Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. (754 Views)

Here Is The Real Reason Tinubu Fixed Campaign On Monday In The South East / If Bola Tinubu Doesn't Take Time He Will Die Like A Goat - H.R.M Augustine Bola. / If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by deeva2: 11:10am On Jul 28, 2022
When he ran for the Lagos West senatorial seat in 1992, I was one of those not enamoured of his razzmatazz at the time. It wasn’t that I didn’t see something special in his ways at the time but I refused to get swayed to his side on a strict matter of principle and fidelity.

Over time, I had sat down to ponder the Tinubu phenomenon. His achievements so far cannot be equated with those of Chief Awolowo and Alhaji Jakande individually but, if the truth must be said, this Tinubu man has packed together the finer attributes of the other two great politicians into his political modus operandi. It is the main reason, to my mind, why I am supremely convinced that Bola Tinubu’s BEST is yet to be.

Before I am quoted out of context, let me say here that Tinubu has not told me he is running for the Presidency, after Buhari in 2023 but I strongly believe that after the North, the presidency should come to the South West in 2023.
Some may ask, why not South East ?

My own candid opinion is that in this matter of APC, the South-West did much better than the South-East in the formation and the footwork that gave Buhari, Nigeria’s version of America’s Abraham Lincoln, the coveted Presidential crown. Buhari, a conscience-driven person, has severally acknowledged this fact.
To be sure, the South East merits the Presidency, but not over and above the South West at this time, except fairness, equity and justice have other names to those espousing the idea of a South East presidency. When it is rationally their turn, all believers in a united Nigeria will certainly support their bid.

That settled, we should, in looking to a South-West presidency, not allow ourselves to be goaded into any permutation beyond Bola Tinubu for 2023.
Yes, SW parades a galaxy of stars who are also suitable to enter the presidential race . VP Osinbajo, Fashola, Amosun et al. But everything considered, in my well-considered view, Tinubu fits the bill best of all. It is settled matter that all these names were discovered by Tinubu and guided, to become the political colossuses they proudly are today.

I took an excursion to history earlier in this article on Tinubu trajectory deliberately and advisedly. He did not wade into the political waters ill-prepared. He came into it as a man of means, which I can attest to in the Mushin scenario I painted here and in his well articulated contributions to NADECO and the struggle against arbitrary rule towards the enthronement of democracy in our land; for which he was acknowledged and recognised by the powerful democracies and nations of the world.

What do I mean by saying that Tinubu fixed Lagos? It is fair account of history that Mobolaji Johnson remains unforgettable for working assiduously for the creation of Lagos State, and as its pioneer military administrator and later governor, did the best of which he was capable, to lay the foundation on which other governors, civilian and military, built.
But Lateef Jakande left his indelible footprints in governance as the first civilian governor who did the most pioneering job in the state including, but not limited to, the opening up of the Lekki corridor, undoubtedly the cash-cow of Lagos; the establishment of the Lagos State University, the mass housing estates in all the divisions of Lagos State as well as the state television (LTV8) and the abolition of the iniquitous shift system in schools.

Yet, if Jakande turned the forest of Lagos to a town, if you permit that manner of expression, Tinubu, to his eternal credit, beautified that “town” of all those who came after Jakande.

On the road to his present station in life, Tinubu burnt the midnight oil and candle and unsparingly drove himself hard because he was busy in his “laboratory”, seeking solutions to the multitude of pròblems besetting Lagos and proferring solutions to them.
Today, it is beyond debate that the template he drew up from his time as governor is still working for the state. If it wasn’t working, the state will not have earned for itself the undisputed appellation of “centre of excellence” in the country.
Also, his ability to fish out performers as governors of the State after him, is not commonplace asset; otherwise we should have seen such feat replicated in other states of the federation since.

These points make him a priceless asset to be sought after. If he fixed Lagos, I am goddamn convinced he can fix Nigeria.
I won’t claim absolute knowledge of all the frontline politicians of national stature; but I will wager on my bottom naira if Tinubu is not the hardest working of them all.

