Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,988 members, 7,852,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

What To Do - No Custom's Documents For Shuttle Buses? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What To Do - No Custom's Documents For Shuttle Buses? (189 Views)

Curfew Is For Okada, Keke And Shuttle Buses Only In 8 Council Areas - Soludo / Get Your Verification Documents For Paypal, Skrill, Neteller And Many More / Trailer Crushes Buses And Pedestrians In Akungba In Ondo State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Do - No Custom's Documents For Shuttle Buses? by matt4good: 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2022
What to do - No Custom's documents for Shuttle Buses?

I am here at Ladipo, Lagos - trying to buy a shuttle bus.
The budget for this is between 1.5 to 2.0.

I asked the sellers about Custom's documents - that I need to
verify the custom's paper regarding payment of duties on the bus before
buying any. I do not want to have any problems with Nigerian customs.

I have been just told - by multiple sellers at Ladipo - that they do not give
Custom's papers for shuttle buses; that shuttle buses are imported into the country as spare parts,
and then assembled in Nigeria. That the only documents I will receive are receipts
and change of ownership documents.

I understand that the shuttle buses come as spare parts ...

Questions:
(1) But what if I run into customs guys and they ask about custom's papers?
(2) What if I go to register the shuttle bus to get plate number and other documents and they ask about custom's paper?
(3) What if I drive the shuttle bus from Lagos to Anambra - how am I going to handle Custom's guys?

Guys with experience, please I need your advice. I don't want to be at the mercy of Custom's people.
I am afraid that the shuttle bus risk being impounded, so a big risk of losing 1.5 - 2.0 in the future.

Thanks!
Re: What To Do - No Custom's Documents For Shuttle Buses? by SpyAC(m): 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2022
Why Lagos? Instead of buying in Onisha here, well if you go ahead to buy in Lagos make sure you have you custom papers, but the seller will never give you custom papers because, they don't have it, you have to take the original receipt to custom office for them to give you the paper, or look for One Army officer and pay him up to 50k to bring it back for you.
Re: What To Do - No Custom's Documents For Shuttle Buses? by matt4good: 4:04pm On Jul 28, 2022
SpyAC:
Why Lagos? Instead of buying in Onisha here, well if you go ahead to buy in Lagos make sure you have you custom papers, but the seller will never give you custom papers because, they don't have it, you have to take the original receipt to custom office for them to give you the paper, or look for One Army officer and pay him up to 50k to bring it back for you.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. How car the shuttle bus be registered with Customs for them to provide paper-work?
What are the procedures?
And what might it cost?

The shuttle bus will be majorly used in Lagos.
But I am mindful that a situation might arise that could warrant to drive it to the East and then back to Lagos.

Many thanks for your feedback.

(1) (Reply)

Try Pin Vise For Jewelry Making For Jewelry / United States Is Main Threat To Russia, Putin Says / Learn Free Piano Lessons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.