Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

Nigerian Robotics Engineer Designs Smart Bra To Detect Breast Cancer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Robotics Engineer Designs Smart Bra To Detect Breast Cancer (469 Views)

No Bra Day 2019 Trends On Twitter: See How Nigerians Are Marking It (photos) / No Bra Day: Nigerian Ladies Share Braless Pictures / Violet J: My Breasts Are Too Heavy, My Bra Size Not In Market, I Need Surgery" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Robotics Engineer Designs Smart Bra To Detect Breast Cancer by Dominiondom: 9:18am On Jul 29, 2022
Kemisola Bolarinwa, a robotics engineer, who developed the smart bra, stated: “My beloved mother died of breast cancer in 2017 at the University College Hospital in Ibadan, Nigeria because it was diagnosed late.
“In her ward, I saw women of different age groups, even teenagers, groaning under the pain of breast cancer. That was when I felt I needed to contribute my part to fight the disease.”
The bra is lined with small, battery-operated ultrasound sensors and syncs up with a mobile or web app.
She said, “In 2021, I was able to do a test-run on a prototype of the smart bra. The bra has small sensors coupled with its nanotechnology that doesn’t cause harm to the body tissues.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Robotics Engineer Designs Smart Bra To Detect Breast Cancer by Totilopussylick(m): 9:20am On Jul 29, 2022
tongue
Re: Nigerian Robotics Engineer Designs Smart Bra To Detect Breast Cancer by Seyigoya: 9:24am On Jul 29, 2022
This is interesting
Re: Nigerian Robotics Engineer Designs Smart Bra To Detect Breast Cancer by Dominiondom: 9:28am On Jul 29, 2022
“This bra doesn’t replace normal bra or is worn throughout the day. This particular bra is worn during the breast cancer check which doesn’t last more than five minutes.”
Some oncologists have lauded the innovations, saying it would help in the fight against cancer since early detection is one of the quickest ways to combat the disease.
Another oncologist, Dr Bukola Oshikanlu, described the innovation as a good development especially because it has the ability to help in the early detection of cancer which is fundamental to the cure of the disease.
She said, “Yes it will, but for women who detect abnormal signals from their breasts, they should then go for additional tests to confirm if truly they have breast cancer. An additional clinical test is needed to confirm that it is breast cancer and once the diagnosis is confirmed, they should commence treatment immediately.”
SOURCE: http://advanxis.com/blog-news/tech
for similar stories visit:http://advanxis.com/blog-news/tech

Re: Nigerian Robotics Engineer Designs Smart Bra To Detect Breast Cancer by squadronldr007: 10:10am On Jul 29, 2022
A good one
Re: Nigerian Robotics Engineer Designs Smart Bra To Detect Breast Cancer by Solanaprincess: 10:25am On Jul 29, 2022
commendable
Re: Nigerian Robotics Engineer Designs Smart Bra To Detect Breast Cancer by godofuck231: 11:18am On Jul 29, 2022
Na wa woman , next na pant to detect better yam

Re: Nigerian Robotics Engineer Designs Smart Bra To Detect Breast Cancer by chiefzebulu(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2022
this would go a long way in womens health sector
Re: Nigerian Robotics Engineer Designs Smart Bra To Detect Breast Cancer by SultanElhadi(m): 4:05pm On Jul 29, 2022
omo
Re: Nigerian Robotics Engineer Designs Smart Bra To Detect Breast Cancer by Kryptomight(m): 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2022
thumbs up to her.
Re: Nigerian Robotics Engineer Designs Smart Bra To Detect Breast Cancer by Amakablue(f): 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2022
KUDOS
Re: Nigerian Robotics Engineer Designs Smart Bra To Detect Breast Cancer by Weridoooo(f): 10:56am On Aug 03, 2022
nigerian government should endorse this before Americans take up this invention and take it up

(1) (Reply)

Dental Health / Geanco Foundation Collabs Life Hospital, Train 28 Doctors, Do Free Surgeries / What Causes Left Side Chest Pain And How To Treat It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.