Politics can be a game of chess. It is also a game that cannot be played shunting God aside in the schemings. God is of equity, fairness, justice and conscience. Those who disregard the Supreme Being in their games always reap the whirlwind of their dishonesty and perfidy; the pity of it is that they never lived to have the consequences stare them in the face. That falls in the realm of spiritualism.
On terra firma, I cannot but remember the Awujale’s pet-song of “eyi ma dun to ee; eyi ma tun to ee; eyi ma dun to niti gbajumo; aiye ile o, eyi ma dun to niti gbajumo; eni baa sope ko dun to, ko see tie, ka woran ..”

The narrow-mindedness, heartlessness and petty jealousy with which some of his kinsmen embraced to thwart Yorubas best opportunity for Awo to become the President in his time, should not be allowed to rear their ugly heads to thwart another golden chance for the Yorubas and inexorably the Nigerian nation this time around.
I submit in all seriousness and sincerity that Bola Tinubu is Nigeria’s best hope, come 2023.

By Bayo Osiyemi[b]
Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:12am On Jul 28, 2022
Why do guys attribute Lagos development to Tinubu?

Was he better than Jakande?
Was he better than Fashola?
Was he better than Ambode?

Truly education is not golden.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by tollyboy5(m): 11:12am On Jul 28, 2022
Nothing is fixed in Lagos. His achievement in Lagos does not deserve him the presidency.

His house boy will be kicked out 2023.

Jandor is coming.

5 Likes

Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:13am On Jul 28, 2022
Tinubu didn't fix any lagos

Lagos was recently ranked the worst city to live in by the economists and Bloomberg

Go to mainland in Lagos it's shitty and in island in this Lagos, it's in a mess . Lagos is just a glorified slum nothing more

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by Smithkafors(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2022
Which Lagos?.... Una get serious problem. Una see fire dey enter. I pity una.
Peter
Obi remains the only solution for now. You guys wants to crumble Nigeria?.

3 Likes

Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by NwaMamaIwota(f): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2022
all of a sudden Nigeria will need a man like Tinubu to fix Buhari's mess.
all of a sudden after 7 years they've now realised that Buhari's government is now a failure since campaigning for continuity of their party's failure means mocking Nigeria.
all of a sudden buhari is no longer the best thing to happen to Nigeria after cat fish pepper soup.
all of a sudden they're now Buhari's critics just to project and tested failure within the same party.
because how will they explain to Nigerians that their party is the cause of their problems.
how can they explain to Nigerian youths sitting at home that their party is the reason they're rotting at home when they're supposed to be in the school.
how will they explain to Nigerians that their party is the cause of ravaging insecurities we found ourselves today and that their presidential candidate will be recruiting 50 million youths into the army to feed them agbado and cassava.
how can they explain to Nigerians that their party has failed them in every aspects.

of course they have no explanation for all these hence their only hope is to go tribal and play their usual old tribalism and tribal card tactics.
but you as a citizen of this country ask yourself this question.
will tribalism better our economy to at least prior to 2015?
will tribalism end insecurity and make everyone safe?
will tribalism send our children back to school and equip our schools.
will tribalism make life better for an average citizen?

so after pushing for a failure to be President what next?
when the suffering comes will it select other tribe and leave yours?
today all Nigerians are suffering but Buhari got the highest votes from the North.

dear fellow citizens it's time to look into these people's eyes and tell them to go to hell with their division tactics.
at a point all major tribes never believed in Nigeria but today they made it look like they love Nigeria most but keep presenting bad leaders ruining this country.
it's time to say enough is enough.

THE YOUTHS ARE COMING!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by Hyperchi(m): 11:25am On Jul 28, 2022
Yes, maybe he will Fix all his thug into govt office

3 Likes

Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by SmellyNyash: 11:26am On Jul 28, 2022
grin Let him go and fix his family problem

