Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos (2130 Views)

The Misconception About Votes From Northern Nigeria / 5 Misconception About The Petroleum Industry Act, 2021 / Some Historical Facts About Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:00am On Jul 30, 2022
There is this misconception of calling Akwa Ibom people Calabar people , unfortunately that same misconception is the reason some gullibles feel Akwa Ibom has only Mobil as its white collar job provider and I wonder can only Mobil produce 600k barrels of oil a day ?
The question is who are those other oil companies operating in the state that jointly produced 300k of oil a day to make Akwa ibom state highest producer of oil and gas in Nigeria ..
Guys indeed they are thing a lot of Nigerian don’t know about Akwa ibom state and it’s a pity because most of them don’t do research, they only talk out of emotions. I’m here to correct all those misconceptions about Akwa Ibom state ..

General Facts to know about Akwa Ibom State ::
- Akwa Ibomite are not Calabar people because calabar is a name of a city not ethnic group rather Akwa ibom is a state that comprises of Ibibio, Annang, Oro people , Ekid , Ibonos and Obolo people …

- Akwa Ibom state population for 2022 as projected is 7.4milllion people and it’s evenly distributed across the state ..
- Ibeno is the richest of all LGA in Akwa Ibom because it as the higher GDP ..
- Eket is the most Developed city in Akwa ibom state
- Eket has no oil company and doesn’t share boundaries with the ocean (meaning it has no beach)
- Akwa Ibom white sand bar beach is in Ibeno and Eastern Obolo towns.
- Eket houses more than 200 services companies even more than Uyo..
- Onna LGA currently have the best road network in Akwa Ibom state
- Ikot ekpene is the most beautiful city in Akwa Ibom state with its serene environment and beauty..
- Eket has more hotels than uyo ..
Ibeno has more oil companies than any other oil bearing towns in Akwa ibom state .
- Ikot Abasi houses more historical tourist site than any other city in Nigeria ..
Those are few facts about Akwa ibom prople don’t know ..

: List of oil companies operating in Akwa Ibom state and it’s location or town:
1. Exxonmobil : location- Ibeno, workforce- 6k ( 3k employees, 1k contracts staffs, 5h contractors, 5h projects staff, 3h third parties and 1.7k services Staffs) Akwa ibomite are 60% of this workforce ..

2. Total E&F: Location- (offshores Ibeno ) work force 800 workers. Akwa ibomite account for 60% of workforce ..

3. Oando oil and gas : Location-[i][/i]Ibeno[b][/b], Workforce : 1.5k (80% of it work force are Akwa Ibomite)

4. Network production and exploration limited: location-[/b]Ibeno[b], Workforce: 600h , Akwa Ibomite account for 80% of its work force
5. Septa gas energy : Location - Ibeno and Esit Eket , workforce : 500h , Akwa Ibomite account to 85% of its workforce

6. Universal Energy: Location- Ibeno and Mbo LGAs, Workforce : 700h , Akwa Ibom account to 90% of workforce

7. Addax pectroleum : location - offshores Ibeno, Mbo, oron LGAs, workforce 2k Personnels , 60% Akwa ibomite

8. Savannah Energy : location- Esit Eket and Ibeno, workforce : 500h , Akwaibomite account for 80% of workforce.

9. Sterling oil exploration and petrochemical : location- Eastern obolo, Onna, Mkpat Enin and Ibeno
Workforce : 3k, 90% Akwa Ibomite ..

10. Black Rhino exploration: location- Ibeno , 1k staffs , 65% Akwa ibomite

11. Mono polu production limited: Uruan LGA, workforce 300h , 80% Akwa Ibomite

12. Chevron Field (operated offshore by Agbami limited) location: Ibeno, Akwa Ibom account for 70% of it’s workforce

13. Agip production and exploration: Location- offshores Oron , Akwa Ibomite account for 60% of it workforce..

Note: they are more than 13 oil companies operating in Akwa Ibom and over 500 services companies too.
So guys have listed them out and their location let stop insulting Akwa ibom about only having Mobil in reality after Lagos, Rivers and Ogun no state is as industrialize as Akwa ibom , the only difference is that we don’t concentrate our industries around the capital Uyo. This industries are evenly spread across the state , leaving uyo quiet and serene ..
2. The listed above companies are only the ones in oil and gas business, we have other companies other than oil and gas operating in the state ..

cc : Hunchou
Mynd44 front page

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by anthonyuncle(m): 9:05am On Jul 30, 2022
wow!

the statistics of the workforce shows how tribalistic the people are
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:17am On Jul 30, 2022
anthonyuncle:
wow!

so next time don’t insult the people by saying there are no Jobs or companies in Akwa ibom state
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by SocialJustice: 9:30am On Jul 30, 2022
Very informative.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:33am On Jul 30, 2022
SocialJustice:
Very informative.
I really needed to do justice to this .. people keep insulting Akwa ibom state but forgot to ask why us her GDP higher than rivers state and IGR currently 7th in position

