Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Make A Vow And Fulfill Them - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Make A Vow And Fulfill Them (257 Views)

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Spirit Meat: Discover And Fulfill The Will Of God In Your Generation Lk7: 24-28 / How To Discover And Fulfill Your Calling-pastor Sunday Adelaja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Make A Vow And Fulfill Them by azammi(m): 5:00am On Jul 30, 2022
I will fulfill my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people.” (Psalm 116:14)
God heard the prayer of Hannah who had no children. He knew her broken and contrite heart. He also took note of her vow. Accordingly, He blessed her with a child as she had prayed and vowed. When she received the blessing from the hands of the Lord, she made it a point to give the child for the service of God as she had vowed (1 Samuel 1:28). The blessed child, who was given by God to Hannah and offered back to God for His service is none other than the “Great Prophet Samuel”. Dear Friend, see how God gave a wonderful child to Hannah because of her vow. God not only gave this child but also blessed her with many children (1 Samuel 2:21). Like Hannah, when you pay your vows to the Lord in the presence of all His people, God will surely hear your petition and bless you (Psalm 116:18,19).

A widow had two children. With great difficulty, she brought them up and educated them. But, in spite of all her poverty and suffering, she was always very careful in keeping a part of her hard earned money for tithing to the Lord. Unexpectedly, her son was offered a job in the office where his father worked earlier. Now, the family income rose higher. But, this mother was very careful in giving one tenth of their income to God. She prayed, “Lord! You take care of the future of my two children. Help them to excel in their future life. You must lead them in the correct path. Today I vow to give You a certain amount as offering for Your work.” This amount was very big when you look at her income and her family background. But, she did not worry about it at all. What a wonder! Her daughter also completed her studies and God gave her a good job in an unexpected way. Now both her children started earning money. This mother also fulfilled her vow by giving that offering.
My dear brothers and sisters, today, be vigilant concerning your life. Today, make a vow to give a part of your income for God’s work and ministry. God will surely help you to fulfil your vow. Through it, He will bless you more than you expect (Genesis 28:22; 32:10-12). Taking a vow is up to your choice but if you are in a desperate need like Hannah it is good to make a vow to receive an answer and fulfill it for God's glory. At the same time be wise not to make a vow rashly which you cannot fulfill. It is a trap to dedicate something rashly and only later to consider one's vows (Proverbs 20:25). It is better not to make a vow than to make one and not fulfill it (Ecclesiastes 5:5). So when you make a vow, do what would glorify God's name and would help in spreading His good news. Like Hannah your sacrifice has to be something that will be useful to people. Make only such vows and that too if God leads you to. If you are ready to fulfill your vow God will also readily fulfill what you ask Him for.
Prayer:
Loving Saviour!

Give me the grace to fear You in my life. In all my work, help me not to lose heart and to make a vow like Hannah. Father! Help me to fulfill my vow also. From today onwards, help me to lead a life in You and also to offer a part of my income to You so that I may receive all the blessings. Graciuosly enable me to fulfill my vow at all cost and let it bring glory to Your name.

In Jesus’ precious name I pray,

AMEN

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Phases Of Marital Journey __ Apostle Michael Orokpo / Bankussdcode / Life Is Vanity Lecture By Sheikh Doctor Sharaf Gbadebo Raji, Quran Hadith Sunnah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.