We are tired of these old criminal

They should go and rest for good

4 Likes

Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by Anyiamaka: 11:42am On Jul 28, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:
all of a sudden Nigeria will need a man like Tinubu to fix Buhari's mess.
all of a sudden after 7 years they've now realised that Buhari's government is now a failure since campaigning for continuity of their party's failure means mocking Nigeria.
all of a sudden buhari is no longer the best thing to happen to Nigeria after cat fish pepper soup.
all of a sudden they're now Buhari's critics just to project and tested failure within the same party.
because how will they explain to Nigerians that their party is the cause of their problems.
how can they explain to Nigerian youths sitting at home that their party is the reason they're rotting at home when they're supposed to be in the school.
how will they explain to Nigerians that their party is the cause of ravaging insecurities we found ourselves today and that their presidential candidate will be recruiting 50 million youths into the army to feed them agbado and cassava.
how can they explain to Nigerians that their party has failed them in every aspects.

of course they have no explanation for all these hence their only hope is to go tribal and play their usual old tribalism and tribal card tactics.
but you as a citizen of this country ask yourself this question.
will tribalism better our economy to at least prior to 2015?
will tribalism end insecurity and make everyone safe?
will tribalism send our children back to school and equip our schools.
will tribalism make life better for an average citizen?

so after pushing for a failure to be President what next?
when the suffering comes will it select other tribe and leave yours?
today all Nigerians are suffering but Buhari got the highest votes from the North.

dear fellow citizens it's time to look into these people's eyes and tell them to go to hell with their division tactics.
at a point all major tribes never believed in Nigeria but today they made it look like they love Nigeria most but keep presenting bad leaders ruining this country.
it's time to say enough is enough.

THE YOUTHS ARE COMING!

I love your argument and your submissions

1 Like

Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by LordMangekyo(m): 11:46am On Jul 28, 2022
Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by GamalNasser: 11:48am On Jul 28, 2022
But the problem is he hasn't fixed jack in Lagos

1 Like

Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by limeta(f): 11:55am On Jul 28, 2022
After fixing lagos he goes to london for medical treatment
Which kind fix be that

2 Likes

Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by aribisala0(m): 11:59am On Jul 28, 2022
IF.........................

But he did not fix Lagos

Transport = No Metro still heavily reliant on okada
Health = Fly abroad for treatment , advise Fashola to sack striking doctors
Housing= How many dwellings completed/built
Education= Fly your children abroad
Water= Is there potable water in Lagos? Everybody is on their own

1 Like

Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 28, 2022
tollyboy5:
Nothing is fixed in Lagos. His achievement in Lagos does not deserve him the presidency.

His house boy will be kicked out 2023.

Jandor is coming.

Lol. This is how I know you're literally a kid who has not led an adult life that involves making sound decisions with serious impact on many who rely on you to get it right. Like dependent children, extended family, employees or even a demanding employer.

Jandor, running with Funke, has a chance in Lagos against Sanwo-Olu? Bro think before you speak to discredit yourself completely.
Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by tollyboy5(m): 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
candidtalk:

Lol. This is how I know you're literally a kid who has not led an adult life that involves making sound decisions with serious impact on many who rely on you to get it right. Like dependent children, extended family, employees or even a demanding employer.

Jandor, running with Funke, has a chance in Lagos against Sanwo-Olu? Bro think before you speak to discredit yourself completely.
Who is sanwo-olu in Lagos?

Sanwo-olu is nobody. Just tinubu puppet. You're not smart, if you're smart you'll know APC Lagos camp are worried.
Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by tollyboy5(m): 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2022
aribisala0:
IF.........................

But he did not fix Lagos

Transport = No Metro still heavily reliant on okada
Health = Fly abroad for treatment , advise Fashola to sack striking doctors
Housing= How many dwellings completed/built
Education= Fly your children abroad
Water= Is there potable water in Lagos? Everybody is on their own
Those are the foundation jakande laid without turning himself baba isale.

You think tinubu fix Lagos and could not attend state hospital?

He flew abroad to states that are fixed.
Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by Omoslim26: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2022
Op where were you when the youths and reasonable Nigerians said they do not want old sick shaky men anymore undecided
You were not informed angry

Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by Vulturereloaded: 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2022
If he could not fix his nyash in Lagos, he cant fix Nigeria.

Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2022
tollyboy5:

Who is sanwo-olu in Lagos?

Sanwo-olu is nobody. Just tinubu puppet. You're not smart, if you're smart you'll know APC Lagos camp are worried.

