Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Cavendish, Gros Micheal And A Genetically Natural Banana Specie - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cavendish, Gros Micheal And A Genetically Natural Banana Specie (416 Views)

Genetically Modified Pod-Borer Resistant Cowpea Approved In Nigeria / Why You Should Invest In This Massive Banana Specie / Nigeria To Send Back Illegally Imported Genetically Modified Maize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cavendish, Gros Micheal And A Genetically Natural Banana Specie by BackToLife: 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2022
The Story has been popularly told of how almost all the eye-catching Bananas in the World today were from genetically modified versions of the Natural one. Truly, some of the natural ones from Asia from which the GMO Versions were derived have big seeds and not really edible, but the natural ones which our forefathers enjoyed in Africa was far more edible and sweeter even than the GMO. Good edible Natural Bananas still exists. Below are the 3 types of Bananas that I'm very familiar with, the third one called "local Nigerian Banana" is my very favorite as I now avoid anything genetically modified foods. It's obvaious that the Westerners only give Scientific Names to what they choose and treat other African things as non-existent. I think we Africans should do more to Research, Value and Name our Natural Endowments Scientifically in our own way.

If you know any Scientific Name for the more nutritious and sweeter Natural African Banana in the last Picture, kindly let us know.
Re: Cavendish, Gros Micheal And A Genetically Natural Banana Specie by BackToLife: 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2022
1.) Gros Michel Banana specie (Partial GMO)

Re: Cavendish, Gros Micheal And A Genetically Natural Banana Specie by BackToLife: 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
2.) Cavendish Banana specie (GMO)

Re: Cavendish, Gros Micheal And A Genetically Natural Banana Specie by BackToLife: 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
3.) Authentic Natural African Sweet Banana:
This is the best for Human health and longevity. If you know the scientific Name for this, please let us know.

Re: Cavendish, Gros Micheal And A Genetically Natural Banana Specie by ayourbamie: 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2022
BackToLife:
3.) Authentic Natural African Sweet Banana:
This is the best for Human health and longevity. If you know the scientific Name for this, please let us know.

Musa spp?
Re: Cavendish, Gros Micheal And A Genetically Natural Banana Specie by BackToLife: 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
ayourbamie:

Musa spp?
grin Please, are you answering the question or are you re-asking me?
Re: Cavendish, Gros Micheal And A Genetically Natural Banana Specie by ayourbamie: 9:24am On Jul 30, 2022
BackToLife:

grin Please, are you answering the question or are you re-asking me?

Both

(1) (Reply)

New Inventions For Farmers. / 200 Gallons Of Red Palm Oil At 30k Per 25L Gallon / Poultry Cage For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.