Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal (1135 Views)

Moment President Tinubu Named Gbajabiamila Chief Of Staff, Akume As SGF (Video) / Tinubu Announces Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff, Akume As SGF / Babachir Lawal: I Earned N930,000 Monthly As SGF, Now I Earn N500 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by trutharena: 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2022
SECRETARY to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Babachir David Lawal, yesterday, said the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and Chief Bisi Akande made it possible for him to emerge as a member of President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet.

Speaking at a thanksgiving service in his honour, the SGF said the two leaders of the APC played a prominent in his emergence, saying it is fundamentally important for Nigerians to know that goodness is not restricted to tribe, religion or political party.

“My wife has not met Bisi Akande, she has not met Asiwaju, she has not met Buhari, yet we have been with him. But, it is fundamentally important for Nigerians to know that goodness is not restricted to tribe, religion or political party”, he said.

“My opinion is that if you have no investment in human beings and you just invest in yourself, like most politicians present in this church do, you will end up as nothing. If you look at just your community for friendship, or you look at your religion or in the same church with you for friendship, I doubt if you will go any where.

“I am Secretary to the Government today, because those people that I mentioned were the very first to put the idea in the mind of the President. They were the ones that made it possible.

“Because if it has been left to northerners, it is doubtful if they will take a Christian man to make Secretary to the Government of the Federation”.

“But these friends know me, they know that I am not ambitious. I just want to eat today and tomorrow I will find my way. By the grace of God, I am today the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, something I did not look for, people say it is hard work and dedication. It is not true, it is just by the grace of God that the President will just pick you and say this is your position”.

“I never looked for it and I never expected it. I started getting hints to this job just about two to three days to it, and I thought it was a very big joke. Then I used to call it Timipre Silva project or Baba Akande project, when they mentioned that they heard story about it”.

“Last year, if I was told that I will have an occasion where one single governor will attend, I will not believe it, but here we are today, it is the grace of God that has put all of us where we are today. Governors should know that”.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/tinubu-akande-made-my-appointment-possible-lawal-sgf/

CC: Mynd44 Lalasticala

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by trutharena: 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2022
The same ingrate Babachir Lawal now remembered Asiwaju don’t like the Northern Christians.

In the history of our politics since 1999, a Northern Christian have not been appointed SGF before but Tinubu and his boys made it happen in the name of Babachir.

Back then Babachir claimed himself that without Tinubu, a Northern Christian wouldn’t have attained that position.

Now same man is up in arms. In this life, expect nothing from anyone no matter the help you render.

8 Likes

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by duduade: 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2022
Reason you are blind now and must serve him at all cost

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by trutharena: 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
Below is the statement of the Babachir Lawal in 2015.

In 2022, when Asiwaju had to make the move of his VP candidate due to the numbers and calculation, he went up in arms against his benefactor.

That is why in politics, loyalty is rare.

“I am Secretary to the Government today, because those people that I mentioned were the very first to put the idea in the mind of the President. They were the ones that made it possible.

“Because if it has been left to northerners, it is doubtful if they will take a Christian man to make Secretary to the Government of the Federation”.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by derecho(m): 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
So he should sacrifice his kinsmen to the Boko Haram representatives Because Tinubu helped him?

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by trutharena: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
derecho:
So he should sacrifice his kinsmen to the Boko Haram representatives Because Tinubu helped him?

Which Boko Haram representative?

Babachir Lawal might decamp to PDP as things are going.

Now the same Northern minorities have been shouting that Fulanis are massacring them. Ortom has been barking like dog that Fulanis are exterminating them.

Yet, they are mad at a southern Muslim coz of his choice of Vice and still trying to famz another Fulani in Atiku.

Nigeria is the more you look, the less you see.

5 Likes

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by ThatFairGuy1: 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by Coolsperm: 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2022
So he should turn to a slave abi, Tinubu must be rejected and put to shame by all means

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by trutharena: 5:48pm On Jul 30, 2022
Coolsperm:
So he should turn to a slave abi, Tinubu must be rejected and put to shame by all means

Turned to slave? How exactly will he turn to a slave?

Tinubu never turn his wife and kids that are Christian to slaves, shey na Northern christians he got come turn to slave?

Is Atiku not a Muslim and a Fulani man? So Ortom barking all these years about Fulanization suddenly forgot Atiku tribe?

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by yyba: 5:52pm On Jul 30, 2022
BABACHIR is a very ungrateful man , it is clear majority of this religion are not greatful and appreciating. He his showing there true colour

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by Massiveglory: 5:52pm On Jul 30, 2022
Tinubu made buhari president
Tinubu made bachir ssg
Tinubu made osinbanjo vp
Tinubu made aisha first lady
Tinubu made everybody what they are.

Yet it does not mean you delete your conscience and stand or support evil when you see one.
Any reasonable fellow knows that a muslim-muslim or christian-christian ticket will tear whatever is remaining of the country.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by Ovo200: 6:00pm On Jul 30, 2022
This why they call tinubu urchins idiots, don't you listen to tinubu In Ogun he said he never asked for anything from Buhari.
Let now assume he helped him does that mean he should support him when he is wrong. Everybody can't be a bloody fool like you that sell common sense for a loaf of bread.
Stop eating agbado and cassava it affecting your thinking faculty.
Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by JAMO84: 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2022
Op, I hope you are not expecting Mpurumirin addicts (Not all Igbo) to reason with you, as you make this post. Nothing good that has to do with Tinubu/Yoruba will ever impress them.