Lol. APC Lagos worried about Jandor and Funke? You're a clown. You lPOBians should just sell your spare parts and fake goods in Lagos.

Leave politics to indigenes wherever you relocate to and stick to your money hustle. Politics is not for you guys. You're too emotional and hateful so will never be good at it.
Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by tollyboy5(m): 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2022
candidtalk:

Lol. APC Lagos worried about Jandor and Funke? You're a clown. You lPOBians should just sell your spare parts and fake goods in Lagos.

Leave politics to indigenes wherever you relocate to and stick to your money hustle. Politics is not for you guys. You're too emotional and hateful so will never be good at it.
You don't have to bring ipob to a normal discussion. This is the ethnic sentiment you're backing on for Mr tinubu to get block vote from Southwest lolz.

The shock you got in osun is just part one. Endsars momories are still intact, you think its by following tinubu up and down lol.
Do as you wish we will vote as we want. Thanks to the new electoral law.

Nice one from Ogun state also, Dapo is goner. There is no way Dapo will beat hon Ladi of PDP.
Baba ijebu political structure in Ogun state alone is a red flag to APC.
Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by aribisala0(m): 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2022
tollyboy5:

Those are the foundation jakande laid without turning himself baba isale.

You think tinubu fix Lagos and could not attend state hospital?

He flew abroad to states that are fixed.
When you talk know that the person you are talking to is not inside your head. They cannot read your mind .

That is why language has rules.

With this post one needs a translation because the only place it is comprehensible is your head

Is there something you are trying to communicate to me?
Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by tollyboy5(m): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2022
aribisala0:
When you talk know that the person you are talking to is not inside your head. They cannot read your mind .

That is why language has rules.

With this post one needs a translation because the only place it is comprehensible is your head

Is there something you are trying to communicate to me?
One you're an APC member brain is not needed. And it's not my fault tho.
Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
tollyboy5:

You don't have to bring ipob to a normal discussion. This is the ethnic sentiment you're backing on for Mr tinubu to get block vote from Southwest lolz.

The shock you got in osun is just part one. Endsars momories are still intact, you think its by following tinubu up and down lol.
Do as you wish we will vote as we want. Thanks to the new electoral law.

Nice one from Ogun state also, Dapo is goner. There is no way Dapo will beat hon Ladi of PDP.
Baba ijebu political structure in Ogun state alone is a red flag to APC.

Whatever floats your boat mate. You're an expert on SW politics now ba? We dey laugh.
Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by tollyboy5(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2022
candidtalk:

Whatever floats your boat mate. You're an expert on SW politics now ba? I dey laugh.
Fixed!
You guys are blackmailing southwest with your APC tinubu agenda and not Southwest agenda.

Do your thing and stop dragging Yorubas into miseries.
When APC collapse it's APC that collapse not Yoruba nation.
Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by aribisala0(m): 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2022
tollyboy5:

One you're an APC member brain is not needed. And it's not my fault tho.
Who is the APC member? It is like you have internal quarrel
Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by ugwuadudave(m): 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2022
..."Buhari, Nigeria's version of America's Abraham Lincoln"...abeg how?
Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by Kingspin(m): 5:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
deeva2:
When he ran for the Lagos West senatorial seat in 1992, I was one of those not enamoured of his razzmatazz at the time. It wasn’t that I didn’t see something special in his ways at the time but I refused to get swayed to his side on a strict matter of principle and fidelity.

Over time, I had sat down to ponder the Tinubu phenomenon. His achievements so far cannot be equated with those of Chief Awolowo and Alhaji Jakande individually but, if the truth must be said, this Tinubu man has packed together the finer attributes of the other two great politicians into his political modus operandi. It is the main reason, to my mind, why I am supremely convinced that Bola Tinubu’s BEST is yet to be.

Before I am quoted out of context, let me say here that Tinubu has not told me he is running for the Presidency, after Buhari in 2023 but I strongly believe that after the North, the presidency should come to the South West in 2023.
Some may ask, why not South East ?