3 Likes

Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:42am On Jul 30, 2022
Lalasticlala front page
Let clear this misconception

Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:44am On Jul 30, 2022
Septa and seven energy

Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:47am On Jul 30, 2022

Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:52am On Jul 30, 2022
Oando oil n gas

Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:53am On Jul 30, 2022
Savannah Energy

Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by genkins(m): 10:32am On Jul 30, 2022
@ilaumoh has to earn August allowance.. Lol.. Jobless yooth
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 10:39am On Jul 30, 2022
genkins:
@ilaumoh has to earn August allowance.. Lol.. Jobless yooth
atleast the message is passed
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by dettolgel: 11:23am On Jul 30, 2022
What are the languages spoken by these tribes and are they similar to some tribes in Cross River State?
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by 9182736455O1999(m): 11:48am On Jul 30, 2022
anthonyuncle:
wow!
Don't start what you cannot finish.
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ulunne777(f): 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2022
Nobody has any misconception about your state.Majority of Akwa Cross ppl you meet will tell you they are from Calabar,even on their fb profiles,the same.you will only discover when you relate with them on a personal note the that they are originally Akwa Ibom.
Secondly,be proud of your names.Stop these nonsense 2 English names;Patience Joseph,Peter Joseph,Saviour David.etc.How can you say you are proud of your origin yet your name can't tell the story?

I'm saying this from experience and not hearsay.

2 Likes

Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Prudoh(m): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
God bless AKS
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 3:00pm On Jul 30, 2022
dettolgel:
What are the languages spoken by these tribes and are they similar to some tribes in Cross River State?
Efik is spoken by south crossriverian and the share little similarities with Ibono, ibibio and oron dialects
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2022
Ulunne777:
Nobody has any misconception about your state.Majority of Akwa Cross ppl you meet will tell you they are from Calabar,even on their fb profiles,the same.you will only discover when you relate with them on a personal note the that they are originally Akwa Ibom.
Secondly,be proud of your names.Stop these nonsense 2 English names;Patience Joseph,Peter Joseph,Saviour David.etc.How can you say you are proud of your origin yet your name can't tell the story?

I'm saying this from experience and not hearsay.
Oga the rubbish you are seeing is personal not generic .. me for one @ilaumoh is my native name ok. So serve your lamentation until you meet the people with such senselessness

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by realstars: 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2022
We want more. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 7:38pm On Jul 30, 2022
realstars:
We want more. Thanks.
exactly
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by gassbee: 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2022
Is Eket really more developed than Uyo
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 10:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
gassbee:
Is Eket really more developed than Uyo
yeah
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by wiseoneking: 5:39am On Jul 31, 2022
Ilaumoh:
There is this misconception of calling Akwa Ibom people Calabar people , unfortunately that same misconception is the reason some gullibles feel Akwa Ibom has only Mobil as its white collar job provider and I wonder can only Mobil produce 600k barrels of oil a day ?
The question is who are those other oil companies operating in the state that jointly produced 300k of oil a day to make Akwa ibom state highest producer of oil and gas in Nigeria ..
Guys indeed they are thing a lot of Nigerian don’t know about Akwa ibom state and it’s a pity because most of them don’t do research, they only talk out of emotions. I’m here to correct all those misconceptions about Akwa Ibom state ..

General Facts to know about Akwa Ibom State ::
- Akwa Ibomite are not Calabar people because calabar is a name of a city not ethnic group rather Akwa ibom is a state that comprises of Ibibio, Annang, Oro people , Ekid , Ibonos and Obolo people …

- Akwa Ibom state population for 2022 as projected is 7.4milllion people and it’s evenly distributed across the state ..
- Ibeno is the richest of all LGA in Akwa Ibom because it as the higher GDP ..
- Eket is the most Developed city in Akwa ibom state
- Eket has no oil company and doesn’t share boundaries with the ocean (meaning it has no beach)
- Akwa Ibom white sand bar beach is in Ibeno and Eastern Obolo towns.
- Eket houses more than 200 services companies even more than Uyo..
- Onna LGA currently have the best road network in Akwa Ibom state
- Ikot ekpene is the most beautiful city in Akwa Ibom state with its serene environment and beauty..
- Eket has more hotels than uyo ..
Ibeno has more oil companies than any other oil bearing towns in Akwa ibom state .
- Ikot Abasi houses more historical tourist site than any other city in Nigeria ..
Those are few facts about Akwa ibom prople don’t know ..

: List of oil companies operating in Akwa Ibom state and it’s location or town:
1. Exxonmobil : location- Ibeno, workforce- 6k ( 3k employees, 1k contracts staffs, 5h contractors, 5h projects staff, 3h third parties and 1.7k services Staffs) Akwa ibomite are 60% of this workforce ..

