Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot (832 Views)

Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) / COVID Hasn’t Stopped Ethiopian’s $5 Billion Mega-hub / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:25am On Jul 29, 2022
(CNN).
Listen, we all have fantasies of living like the one percent.

Envision a future in which you forget how to cut a cucumber and grocery store trips become foreign, you staff a full-time chef, you never have to do another load of laundry yourself and you have a driver.

I can go on.

On Friday, (July 29 2022), one lucky person could win the Mega Millions lottery jackpot which is currently up to $1.025 billion. If there is a winner, the prize would be the third largest in Mega Millions history. Of course there are taxes, and that means significantly less cash, but still, it is a lot of money.

Options are to either take 30 annual payments over 29 years or an immediate cash lump sum, which is estimated to be $602.5 million, minus federal and state taxes.

Still, we are looking at a lot of money. What to do with it all?

The practical advice is to sign and guard your ticket, stay anonymous, hire some solid financial advisers and spend thoughtfully.

But who needs to be practical when the odds of actually winning the jackpot are like 1 in 302.5 million?

Staying in the realm of fantasy for a moment, here are 21 ways that lucky winner could live luxe

1. Buy a yacht, but be reasonable. Do not buy a 50-foot yacht which starts at around $145 million, not counting staff and docking, so let's buy a smaller boat and keep the cost around $15 million.

2. Summer in the South of France and eat out for every meal for awhile. You can afford it.

3. Buy a Rolex.

4. Buy good jewelry.

5. Look expensive, not flashy. Don't turn into a "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" cast member.

6. Get some work done. Lift your whole face up if you'd like. You have to look the part.

7. Go Hollywood with your teeth and pay cash.

8. Oh, have you quit your job yet? Do that.

9. Log into your bank account and look at the sum multiple times per day for fun.

10. Disappear. Poof never heard from again.

11. Go live on a farm in Ireland. (Just me?)

12. Buy a West Village home in New York City.

13. Buy young blood for the plasma and inject it to slow the aging process.

14. Adopt several animals. Buy them expensive clothes.

15. Purchase $300 face cream and use globs of it nightly. Hire someone to rub it in.

16. Hire a bodyguard. Make sure no one gets kidnapped.

17. Only fly private, but offset your carbon footprint.

18. Buy good art.

19. Buy a sports team if you're into that.

20. Don't do it all in one day.

21. Donate a substantial portion of your pile of money to worthy causes. Feel the joy of generosity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:26am On Jul 29, 2022
That is over 500 BILLION NAIRA!!! shocked shocked sad

GOODLUCK TO THE WINNER!!!

Remember dem MANNA biko!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:41am On Jul 29, 2022
gaby:
Nairalanders oya make una join me in praying and fasting.

We must win this jackpot.

I don't buy 5 tickets like this...
We wish you all the very best of luck.
Na over 500 BILLION NAIRA we dey talk about so

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by Karlovich: 4:55am On Jul 29, 2022
embarassed In my case I will grill vultures and have a large feast with my family.

It's not been easy for me. From APC to grilling to blogging to lottery fantasy, I've seen a lot at the gate and I need to win the jackpot.

4 Likes

Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 29, 2022
Well, that's a lot of money though but then, nothing much is going to change.
There are folks who live with multiples of that in their charge everyday and yet nothing has really changed.
Though folks say it's better to cry in a Bugatti than in Keke Napep, yeah true.
But everyone isn't gonna die with $1.05 billion in your wallet. So as much as it is good to chase and have your eyes on the big bag, it's much better to choose to enjoy life as it comes because most people are gonna die chasing, never going to get it. The only thing everyone can get is to enjoy whatever you're able to get.
If you tie your happiness to chasing an imaginary big bag you're never gonna get, that means you die trying.
Funny enough, the few ones who were able to get the big bags in life, ask them, although it seems many things changed, but nothing really changed.

Fight hard for a better life, but choose to enjoy the good life on your way to a better life because you never can tell.

Die enjoying life or die trying.
Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2022
gaby:

I swear...na so whites, blacks, Asians and everyone dey buy ticket oh lol

Everybody wan hammer
You can say that again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2022
Karlovich:
embarassed In my case I will grill vultures and have a large feast with my family.

It's not been easy for me. From APC to grilling to blogging to lottery fantasy, I've seen a lot at the gate and I need to win the jackpot.
Okay noted.
Eat your vultures in peace.
All the best to you too kiddo tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by starlite101(f): 3:51am On Jul 30, 2022
I bought 8 tickets, waiting on the drawing now. Fingers crossed!! cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 30, 2022
starlite101:

Please how do they play it grin
Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by starlite101(f): 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
leody:

Please how do they play it grin

I like to use the NC Lottery app to purchase, otherwise people go to gas stations and grocery stores to buy. My tickets were a bust….I didn’t win a dime. A friend won a whopping $24. LOL
Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
Mtchews ndi lotto na pool, okwa ego enyere gi , Ka ijiri ga gba pool.
Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2022
UPDATE :

On Friday night, Mega Millions held a drawing for a whopping $1.28 billion jackpot, the third largest in American history.
Late in the evening, officials announced the winning numbers—13-36-45-57-67, with a Mega Ball of 14—and on Saturday morning, said that one jackpot-winning ticket had been sold, in Illinois.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
starlite101:
Do you live in Illinois pleaseeee?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2022
starlite101:

I like to use the NC Lottery app to purchase, otherwise people go to gas stations and grocery stores to buy. My tickets were a bust….I didn’t win a dime. A friend won a whopping $24. LOL
Oh, North Caro.....
$24?!
That's a Lotta money mehn!
Lol cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by starlite101(f): 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2022
post=115225308:

Do you live in Illinois pleaseeee?!

No, I’m in NC. A jackpot win would have been great, though. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 31, 2022
starlite101:

Oh OK how can People from naija play it?
Re: 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot by starlite101(f): 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2022
leody:

Oh OK how can People from naija play it?

I’m not sure. Even with using the app, it verifies my location within the state of NC before my purchase goes through. I would think all of the states’ apps do that, because the lottery isn’t played in all 50 states so location is verified. ~45 states and a few territories allow lottery play.

(1) (Reply)

Japa Update: International Students In Canada Can Now Work Full-time! / UK Skilled Worker Visa Or Australian 491 Visa / Nigeria Port . . .corrupt? Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.