Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Conduct Of The NECO Exam in Delta State marred by shoddy logistics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Conduct Of The NECO Exam in Delta State marred by shoddy logistics (257 Views)

Prisoners Set For 2018 NECO Exam In Ogun State / Please How Do I Retrieve My NECO Exam Number? / How Can One Retrieve His Neco Exam Number After Losing The Print Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conduct Of The NECO Exam in Delta State marred by shoddy logistics by Passionnn: 7:18am On Jul 29, 2022
I don't know about your area. But the conduct of the NECO examination in my area is quite distasteful.
First is the low turn out for registration. Many of the centres have very few candidates, ranging from 5 to 30.
Despite the few numbers of candidates, it is clear that the examination body has done very little in terms of logistics. The timetable itself is not properly organised. Apart from that, there are cases of last minute alterations to the timetable. English language papers earlier scheduled for Wednesday 10 am, was suddenly shifted to 2pm. But reports showed some centres didn't receive the questions till 6pm. Imagine writing a core subject like English language in the night! Many centres had to hurriedly make provision for light. It was nothing like a certificate examination.
Thursday's physics/Commerce wasn't different. The questions arrived by 6pm. The candidates left around 9pm. Some centres which couldn't wait could not even take the exam.
At a time when NECO has become an unpopular choice among candidates, now these. I wonder if they will get candidates next year.

2 Likes

Re: Conduct Of The NECO Exam in Delta State marred by shoddy logistics by Teacher1776(m): 7:26am On Jul 29, 2022
R I P. Neco
People running government agencies in Nigeria are only interested in filling their pockets.
Imagine school children still on the street by 9 to 11 pm in the name of examination! When insecurity is everywhere.
Indeed there was a country.

2 Likes

Re: Conduct Of The NECO Exam in Delta State marred by shoddy logistics by Teacher1776(m): 7:30am On Jul 29, 2022
See what they sent to us.

2 Likes

Re: Conduct Of The NECO Exam in Delta State marred by shoddy logistics by Virginnn(f): 7:41am On Jul 29, 2022
Nigeria..
From top
To
Bottom
Re: Conduct Of The NECO Exam in Delta State marred by shoddy logistics by Passionnn: 7:45am On Jul 29, 2022
Teacher1776:
See what they sent to us.

Thanks bro for the information.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU: 2009 Agreement Would Have Been Signed If Musa Ya'ardua Was Alive / Research Participants Needed / Governor Yahaya Bello On ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.