Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket (1473 Views)

Rivers Visit: You Lack Moral Right To Speak Against Corruption, PDP Hits Tinubu / Your Call For Reconciliation Smacks Of Hypocrisy, Atiku Hits Tinubu / Tinubu Visits Pastor Adeboye Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Newton2024: 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2022
Former Speaker of Nigeria's House of Representative, Yakubu Dogara
Former speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has again condemned the decision of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Ahmed Bola Tinubu, to settle for a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

Dogara who expressed his dissatisfaction with the move at the APC Northern Christian Leaders Summit on Friday said it is hogwash to assert that no Christian is competent to be Tinubu’s running mate.

The former speaker maintained that the ticket would create disunity in the party and the country at large.

While describing Tinubu’s decision as “fatal error of judgment,” Dogara said “I do not want to speak to the argument that there is no Christian competent enough to be vice-president because as we all know, that is hogwash.

“As long as God remains the God of justice, may we continue to resist injustice to our sinews, no matter who is for or against it because it is the requirement of the just God.

“Let us go out from this summit with the resolve to seek out our Muslim brothers and sisters who believe in unifying our people in order to usher in the much need peace and advancement for Nigeria to unleash her true potentials.

“I am sure we will jointly agree on a platform that would advance our collective search for unity, peace and development. Believe me, the only alternative is the road to Yugoslavia.

“God forbid! If we want to see Nigeria exalted, we must insist she does the right things,” he added.

The APC Northern Christian Leaders Summit was attended by Elisha Abbo, Adamawa North senator as well as Solomon Dalung, a former minister of youths and sports.

THE WHISTLER had earlier reported how the former speaker backed the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) on its rejection of his party’s Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket.

Speaking at CAN’s 12th General Assembly and Leadership Transition Ceremony on Wednesday in Abuja, Dogara held that political permutations which do not reflect religious balance are a threat to the country’s unity.

“I want to say emphatically that CAN’s position on Muslim/Muslim ticket in this country, at this moment of national peril, is not CAN’s only position, I believe that is God’s position,” he said.

Tinubu had said that he settled for Kashim Shettima as his running mate because he is the man to “bring the best governance to all Nigerians”, citing the former Borno governor’s competence as his reason for picking him

https://thewhistler.ng/you-made-fatal-error-dogara-hits-tinubu-again-over-muslim-muslim-ticket/amp/

1 Like

Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by GoooodHardDick: 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2022
Abeg Rush now and get your PVC and let's vote massively for peter Obi come 2023!

Peter Obi for president inshallah!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Two02: 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2022
One thing about me is I love when someone is very plain and straight forward. If you want Muslim- Muslim ticket fine,but don't hide it under the "umbrella of competence". It's funny tho when you say Muslim-Muslim ticket don't matter but you care about zoning, tribe and ethnicity shouldn't matter. It looks as if we don't have competent northern christians.

Honestly religion and ethnicity shouldn't matter, but don't play double standard. If you want to chose a Muslim-Muslim ticket, don't make it about competency, cos there a people of other faiths who are very competent. I think Nigeria is not matured enough for a Muslim-Muslim Ticket.

To those of you saying "people who are complaining about tinubu Muslim-Muslim ticket won't vote for him in the first place", should note that if Tinubu wins he's going to be the president of all Nigerians not just his supporters alone.

Democracy is for everyone and not the Majority alone.
Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by SmartPolician: 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2022
Admittedly, Tinubu should have picked a Christian running mate to balance the equation.

However, I think that Dogara is personally pained because most of us thought Tinubu would pick him.

3 Likes

Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2022
People should not bother wasting their votes on APC.

3 Likes

Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by fernandoc(m): 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2022
Man like Dogara. Very sound and well educated.

2 Likes

Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by SmellyNyash: 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2022
Tilinbu is an idiot na. Na today u know?

1 Like

Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Alsenora: 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2022
The real error is apc fielding a southern muslim.
Newton2024:
Former Speaker of Nigeria's House of Representative, Yakubu Dogara
Former speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has again condemned the decision of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Ahmed Bola Tinubu, to settle for a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

Dogara who expressed his dissatisfaction with the move at the APC Northern Christian Leaders Summit on Friday said it is hogwash to assert that no Christian is competent to be Tinubu’s running mate.

The former speaker maintained that the ticket would create disunity in the party and the country at large.

While describing Tinubu’s decision as “fatal error of judgment,” Dogara said “I do not want to speak to the argument that there is no Christian competent enough to be vice-president because as we all know, that is hogwash.

“As long as God remains the God of justice, may we continue to resist injustice to our sinews, no matter who is for or against it because it is the requirement of the just God.

“Let us go out from this summit with the resolve to seek out our Muslim brothers and sisters who believe in unifying our people in order to usher in the much need peace and advancement for Nigeria to unleash her true potentials.

“I am sure we will jointly agree on a platform that would advance our collective search for unity, peace and development. Believe me, the only alternative is the road to Yugoslavia.

“God forbid! If we want to see Nigeria exalted, we must insist she does the right things,” he added.

The APC Northern Christian Leaders Summit was attended by Elisha Abbo, Adamawa North senator as well as Solomon Dalung, a former minister of youths and sports.

THE WHISTLER had earlier reported how the former speaker backed the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) on its rejection of his party’s Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket.

Speaking at CAN’s 12th General Assembly and Leadership Transition Ceremony on Wednesday in Abuja, Dogara held that political permutations which do not reflect religious balance are a threat to the country’s unity.

“I want to say emphatically that CAN’s position on Muslim/Muslim ticket in this country, at this moment of national peril, is not CAN’s only position, I believe that is God’s position,” he said.

