Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

One Undiscussed Salient Point On Islamic Banking. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / One Undiscussed Salient Point On Islamic Banking. (635 Views)

Ngozi: Islamic Banking Is Ok / Jonathan Shuns Talks On Islamic Banking! / Stanbic IBTC Gets Licence For Islamic Banking Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Undiscussed Salient Point On Islamic Banking. by Opoki(m): 9:21am On Aug 01, 2011
I had a discussion with one of the Muslim cleric about "Islamic Banking" shortly before the Ramadan prayer yesterday and to my dismay he said he may not be ok with the said Islamic banking because "it MAY champion the course of Jihad" except if what CBN is proposing is not the REAL Islamic banking.
@house and scholars,what are the differences between Sharia banking and Islamic banking?
Re: One Undiscussed Salient Point On Islamic Banking. by REPSNIG: 10:01am On Aug 01, 2011
Everything Islamic is evil.
Re: One Undiscussed Salient Point On Islamic Banking. by Nairaplus(m): 7:20am On Aug 03, 2011
@opoki, please help us interview your friend further on why he thinks it will lead to a jihad. That may be all the government needs to stop this unpopular islamic banking move.
Re: One Undiscussed Salient Point On Islamic Banking. by Jarus(m): 9:55am On Aug 03, 2011
Opoki:

I had a discussion with one of the Muslim cleric about "Islamic Banking" shortly before the Ramadan prayer yesterday and to my dismay he said he may not be ok with the said Islamic banking because "it MAY champion the course of Jihad" except if what CBN is proposing is not the REAL Islamic banking.
@house and scholars,what are the differences between Sharia banking and Islamic banking?

What way? Ask the ignorant cleric.

REP S NIG:

Everything Islamic is evil.
Another fool.
Re: One Undiscussed Salient Point On Islamic Banking. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2011
Opoki:

Please expound, ask more before you start a quarrel here

(1) (Reply)

Best ISP For Cyber Cafe / Have You Known Any Of These? / Petrol Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.