2. Total E&F: Location- (offshores Ibeno ) work force 800 workers. Akwa ibomite account for 60% of workforce ..

3. Oando oil and gas : Location-[i][/i]Ibeno[b][/b], Workforce : 1.5k (80% of it work force are Akwa Ibomite)

4. Network production and exploration limited: location-[/b]Ibeno[b], Workforce: 600h , Akwa Ibomite account for 80% of its work force
5. Septa gas energy : Location - Ibeno and Esit Eket , workforce : 500h , Akwa Ibomite account to 85% of its workforce

6. Universal Energy: Location- Ibeno and Mbo LGAs, Workforce : 700h , Akwa Ibom account to 90% of workforce

7. Addax pectroleum : location - offshores Ibeno, Mbo, oron LGAs, workforce 2k Personnels , 60% Akwa ibomite

8. Savannah Energy : location- Esit Eket and Ibeno, workforce : 500h , Akwaibomite account for 80% of workforce.

9. Sterling oil exploration and petrochemical : location- Eastern obolo, Onna, Mkpat Enin and Ibeno
Workforce : 3k, 90% Akwa Ibomite ..

10. Black Rhino exploration: location- Ibeno , 1k staffs , 65% Akwa ibomite

11. Mono polu production limited: Uruan LGA, workforce 300h , 80% Akwa Ibomite

12. Chevron Field (operated offshore by Agbami limited) location: Ibeno, Akwa Ibom account for 70% of it’s workforce

13. Agip production and exploration: Location- offshores Oron , Akwa Ibomite account for 60% of it workforce..

Note: they are more than 13 oil companies operating in Akwa Ibom and over 500 services companies too.
So guys have listed them out and their location let stop insulting Akwa ibom about only having Mobil in reality after Lagos, Rivers and Ogun no state is as industrialize as Akwa ibom , the only difference is that we don’t concentrate our industries around the capital Uyo. This industries are evenly spread across the state , leaving uyo quiet and serene ..
2. The listed above companies are only the ones in oil and gas business, we have other companies other than oil and gas operating in the state ..

cc : Hunchou
Mynd44 front page
I like Akwaibom but upon all this coy and wealth of the state that made them the third richest(mainly because of large oil well) state after Lagos, Rivers, they are not living upto expectations.
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:26am On Jul 31, 2022
How many these over 500 industries are owned by indigenes..?

And why are Akwa Ibomites littered everywhere esp Rivers state doing menial jobs and doing house girls and gate men..
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:20am On Jul 31, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:
How many these over 500 industries are owned by indigenes..?

And why are Akwa Ibomites littered everywhere esp Rivers state doing menial jobs and doing house girls and gate men..
Is your father that is littered everywhere doing drugs and your mother an sisters doing ollosho work fool
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:20am On Jul 31, 2022
wiseoneking:
I like Akwaibom but upon all this coy and wealth of the state that made them the third richest(mainly because of large oil well) state after Lagos, Rivers, they are not living upto expectations.
When you say richest is it IGR or GDP?
A state that is merely 33years , you are comparing to rivers that is 60years and Lagos that is 100years .

@ Mynd44 front page
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by ImmaculateJOE(m): 3:37pm On Jul 31, 2022
Ilaumoh:
Is your father that is littered everywhere doing drugs and your mother an sisters doing ollosho work fool

Mynd44. Rule 2
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by wiseoneking: 2:06pm On Aug 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:

When you say richest is it IGR or GDP?
A state that is merely 33years , you are comparing to rivers that is 60years and Lagos that is 100years .

@ Mynd44 front page
You are actually right in a way but I want Akwaibom to ride up beyond what they are. I'm from the east but Akwaibom and their people are the greatest people I love in the SS. I nearly married an Akwaibom lady who is medical doctor in the US. All thesame, they are doing well.
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 3:55pm On Aug 01, 2022
wiseoneking:
You are actually right in a way but I want Akwaibom to ride up beyond what they are. I'm from the east but Akwaibom and their people are the greatest people I love in the SS. I nearly married an Akwaibom lady who is medical doctor in the US. All thesame, they are doing well.
Udom just completed the installation of water fountain roundabout around 10lanes in uyi

Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by checkmatez: 7:36am On Aug 04, 2022
Ilaumoh:
Udom just completed the installation of water fountain roundabout around 10lanes in uyi
internal roads in akwaibom are turning to an eyesore, stop showing only major roads and roundabout.
The state performance is a bit high but your propaganda is higher shocked
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by Edybless1011: 12:56am On Sep 23, 2022
Please lets take it to front page
Re: Clearing The Misconception About Akwa Ibom State .. Photos by powerhouse3(m): 1:07am On Sep 23, 2022
Oron didn't feature in your write up..

Are you saying they don't have oil?

(1) (Reply)

Obidents Trooping Out In Benue / Enugu Tribunal:nysc Tenders Documents Against Governor Mbah / Dariye Returns To Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.