Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,295 members, 7,815,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Margin Vs Padding In Bootstrap - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Margin Vs Padding In Bootstrap (449 Views)

How To Apply Border, Margin And Padding Properties In CSS / Someone Good With Bootstrap And Html And Css Needed For Urgent Project / How Can I Replicate This In Bootstrap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Margin Vs Padding In Bootstrap by EfevwiaEfemena(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2022
Margin in Bootstrap is represented with the letter “m”, the margin-bottom is represented as “mb”, the margin-top is represented as “mt”, the margin-left is represented as “ml” and the margin-right is represented as “mr”. So to set a margin-top for an html element will be. FOR EXAMPLE:
<h1> class=”mt-5”>Webbikon Technologies is Best Web Design Company Abraka. </h1>

Padding in Bootstrap are represented with the letter “p”, the padding-top is represented as “pt”, the padding-left is represented as “pl”, the padding-bottom is represented as “pb” and the padding-right is represented as “pr”. So to set a padding-bottom on a container element (div) will be. FOR EXAMPLE:
<div class="pb-5">Webbikon Technologies is the Best Web Design Company in Abraka</div>

NOTE: The only way to actually be a software engineer is practice , you can seek information on Google, stackoverflow or even watch Youtube videos or buy Udemy courses or W3school courses , but if you don’t practice, there is no difference between someone who started coding today and you who started some weeks back or more.

Re: Margin Vs Padding In Bootstrap by rottable(m): 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2022
Bootstrap can be so confusing ehn

There can be like 10 nav on a single line of code. nav navbar navbrand

3 Likes

Re: Margin Vs Padding In Bootstrap by EfevwiaEfemena(m): 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2022
You are right but once you understand it's concept, it becomes easier, the problem is most of us are so just focus to code that we fail to understand the concept.. That's why i advise newbies to take their time to understand the concept. NOTE: understanding the concept is different from cramming it, by understanding I mean whenever you see a code related to that concept, you will always know it, even aside bootstrap. it could be python or any programming language. I hope this was helpful?
Re: Margin Vs Padding In Bootstrap by rottable(m): 8:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
EfevwiaEfemena:
You are right but once you understand it's concept, it becomes easier, the problem is most of us are so just focus to code that we fail to understand the concept.. That's why i advise newbies to take their time to understand the concept. NOTE: understanding the concept is different from cramming it, by understanding I mean whenever you see a code related to that concept, you will always know it, even aside bootstrap. it could be python or any programming language. I hope this was helpful?

Thanks for the explanation Boss
Re: Margin Vs Padding In Bootstrap by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2022
rottable:
Bootstrap can be so confusing ehn

There can be like 10 nav on a single line of code. nav navbar navbrand
Bootstrap is a mess fr.
If not for her components like Navbar and Carousels I wouldn’t touch it with a 10ft pole.
People say it’s improving sha, but maybe it’s because I use tailwind that’s why my standards are so high.

1 Like

Re: Margin Vs Padding In Bootstrap by silento(m): 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2022
W3.css
Is better alternative with more cleaner naming

(1) (Reply)

Professional Python Data Analyst and Backend Developers / React/node Developer Needed / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.