter would have been handled but let me ask you Mr armchair critic, if you were governor and a band of armed men who aren't ready to reason with you, decide to hijack a part of your state, what would you do?

Would you allow them have a field day or will you invite those who's job it is, to handle such situations?

Gov Hope Uzodimma is not a security expert so he invited those who we employed to protect us when such situations arise. Admittedly, there have been some wrong calls by our security operatives leading to loss of innocent lives, but should we blame Uzodinma for their mistakes? The people we should blame are those of us sponsoring the banditry. You should blame yourself if you are amongst those protecting the bandits and criminals who started this madness in the first place.

I saw videos of people cheering the "unknown gunmen" that terrorised Owerri some time ago and we failed to realise that they were laying the ground for the Insecurity we are experiencing today.

If there is another way you think Gov Hope Uzodinma would have taken to arrest the situation, I'm yet to see your detailed submission on the matter. All we see is your criticism without proffering any solution.

When Okorocha was in charge, the sincere ones amongst us who tackled his excesses, did not do so because we expected something from him neither were we agents of political parties, hired to attack Okorocha. We did so as concerned citizens, proffering ideas and ways Okorocha would have done better and save himself the disgrace he has since been attracting to his name because of his misrule in Imo.

What Gov Hope Uzodinma needs from you is advise not attack.

He is not without faults as none of us is faultless and as such, he needs guidance and support from you to aid he get the job done.

When all he gets from you is attacks, how then do you expect him to work according to your desires? He is not a magician to know what you want or don't want and since you aren't talking to him, he's left with no option but to do what he feels is right, sometimes at your disapproval.

But then, you didn't give him the avenue and opportunity for communication.

We landed into the disaster that was Okorocha because we refused to give Ohakim the avenue for communication even when he gave Ndi Imo the opportunity to relate with him.

We are at it again with Uzodinma.

Those people telling you they are better might turn out to become our greatest nightmares if they finally get into power.

Our experience with Okorocha should have taught us a lot. Unfortunately many of us are gearing up to make the 2011 mistake all over again.

Hope Uzodinma is governor and until he leaves office, what he needs from you is your support.

Your support can come through advise or through constructive criticism backed with solutions to help guide him.

Good governance goes beyond being a member of a political party. If PDP for instance made people become saints and administrative gurus, how then did somebody Okezie Ikpeazu become the worst governor in Nigeria? Party doesn't make a man good or bad. You're either a good administrator or you're a bad administrator.

In the area of infrastructure, Gov Hope Uzodinma has demonstrated a desire to give Imo the best.

He met a state at the brink of infrastructural collapse and some people expect him to be a magician and fix what Okorocha spent eight years destroying in less that three years.

Let's be realistic and stop playing to the gallery. The regime of Rt Hon Emeka Ihedioha spent 8 months and no road was built because he had to access the mess he was walking into and understand where to start addressing it from.

We were patient with him yet with several infrastructural achievements by Uzodinma since he took over, we refuse to he patient with him. That's being unfair.

With all the bailouts, Paris Club refunds, bumper allocations, massive borrowing Okorocha had, he didn't leave a single motorable road in the whole of Imo State when he left in 2019.

Today Nigeria is almost cash crunched yet Uzodinma is going to Abuja begging everyday like the late Chief Sam Mbakwe did, to make sure he can get more things for his people.

O, so you think he is going to Abuja to do jamboree? Nwoke is going there to beg on your behalf yet what we pay him back with is disdain.

Very soon Orlu, Okigwe and Owerri to Umuahia roads would be completed while he addresses the inner roads one after the other and God willing, recover Imo to a considerable level before he leaves office.

In the area of penisons, I know a lot of pensioners now receiving their timely pensions. There may be some people who haven't been captured but I am hopeful that they would all be captured and receive their dues.

For eight years of Okorocha, no penisoner got a Kobo yet the man who is doing something about it is being crucified by the people he is working for.

This is usually how we move from frying pan to fire.

Ohakim was paying salaries and pensions but we didn't like him and brought in the "man of the people" who ended up asking pensioners why they were still alive and refused to pay them for eight years.

