Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:05 AM

[b][/b]a Prisoner's Dilemma[b][/b] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / [b][/b]a Prisoner's Dilemma[b][/b] (275 Views)

Queen Jennifer Ephraim's Book "Dilemma Of The Nigeria Girl Child" Now On Amazon / H▫A▫B▫I▫B▫A▫T / Prisoner Of Love: The Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[b][/b]a Prisoner's Dilemma[b][/b] by Hallexander(m): 11:37am On Jul 27, 2022
It’s dark, I can see but it doesn’t feel like it
I’m not in pain yet ,yet i feel sore
Days have passed, I think it’s half a decade
More or less, So many summers have gone
Many winters too
Everything is numb , it’s there , yet feels inexistent

“Mi Amor
I miss you , everyday I spend away from you
Stings my heart , renders me useless “
I think of you with all my being , my waking moments , the only reason I want to wake up , the moments when I see your pictures again

Amir shrugged looking at a corner in his cell , he stood up and went to the wall , he took her picture of the wall , sat back on his bed , he stared at the picture

“I know you blame yourself for what happened
I know you want to be in here with me , I know you are out there for our baby

Roses are red
Violets are blue
My heart yearns for you
Your heart yearns for me too

What happened that night wasn’t your fault , and I couldn’t even think about you in jail , that can’t happen,For the sake of our unborn baby
There was nothing we could have done , that accident , there was nothing we could do , and I had to make the sacrifice

Your heart is so pure
Your being without blemish
So sweet so affectionate
My lover my queen

I want this to be good bye , I want poor Rose to have another father , I want her to have a complete family , I don’t want her to know me as a fugitive , , I don’t want you to write back to me , I removed your name from the visitors list , you won’t be allowed to visit me anymore

I miss your meals
I miss your kisses
I miss you
I miss everything about you
I miss waking up to you staring at me
I miss life itself, you make my life have meaning
Mon Cheri “

Amir stood up again and hung back her picture
He folded the letter and put it in an envelope
He put it beside side bed

Bye Pat , he said quietly, he couldn’t bring himself to put it at the end of the letter
He laid back on his bed and turned away

In the end it was just a sad lonely man
Alone in a dark cell, locked away in his own darkness, love is his only utopia
Like a fool’s paradise

(1) (Reply)

How To Write And Be Successful. / We Available To Write SEO Articles For You / Content Writing Intern Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.