My own candid opinion is that in this matter of APC, the South-West did much better than the South-East in the formation and the footwork that gave Buhari, Nigeria’s version of America’s Abraham Lincoln, the coveted Presidential crown. Buhari, a conscience-driven person, has severally acknowledged this fact.
To be sure, the South East merits the Presidency, but not over and above the South West at this time, except fairness, equity and justice have other names to those espousing the idea of a South East presidency. When it is rationally their turn, all believers in a united Nigeria will certainly support their bid.

That settled, we should, in looking to a South-West presidency, not allow ourselves to be goaded into any permutation beyond Bola Tinubu for 2023.
Yes, SW parades a galaxy of stars who are also suitable to enter the presidential race . VP Osinbajo, Fashola, Amosun et al. But everything considered, in my well-considered view, Tinubu fits the bill best of all. It is settled matter that all these names were discovered by Tinubu and guided, to become the political colossuses they proudly are today.

I took an excursion to history earlier in this article on Tinubu trajectory deliberately and advisedly. He did not wade into the political waters ill-prepared. He came into it as a man of means, which I can attest to in the Mushin scenario I painted here and in his well articulated contributions to NADECO and the struggle against arbitrary rule towards the enthronement of democracy in our land; for which he was acknowledged and recognised by the powerful democracies and nations of the world.

What do I mean by saying that Tinubu fixed Lagos? It is fair account of history that Mobolaji Johnson remains unforgettable for working assiduously for the creation of Lagos State, and as its pioneer military administrator and later governor, did the best of which he was capable, to lay the foundation on which other governors, civilian and military, built.
But Lateef Jakande left his indelible footprints in governance as the first civilian governor who did the most pioneering job in the state including, but not limited to, the opening up of the Lekki corridor, undoubtedly the cash-cow of Lagos; the establishment of the Lagos State University, the mass housing estates in all the divisions of Lagos State as well as the state television (LTV8) and the abolition of the iniquitous shift system in schools.

Yet, if Jakande turned the forest of Lagos to a town, if you permit that manner of expression, Tinubu, to his eternal credit, beautified that “town” of all those who came after Jakande.

On the road to his present station in life, Tinubu burnt the midnight oil and candle and unsparingly drove himself hard because he was busy in his “laboratory”, seeking solutions to the multitude of pròblems besetting Lagos and proferring solutions to them.
Today, it is beyond debate that the template he drew up from his time as governor is still working for the state. If it wasn’t working, the state will not have earned for itself the undisputed appellation of “centre of excellence” in the country.
Also, his ability to fish out performers as governors of the State after him, is not commonplace asset; otherwise we should have seen such feat replicated in other states of the federation since.

These points make him a priceless asset to be sought after. If he fixed Lagos, I am goddamn convinced he can fix Nigeria.
I won’t claim absolute knowledge of all the frontline politicians of national stature; but I will wager on my bottom naira if Tinubu is not the hardest working of them all.

Politics can be a game of chess. It is also a game that cannot be played shunting God aside in the schemings. God is of equity, fairness, justice and conscience. Those who disregard the Supreme Being in their games always reap the whirlwind of their dishonesty and perfidy; the pity of it is that they never lived to have the consequences stare them in the face. That falls in the realm of spiritualism.
On terra firma, I cannot but remember the Awujale’s pet-song of “eyi ma dun to ee; eyi ma tun to ee; eyi ma dun to niti gbajumo; aiye ile o, eyi ma dun to niti gbajumo; eni baa sope ko dun to, ko see tie, ka woran ..”

The nar

By Bayo Osiyemi[b]
You can as well bring back Abacha, after all the economy and dollar were stable during the time.
Well when you make people like AFDB president, Adesina, APC candidate, I will vote them.
Re: If Bola Tinubu Fixed Lagos, He Can Fix Nigeria. by OkCornel(m): 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
What did he fix in the Lagos that still ranks as one of the worst cities in the world today?

(1) (Reply)

Why Peter Obi Should Jettison Presidential Ambition - Simon Ekpa / U.S. Diplomat Warns Africans Against Buying Anything From Russia Except / 2023: Atiku, Wike In Eyeball To Eyeball.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.