I am confident that every legitimate civil servant who has because of errors they brought upon themselves probably due to wrong documentations, would be addressed while the ghosts would all be weeded out.

Imo State is not about Hope Uzodinma. It's not about APC or PDP or any political party. Imo State is all about you and I. Ya riri mma oriri la mu na gi. Ya rikwanu njoo, na still all of us to cry. How can we make the state better? Lend your support let's stop insecurity and foster development and growth in the state.

It lies in your hands to move Imo forward.
Imo was peaceful till hope foolishly invited army to repeat what they did in obigbo in Orlu and went on national TV to brag about it

That's was the genesis IMO was peaceful till then

As for Hope tell him no miracle can make him win IMO state election
Re: Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by RZArecta(m): 11:42am On Jul 27, 2022
LMAOOOO grin Imo people, una sorry o
Re: Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by gidgiddy: 11:47am On Jul 27, 2022
Imo was very peaceful under the last 3 Governors of Imo state, Ohakim, Okorocha and Ihedioha

Ever since the supreme court announced Uzodimma as Governor of Imo State, it had been shootings, killings, Helicopter attack, IRT invasion, Army invasion, death and destruction

To be a young man in Imo state now is dangerous, you can be tagged anything from unknown gunman to IPOB, at any time, and be killed on the spot

Why are all these things happening under Uzodimma? Is he the first person the courts have imposed on a state? No.

Uzodimma came in, rather than reconcile all the political gladiators as a statesman, rather than calm frayed nerves, rather than dialogue with any armed groups the way Okorocha and Ihedioha did, rather than use peace to get peace, he went on the offensive

He ran to Aso Rock to ask for Soldiers and they came with guns, IRT, DSS and it has been a killing spree. Young men are tagged IPOB and murdered, those who are lucky not to be killed are shipped off to Abuja and made to pay through the nose for what they know nothing about before they're released, girls are arrested and raped, many Imolites in different detention centres across the country, some their parents dont know where they are. Orlu, Awo Mmamma and Izombe have all been burnt by rampaging Soldiers under the excuse of looking for ESN, many innocent people killed

You cant even go for wedding and come back alive. Imo state has been cursed for having a man like Uzodimma as Governor and I hope they eagerly vote him out in the next elections so that a man of peace can come in and restore things to how they were before the evil Uzodimma came
Re: Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by ajekpaks(m): 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2022
Imo is the unluckiest state in the east in terms of leaders... even Ikpeazụ has more relevance than this deadbeat supreme court installed douchbag
Re: Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by Broveens42(m): 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2022
ajekpaks:
Imo is the unluckiest state in the east in terms of leaders... even Ikpeazụ has more relevance than this deadbeat supreme court installed douchbag

Yes I agree with you. But you see livability? No state in Nigeria can beat imo state. When you identity your greatest strengths, it is very easy to be successful (Government or no government);

Just open a small bar,guest house, motel or lounge in any vicinity in Owerri, and you will marvel at the level of your progress.
Re: Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by ajekpaks(m): 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
Broveens42:

Yes I agree with you. But you see livability? No state in Nigeria can beat imo state. When you identity your greatest strengths, it is very easy to be successful (Government or no government);

Just open a small bar,guest house, motel or lounge in any vicinity in Owerri, and you will marvel at the level of your progress.

with so much insecurity?
Re: Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by oilykid(m): 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2022
gidgiddy:
Imo was very peaceful under the last 3 Governors of Imo state, Ohakim, Okorocha and Ihedioha

Ever since the supreme court announced Uzodimma as Governor of Imo State, it had been shootings, killings, Helicopter attack, IRT invasion, Army invasion, death and destruction

To be a young man in Imo state now is dangerous, you can be tagged anything from unknown gunman to IPOB, at any time, and be killed on the spot

Why are all these things happening under Uzodimma? Is he the first person the courts have imposed on a state? No.

