Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,178 members, 7,849,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:39 AM

Pensioners Protest In Delta State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pensioners Protest In Delta State (260 Views)

Okowa Is An Ashawo Man - Delta State Pensioners Protest Non-Payment Of Pensions / Benue Pensioners Protest Against Arrears, 'We Have Lost Our Wives To Okada Men' / Imo State Pensioners Protest On The Streets Over Non-Payment Of Pension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pensioners Protest In Delta State by Superwave16320: 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
For personal reasons I have recused myself from writing about the Delta State Government, especially in the last seven years.

I do not want to be misunderstood, especially now that the governor is a vice presidential candidate in the next election. But something has snapped in my head and I need to put that self-imposed rule aside temporarily.

My father died in 1988 without getting his entitlements. It had nothing to do with government though. A few individuals just wanted to play God. Like my father, most of them have gone the way of all mortals.

The delay in the payment of his entitlements could have had enormous consequences if my eldest brother did not have the foresight to save part of his stipend for the rainy day. My two brothers and I would have dropped out of the university until my father’s entitlements were paid in 1990 or thereabout.

That is partly why I am very angry with the current predicament of pensioners in Delta State. It is not peculiar to Delta State. Pensioners are being owed all over the country and it did not start today. But Deltans are my people, some of them might be relatives or family friends. Some are sick, while others cannot pay their children’s fees, rents and meet other commitments anymore. Some, like my father, will get their gratuity posthumously.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/pensioners-protest-in-delta-state/

Re: Pensioners Protest In Delta State by Superwave16320: 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
I pity foolish Nigerians I swear. This fool that can not pay pension that Lagos pay with extra is what PDP n igbos are bringing to eradicate poverty in Nigeria..lol.

1 Like

Re: Pensioners Protest In Delta State by Smithkafors(m): 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2022
Peter obi is the only solution.
Youths, students, travelers, business Men and women.....open una eyes. Peter obi presidency will benefit you more as there will be a paradigm shift from the norm.
As governor, all pensions were paid when due.
He is miles ahead of all the aspirants!.
Re: Pensioners Protest In Delta State by GoooodHardDick: 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
This is exactly Why Nigeria needs peter Obi

Nigerians wake up! We may never see a candidate like Obi again. This is the best Chance we have now to remove these ancestors and get Nigeria working again!!!

Together we can get it right this time around. Let's not miss this opportunity. Let's Vote massively for Vote labour party, vote for peter Obi
Re: Pensioners Protest In Delta State by princepeter566: 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
Failure begat failure

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Govt Looks Dazed, Clueless, Incapable Of Fixing Economy, Says POM / State Governors Are Dreaming Pay Off Over 50 Public Servants; Stop The Security / Atiku Promises To End Banditry If Voted As The Next President Of Nigeria (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.