Tinubu had said that he settled for Kashim Shettima as his running mate because he is the man to “bring the best governance to all Nigerians”, citing the former Borno governor’s competence as his reason for picking him

https://thewhistler.ng/you-made-fatal-error-dogara-hits-tinubu-again-over-muslim-muslim-ticket/amp/
Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Newton2024: 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2022
Alsenora:
The real error is apc fielding a southern muslim.
Tinubu should have surpported his political godson, Osinbajo. But his desperation for power won't allow him to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Oxb90: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2022
I am beginning to like this man

1 Like

Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by ChangedMan1999(m): 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2022
Will this be taken to front-page

1 Like

Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Softmirror: 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2022
I FEEL DOGARA'S PAIN. PERSON DON DEY DREAM TO BE VP. IF TINUBU HAD CHOSEN DOGARA A NORTHERN CHRISTIAN, WILL THE LIKES OF ALSUDAN, TOKS2008, MALORY, MADAMVENSSA, ISHILOVE, PENGUIN2,KPONKEDENGE, VASEL1, CANTONESE, TOTILOPUSSYLICK HAVE SUPPORTED TINUBU? grin
OF COURSE THE ANSWER IS A CAPITAL NO!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by kponkedenge(m): 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2022
Softmirror:
I FEEL DOGARA'S PAIN. PERSON DON DEY DREAM TO BE VP. IF TINUBU HAD CHOSEN DOGARA A NORTHERN CHRISTIAN, WILL THE LIKES OF ALSUDAN, TOKS2008, MALORY, MADAMVENSSA, ISHILOVE, PENGUIN2,KPONKEDENGE, VASEL1, CANTONESE, TOTILOPUSSYLICK HAVE SUPPORTED TINUBU? grin

If Tinubu was an Igbo man with all this baggage of corruption hanging over his head..... Will you be supporting him as you're doing now?

The answer is a capital NO.

We all know the reason you're supporting Tinubu is because he's Yoruba, nothing else.

3 Likes

Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Newton2024: 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2022
kponkedenge:

If Tinubu was an Igbo man with all this baggage of corruption hanging over his head..... Will you be supporting him as you're doing now?

We all know the reason you're supporting Tinubu is because he's Yoruba Yoruba muslims, nothing else.
Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by ovieigho(m): 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2022
SmartPolician:
Admittedly, Tinubu should have picked a Christian running mate to balance the equation.

However, I think that Dogara is personally pained because most of us thought Tinubu would pick him.

If Tinubu picked another Christian aside dogara, what do you think dogara rant will be ? If he has any?

Someone is speaking the truth , u said he is pained !

1 Like

Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by sotall(m): 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2022
cool
Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by PenSniper: 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
GoooodHardDick:
Abeg Rush now and get your PVC and let's vote massively for peter Obi come 2023!

Peter Obi for president inshallah!!!

No OBItuary either
Naija is gone.
Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2022
So this one wanted to inherit a VP post because he occasionally enters church?
Do you even believe in God?
Does any politician in Nigeria believe in God?
Ungodly men using religion to get position. undecided
With that said, what did you contribute to his campaign in the primaries?
Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by jimyjames(m): 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2022
Spirit04:
So this one wanted to inherit a VP post because he occasionally enters church?
Do you even believe in God?
Does any politician in Nigeria believe in God?
Ungodly men using religion to get position. undecided
With that said, what did you contribute to his campaign in the primaries?
Whether you like it or not Nigeria is equally divided between Christian and Muslims ,and having a Muslim president with a Muslim VP will not be accepted , this is something you can't argue or wish away.

1 Like

Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2022
jimyjames:

Whether you like it or not Nigeria is equally divided between Christian and Muslims ,and having a Muslim president with a Muslim VP will not be accepted , this is something you can't argue or wish away.
what of the millions of traditional worshipers?
Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by jimyjames(m): 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2022
Spirit04:
Even the millions of traditional worshippers have ties to either Islam or Christianity by birth, I know people who don't go to church but will identify themselves as Christians , people like Chinua Achebe were born Christians but he was more of a traditional man
Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by AntiTerrorist: 9:19pm On Jul 29, 2022
jimyjames:

Even the millions of traditional worshippers have ties to either Islam or Christianity by birth, I know people who don't go to church but will identify themselves as Christians , people like Chinua Achebe were born Christians but he was more of a traditional man
Same as Wole Soyinka.
Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by AntiTerrorist: 9:21pm On Jul 29, 2022
Spirit04:
If religion does not matter, can you, Tinubu Hell Rufai and Shetima surpport christian-christian ticket?
Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Indispensable85(m): 10:22pm On Jul 29, 2022
Softmirror:

Don't mind those clowns jooor. Tinubu has made the best political decision in the prevailing circumstance. How much votes can Dogara bring from the north? Mtcheeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘You Made Fatal Error’ – Dogara Hits Tinubu Again Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Softmirror: 8:32am On Jul 30, 2022
kponkedenge:

We all know the reason you're supporting Tinubu is because he's Yoruba, nothing else.

I WOULD HAVE SUPPORTED PETER OBI BUT HIS UNIVERSITY RESULTS SHOWS A THIRD CLASS LOL WHY WILL I LEAVE A GENIUS TINUBU WITH DISTINCTION HONOURS FOR A DULLARD PETER OBI?. YOU SEF REASON NAH grin

(1) (Reply)

Adamawa State APC Chairman Alhaji Ibrahim Bilal Resigns, Defects To PDP / Over 12hours After Tinubu Reportedly Departs England, Yet To Land Nigeria / Peter Obi spotted flying Economy Back Into Nigeria from the USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.