Uzodimma came in, rather than reconcile all the political gladiators as a statesman, rather than calm frayed nerves, rather than dialogue with any armed groups the way Okorocha and Ihedioha did, rather than use peace to get peace, he went on the offensive

He ran to Aso Rock to ask for Soldiers and they came with guns, IRT, DSS and it has been a killing spree. Young men are tagged IPOB and murdered, those who are lucky not to be killed are shipped off to Abuja and made to pay through the nose for what they know nothing about before they're released, girls are arrested and raped, many Imolites in different detention centres across the country, some their parents dont know where they are. Orlu, Awo Mmamma and Izombe have all been burnt by rampaging Soldiers under the excuse of looking for ESN, many innocent people killed

You cant even go for wedding and come back alive. Imo state has been cursed for having a man like Uzodimma as Governor and I hope they eagerly vote him out in the next elections so that a man of peace can come in and restore things to how they were before the evil Uzodimma came
You are terrible liar , imo and SE was peaceful until the scammer MNk brought his unknown gunmen to the East to terrorise igbos.

If not that uzodimma acted the way he did, imo would have turned to another borno state. IPOB hates uzodimma and umahi cause of tbe way he dealt with them. Uzodimma and umahi have performed morethan the current governors in the SE but ipob still hates them.

Blame ipob and mnk for the insecurity in the SE. He gathered jobless youths, brainwashed them and gave them guns to go on killing spree

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by Broveens42(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2022
ajekpaks:

with so much insecurity?

Tell that to 'uniform men'.. I think they are more at risk than investors
Re: Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by Broveens42(m): 2:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
As much as I don't like uzodinma, he has performed excellently well by trying to connect the 3 main zones in imo; okigwe, owerri and orlu..
He recently flagged off owerri-Umuahia road...
That route will soon experience economic boom... Imagine the already beautiful isinweke, 7 and half etc what it would become of when that road is completed.

Okigwe town in picture

Re: Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by gidgiddy: 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
oilykid:

You are terrible liar , imo and SE was peaceful until the scammer MNk brought his unknown gunmen to the East to terrorise igbos.

If not that uzodimma acted the way he did, imo would have turned to another borno state. IPOB hates uzodimma and umahi cause of tbe way he dealt with them. Uzodimma and umahi have performed morethan the current governors in the SE but ipob still hates them.

Blame ipob and mnk for the insecurity in the SE. He gathered jobless youths, brainwashed them and gave them guns to go on killing spree

You guys make me laugh. If MNK brought unknown gunmen to the South East to terrorise the South East, why is he still very popular there? Why didnt anyone in the South East rejoice and congratulate government when they brought him back from Kenya? Why did South East elders go to ask Buhari to release MNK? This is the same man you say is terrorising the South East

Imo State has become the most insecure place in the South East with daily killings, but there was no noise there before Hope Uzodimma came. Uzodimma is pure evil for calling in the military into his state when there was no need to. Only a foolish Governor will invite the military without first trying to resolve things amicably because the military are not an investigating unit, they dont know who is who, so they easily kill who ever they see

14 young boys coming back from a wedding murdered a week ago, it can only happen one place in the SE, Imo

Imo state has really suffered for having a a clueless Governor
Re: Uzodinma Is Governor At A Peculiar Time But Means Well For Ndi Imo by oilykid(m): 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2022
gidgiddy:

You guys make me laugh. If MNK brought unknown gunmen to the South East to terrorise the South East, why is he still very popular there? Why didnt anyone in the South East rejoice and congratulate government when they brought him back from Kenya? Why did South East elders go to ask Buhari to release MNK? This is the same man you say is terrorising the South East

Imo State has become the most insecure place in the South East with daily killings, but there was no noise there before Hope Uzodimma came. Uzodimma is pure evil for calling in the military into his state when there was no need to. Only a foolish Governor will invite the military without first trying to resolve things amicably because the military are not an investigating unit, they dont know who is who, so they easily kill who ever they see

14 young boys coming back from a wedding murdered a week ago, it can only happen one place in the SE, Imo

Imo state has really suffered for having a a clueless Governor
Stop lying, I'm igbo and I know what SE was like and what is currently happening now.

Like I said, what ever that is happening in SE now is caused by ipob and their cult followers.

(1) (Reply)

Anglican Church Knocks APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Is Tinubu An Antichrist? / Obidients Test The Microphone In Edo State (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.