Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m (39613 Views)

70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos) / 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by OndoRaph(m): 11:26am On Aug 01, 2022
EBEk101:
This people with their millions of yrs How do they come to know this
Carbon dating
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by Roycemadeit(m): 11:26am On Aug 01, 2022
AudioMonkey:

Well, I never said the earth is 2000 years old, I rather said 'a book' written about 2000 years ago.
Pay attention to details folk.
The book wasn't written about 2000 years ago, try 500 years ago.
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by Image123(m): 11:26am On Aug 01, 2022
ritzyvic1:

It's called carbon dating
They measure the quantities of different carbon isotopes
Since the rate of decay is constant and known, they can calculate the time the skeleton was formed.

Now, do you love science?

By faith, it is constant and known.
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by ChristineC: 11:27am On Aug 01, 2022
MuslimIgbo:
Some morõns won't believe because it contravenes their senseless believe system.

The same problem that told them that the earth isn't flat like their storybook claimed and it was later proven.

I didn't mention any names before o, but since you choose to be a stew peed mo run, let me educate you small.

1)
1 Chronicles 16:30
Tremble before him, all the earth! The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.

2)
Isaiah 40:22
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

3)
THE MOST INTERESTING
Matthew 4:8
Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.

4)
Psalms 75:3
When the earth and all its people quake, it is I who hold its pillars firm.

5)
Psalms 104:5
He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.

6)
Another very interesting one grin grin
Revelation 7:1
After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.

7)
FEEL FREE TO ASK FOR MORE cool cool cool
foolishness and a complete waste of the resources of whoever deemed it fit to send you to any education center is to be blamed for this stain on the earth.

1 Like

Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by Grandmeister(m): 11:29am On Aug 01, 2022
damosade:

It is called carbon dating under physics, is an advanced equipment that check the fossils characteristics and compare it with natural elements that was in existence then.. if not accurate, will be closer to accuracy.

Don't say lies. Seek knowledge . After God , na scientists, the evidence is clear around us.
Carbon dating is only accurate to 15,000- 30,000 years.
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by bagad: 11:29am On Aug 01, 2022
IbileIfe:

You are the one who is behind asslicking white supremacists and their misleading theories.
Carbon dating of prehistoric objects is a technique that is subject to change.

everything you know self was written and taught by the same white people.
Even the carbon dating you're claiming now self.
As in, there's no modern day civilized stuff s made by Africans.
The fact is... Stop doubting science.
They already made a lot of better things that makes life easier to live and understand better today than Africans ever did.
Even the mobile phones we use today.
So it's not about asslicking or so.
Stop the hate speech and bad envy.
Use your sense to improve yourself
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by Yankiss(m): 11:30am On Aug 01, 2022
EBEk101:
This people with their millions of yrs
How do they come to know this
Carbon dating. Every living substance has a certain carbon profile. Once it dies, the carbon rating will begin to decay at a rate peculiar to the substance. The remnant of carbon present at any point in time is used to date the substance by half-life method.

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by MuslimIgbo: 11:30am On Aug 01, 2022
ChristineC:
foolishness and a complete waste of the resources of whoever deemed it fit to send you to any education center is to be blamed for this stain on the earth.
Lol
Very senseless response.
As usual, that's what you people resort to, when you don't have anything to defend yourself and you start looking stupid.

Shame!
Time wasters grin

1 Like

Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 01, 2022
Roycemadeit:

The book wasn't written about 2000 years ago, try 500 years ago.

You can as well try 500,000 years.
Whatever works for you buddy. That's your headache not mine.
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by Roycemadeit(m): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2022
Treasure17:
77m years abi 77 years? These people should stop giving us lamba na.

It is illogical for someone who doesn't have knowledge of a thing to just write it off.

If that was the way of the world we won't have developed any technologies...

When you encounter something strange do a research, that's why wisdom is amassed through questions and not illogical conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by ChristineC: 11:33am On Aug 01, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

Lol
Very senseless response.
As usual, that's what you people resort to, when you don't have anything to defend yourself and you start looking stupid.

Shame!
Time wasters grin
you are a foolish person and you wear it with pride.
a kindergarten pupil cannot even translate all the things you quoted as meaning a flat earth.
go and refund all your tuition and apologize to the person who has been so unfortunate to disburse resources on you.
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by Roycemadeit(m): 11:35am On Aug 01, 2022
AudioMonkey:

You can as well try 500,000 years.
Whatever works for you buddy. That's your headache not mine.

It is great to have your facts correct. I tried to educate you but since your savour's dying year and birth year are contradictory even to those who compiled the book, I didn't expect you to know any better.
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by MuslimIgbo: 11:36am On Aug 01, 2022
ChristineC:
you are a foolish person and you wear it with pride.
a kindergarten pupil cannot even translate all the things you quoted as meaning a flat earth.
go and refund all your tuition and apologize to the person who has been so unfortunate to disburse resources on you.
When someone is frustrated miserable fool and a hypocrite, she can twist anything to suite and fit whatever she wants to believe and she continues to even fool herself...

I pity u embarassed
When will you have sense?
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by ChristineC: 11:40am On Aug 01, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

When someone is frustrated miserable fool and a hypocrite, she can twist anything to suite and fit whatever she wants to believe and she continues to even fool herself...

I pity u embarassed
When will you have sense?
hahaha frustrated? how can I be frustrated when I don't eat agbado and cassava, neither do I plan to join the Nigerian army?

Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by Blakpot: 11:42am On Aug 01, 2022
Good deal.
In the future it would be worth much more 6m
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 01, 2022
Roycemadeit:

It is great to have your facts correct. I tried to educate you but since your savour's dying year and birth year are contradictory even to those who compiled the book, I didn't expect you to know any better.

Exactly, everything else out there is contradictory too.
So what facts do you have about life which is perfect? Evolution? Big bang? Or something else? And you have 100% facts it's perfect? Keep living in delusion.
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by Jat33: 11:44am On Aug 01, 2022
77million years... But they couldn't tell us when the earth was created grin
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by NobleEugene5(m): 11:50am On Aug 01, 2022
Jat33:
77million years... But they couldn't tell us when the earth was created grin
4 billion years ago?
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by hegelian: 11:54am On Aug 01, 2022
ritzyvic1:

Since the rate of decay is constant and known, they can calculate the time the skeleton was formed.

You gotta love and at the same time feel sorry for nigerians..reading through comments will just get you sorry for the country...we cant even phanthom what have happened to earth over billions of years with traces left for us to ponder on with our imaginations, govt have really destroyed our imaginations which is a recipe for research and development...
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by Bleiz(m): 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2022
princepee:
Onyibo and their nonsense!
The person that bought it for 6m him wan eat am ni?
BTW who counted the years?
When people have little to worry about they do rubbish.
We are thinking of how to make ends meet someone is spending millions of dollars of nonsense!

Carbon dating is used to ESTIMATE the age.

77 million years ago preceded human civilisation.

Buying that skeleton can give whoever that bought it more than 6 million dollars if he charges researchers and students who visit his private museum.
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by starz100: 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
If this creature lived 77 million years ago, then how old is creation itself ;when then were the first mammals created including the first Man, Adam. From the time Adam and Eve were formed till now is not more than 10 thousand years according to biblical records (please I am not talking about the age of the earth oo) and we are also told that the animals and other creatures were all created in seven days or 7*1000 years, by some interpretation, which is still a far cry from 77m years.
Please can someone help to reconcile biblical records with this kind of scientific dating
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by SolarCorona: 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
6 Million Dollars. Is it Liberian or Zimbabwean dollars I dont gerrit. Then how much for the whole animal with the flesh and all?

Well At least Tiloomboo fine pass this skeleton.

But Pitobi and Datti the finest . So I will prefer them

Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by onojaford(m): 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2022
EBEk101:
I believe you've never heard of carbon dating...
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by ck470: 12:09pm On Aug 01, 2022
Carbon dating

EBEk101:
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by EBEk101(m): 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2022
bagad:
what do you know.
Poor African mentality.
Well it's obvious while we are behind in almost everything.

I did ask a qustn how they come to knw of that figure
Sane People corrected me, some even ask I read and knw what carbon dating is
But with this ur comment I conclude u r the one with poor mentality

Read the bolded and argue with yourself

Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by Maxpro121: 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2022
EBEk101:
This people with their millions of yrs How do they come to know this
through what is called carbon dating
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by riches4me(m): 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2022
AudioMonkey:
77 million years? Theriously?
Someone doesn't want me to trust a book written about 2000 years ago but wants me to believe what happened 77,000,000 millions of years ago.
It's obvious who the joke is on.

n the meanwhile, shout out to my dear girl Pena Julianna whose title reign was beheaded prematurely by Nunes in their rematch.
Sorry Pena, you know it's hard for a woman to beat Nunes, you're a woman, she is a man.
People like Nunes and Brittney Griner are neither men nor women.
When you look at Nunes, sometimes you see a beautiful woman, other times you see a beautiful man.

Don't believe, nobody forced you to. Meanwhile, don't ever use their technology or science application because d JOKE will now turn on you!
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by Napoleon55(m): 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
The earth is more than 6000yrs,
Adam's age began 6000yrs ago,but the earth is truly more than 6kyrs.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
And the earth WAS without form and void,and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters"

In the above quoted verse,a lot of things happened there,this was millions of years before Adam's creation.
This beginning is not Adams beginning but the first beginning before Satan's rebellion .
When Lucifer rebelled he was cast down to the earth,his downfall caused a great cataclysm ,and God frozed the earth and covered it with water and darkness,it remained like that for millions of years ,no one knows for how long.
But it was on this condition that God said let there be light,so that another creation will begin.

That's why he commanded Adam to replenish the earth,because there was something there before.
There were beings on earth before,no one knows the kind of beings they were,but when they rebelled along side Lucifer they lost their bodies and became disembodied spirits,that is what we call demons today,because the y r seeking for body to possess .
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by LienwaltAbel(m): 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
AudioMonkey:

Well, I never said the earth is 2000 years old, I rather said 'a book' written about 2000 years ago.
Pay attention to details folk.
The Bible wasn't even compiled (not written) 2000 years ago
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by PotatoSalad(m): 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
ritzyvic1:

Chief, why do you waste your time educating people that believe the world was created in 6 days? Na exercise in futility. Let them remain ignorant.
Re: Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m by Oceanjagaban: 12:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
How much be full human being

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paul Oloche Invents Solar-Powered Vehicle, Fighter Jet In Benue / Rare Christmas Star Will Appear This Festive Season. Here Is Why / What Would Happen If There Were No Moon? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.