Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Signs That Shows Nigerian Youth Are Not Ready For Change (opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Signs That Shows Nigerian Youth Are Not Ready For Change (opinion) (357 Views)

Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True / PDP Is Not Ready To Take Over Power - Deji Adeyanju / Nigerian Youth Kneels As Senator Akpabio Inspects His Campaign Shirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs That Shows Nigerian Youth Are Not Ready For Change (opinion) by LesbianBoy(m): 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2022
In my opinion, Nigerians especially the youths are not ready for change and I don't see Peter obi winning. Before you argue read the following points below because it shows that I am right.

The election after end sar: I have heard some people say that end sar showed that the youth are tired. That this is soro soke generation etc. And I laugh! What happened after that protest showed me that the youths are not serious and were, and still are just "catching cruise'. Do you all remember that there were local government elections immediately after the protest. That was the right time for the youths to have come out and use their vote to make a statement that they are tired of politicians especially the APC ones but guess what, APC cleared the elections.

soludo and banky w and the STRUCTURE factor: I remember when soludo and banky w were in their previous political parties campaigning for political posts. At different times, they were hailed and told they would win and do well ON SOCIAL MEDIA. They foolishly believed the hype. In soludos case he lost the election and not until he came back and joined APGA (a political party that has structure in anambra) that he won! Same with banky w. He wasn't even given the ticket sef. Now he has joined PDP he won the primaries and i can tell you that he stands a better chance to win in 2023. Peter obi should not be deceived by the noise on social media. Structure matters!

ekiti and osun election: Because these two elections fell under when Peter obi started buzzing seriously in social media I felt it was the perfect time for youths to drive home their message (that's if they even have any sef) that they want change from the two popular parties, but we all saw how both elections turned out. In the case of ekiti, APC won and there were cases of vote buying with some of the stupid youths flaunting it on social media sef. As for osun, that was even worse because unlike in the case of ekiti, at least we can give an excuse and say it's because peter obi didn't show up that's why the party didn't get enough votes. But guess what, when peter obi showed up for the osun election, the party even got less votes than when he didn't show up in ekiti. Youths sef! angry

Nollywood actors: I expect Nigerian youths to start boycotting anyone supporting atiku or tinubu. Especially tinubu! But I can even see many of the popular celebrities boldly coming out to support tinubu. Now some people will say we are in democracy and so anybody can support anybody. But the situation Nigeria finds itself, this is no time for that. It's not like when they make a wrong choice they will suffer it alone. Everyone suffers!

no much defections: By this time in 2014 leading up to the 2015 general election, we were just hearing defections from PDP to APC in droves. Now ask yourself, why are there just one or two defections to Labour party and not so much like how PDP members were moving to APC in 2015? In case some of you don't know these politicians moving from one party to another have loyal supporters who vote on election day. So the fact that they are not decamping to Labour party shows it will be very difficult for Labour party and Peter obi to win.

2 Likes

Re: Signs That Shows Nigerian Youth Are Not Ready For Change (opinion) by LesbianBoy(m): 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2022
angry
Re: Signs That Shows Nigerian Youth Are Not Ready For Change (opinion) by SmellyNyash: 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2022
grin U don't mean it

Re: Signs That Shows Nigerian Youth Are Not Ready For Change (opinion) by GodsOwnMan: 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2022
omo ibo Tinubu is not responsible for your failure. Go and meet the corrupt and wicked governors of the South East including peter obi.

1 Like

Re: Signs That Shows Nigerian Youth Are Not Ready For Change (opinion) by Opintiwa: 9:39pm On Jul 27, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
omo ibo Tinubu is not responsible for your failure. Go and meet the corrupt and wicked governors of the South East including peter obi.

How do you rule a country you don’t believe in .

Show me where peter Obi said in quote “ I don’t believe in one Nigeria “

I will give you $100 this evening if you can’t release you bank info due to security risks drop your btc wallet

Re: Signs That Shows Nigerian Youth Are Not Ready For Change (opinion) by limeta(f): 9:50pm On Jul 27, 2022
So igbo governor are the reason 710 naira to $1
Just like thieftinubu you too careless about exchange rate

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Naira Vs Dollar / No Government Has Touched Lives Of Ordinary Citizens Like That Of APC / Alleged Yahoo Killing: Police Parade Bayelsa Murder Suspect, 12 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.