Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,716 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Rice With A Peculiar Smell In Abeokuta, Poisonous? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rice With A Peculiar Smell In Abeokuta, Poisonous? (1007 Views)

Two Men Arrested For Buying Bag Of Rice With Fake Bank Alert In Kano (Photo) / Delta: Dead Child Tied On A Girl's Back For "Feeding Him With Poisonous Leaf" / Syndicate Behind Poisonous Ponmo In Lagos Busted In 10-hour Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rice With A Peculiar Smell In Abeokuta, Poisonous? by Ochemicals: 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
There's a certain rice in Abeokuta. Virtually all the rice now in Abeokuta has a particular camphor-like smell. Something like a perfume..... Smells like an inorganic compound that may be poisonous.

I virtually threw away a pot of rice because of the smell. No matter how you wash it, it doesn't go away.
I ate in a restaurant at idi ABA.... Same smell

I bought rice at kuto.... Same smell
Two of my friends living at panseke complained about same issue.

If you have same experience, let's know please.

Mods please can you send to frontpage let's get more response?

Moderators: OAM4J, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Rice With A Peculiar Smell In Abeokuta, Poisonous? by dawnomike(m): 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2022
That is a special perfumed rice... Avoid it if you can

1 Like

Re: Rice With A Peculiar Smell In Abeokuta, Poisonous? by ghettochild(m): 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2022
I think that batch of rice must have been contaminated with pesticides to prevent rice weevil.
How i wish the appropriate authority will go round to checkmate those selling these rice

1 Like

Re: Rice With A Peculiar Smell In Abeokuta, Poisonous? by ghettochild(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2022
If it smells like camphor, Rice has a tendency to absorb moisture...
Well camphor is a compound that readitly disintegrate in air...

1 Like

Re: Rice With A Peculiar Smell In Abeokuta, Poisonous? by Ochemicals: 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2022

1 Like

Re: Rice With A Peculiar Smell In Abeokuta, Poisonous? by faithfull18(f): 9:40pm On Dec 03, 2022
Hmmn

1 Like

Re: Rice With A Peculiar Smell In Abeokuta, Poisonous? by GeneralPula: 1:46pm On Dec 04, 2022
Mtchew

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch / The Unbelievable Story Of 'the Barefoot Bandit' Who Stole 5 Planes At Age 19 / He Lied Using My Name To Protect His Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.