People whose ancestors hated Awolowo and Abiola, I don't expect them to like Tinubu for one second. I will not curse them now, until Tinubu become president and they start crying marginalization, that's when Amadioha will strike their Yam legs.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by Superwave16320: 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2022
How Tinubu wrong with the Muslim Muslim ticket? The last president of the usa had a Muslim Christian ticket the present one is on a Christian Christian ticket without Americans shouting like lunatics the way many igbos are doing now. What does that say about the foolishness of your tribesmen.

Ovo200:
This why they call tinubu urchins idiots, don't you listen to tinubu In Ogun he said he never asked for anything from Buhari.
Let now assume he helped him does that mean he should support him when he is wrong. Everybody can't be a bloody fool like you that sell common sense for a loaf of bread.
Stop eating agbado and cassava it affecting your thinking faculty.
Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by NyamiriSlayer(m): 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
And now the bastard wan betray Tinubu, it will never end well for him
Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by trutharena: 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
NyamiriSlayer:
And now the bastard wan betray Tinubu, he will never end well for him

The man is an ingrate honestly.
Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by seunmsg(m): 6:15pm On Jul 30, 2022
This life sha. That’s how human beings are. “Feed a dog for 3 days, and it will remember you for 3 years. Feed a human for 3 years and they will forget you in 3 days”.

Babachir has forgotten so soon.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by Indispensable85(m): 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2022
Every politician has his personal interest as priority. Once he's schemed out u go begin here stories. Lol

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by HopeSpencer: 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by OkutaNla: 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2022
seunmsg:
This life sha. That’s how human beings are. “Feed a dog for 3 days, and it will remember you for 3 years. Feed a human for 3 years and they will forget you in 3 days”.

Babachir has forgotten so soon.

Na hin make Yoruba proverb talk say, "Bi ore ba pe, ashiwere a maa gbagbe".

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by seunmsg(m): 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2022
OkutaNla:

Na hin make Yoruba proverb talk say, "Bi ore ba pe, ashiwere a maa gbagbe".

Very true. Babachir’s case is worse than an ashiwere. Here is someone Tinubu pushed for to be SGF. He got the position and messed himself up. Still, Tinubu never stopped supporting him. It’s so annoying seeing what he has now turned himself into.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by OkutaNla: 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
seunmsg:

Very true. Babachir’s case is worse than an ashiwere. Here is someone Tinubu pushed for to be SGF. He got the position and messed himself up. Still, Tinubu never stopped supporting him. It’s so annoying seeing what he has now turned himself into.

Dogara has always been a serial betrayer so his behaviour doesn't surprise me either. They've both demonstrated that neither of them would've been loyal deputies to a Tinubu presidency. In that respect, I think it's fitting to say Baba dodged a bullet by avoiding both men.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by Eniitankorede: 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2022
God will disgrace you based on your ingratitude very soon. Tinubu will reach the Eldorado while you will be disgraced in your cross carpeting to PDP.
Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by Throwback: 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2022
Maybe he was not a Christian then.

Like Osinbajo and Tambuwal, many ingrates abound in the political space.

They are only loyal when they are poised to benefit, like Dogora and Babachir were following Tinubu everywhere before he became the APC candidate. Infact, they already thought Tinubu was finished when he gave the Olule speech, so they already went their way thinking they could not be running mate anymore to a Tinubu who would lose to the cabal candidate.

Only Shettima remained loyal and steadfast, and even defended Tinubu over the outburst, unlike Babachir that threw Tinubu under the bus over that speech.

Some opportunistic politicians even swore not to leave APGA as seen below.

No integrity, no shame.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by Dapson73(m): 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
yyba:
BABACHIR is a very ungrateful man , it is clear majority of this religion are not greatful and appreciating. He his showing there true colour

Osinbajo did the same and what's the result?Even Dogara came to limelight through a Muslim.

Babachir and Dogara are just bittered they aren't picked as the VP candidate nothing else.

Thank God, Asiwaju knows about these type so there's always a way to maneuver them at the right time.

With or without Lawal and Dogara, Asiwaju is winning the next election Insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by Ballack1(m): 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2022
[quote author=OkutaNla post=115226908]

Dogara has always been a serial betrayer so his behaviour doesn't surprise me either. They've both demonstrated that neither of them would've been loyal deputies to a Tinubu presidency. In that respect, I think it's fitting to say Baba dodged a bullet by avoiding both men.how is Dogara a betrayal?
Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by Throwback: 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2022
seunmsg:

He his a disgrace to us Christians who had hoped Northern Christians like him would make the most of the opportunities that Buhari afforded them as SGF.
Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by femisplash: 7:06pm On Jul 30, 2022
I challenge anyone to prove Tinubu as a religious or ethnic bigot. Tinubu has a golden heart and does his things based of on humanity regardless your background. Babachair Lawal and Dogara believe that if they cannot have it, they better destroy it. Tinubu had lost many things he wished he had in the past yet moved on for bigger possibilities.
Tinubu has employed in his businesses especially those from a section of the country who today hate him for doing no wrong to them.
God will vindicate him.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by FreeStuffsNG: 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
A fi suru. All of those hating on Asiwaju Tinubu have serious character flaws.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by WATCHOVER(m): 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
derecho:
I tire.
I believe Lawal would have supported him if he made the right choice
Tinubu messed up, he has lost the election, he might come out Third in the election

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by tinsel: 7:40pm On Jul 30, 2022
POlitics. Tinubu did not see s single moslem to nominate nut he went for a christian.
Re: Throwback: Tinubu Made My Appointment As SGF Possible - Babachir Lawal by diadem10: 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
Imagine.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari, Sultan, Emirs- Fulani Are Second Class Citizens / Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo / Peter Obi Will Step Down For Atiku Before Elections.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.