Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,558 members, 7,850,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:43 AM

2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? (25031 Views)

2023: Who Is Buhari's Anointed? - The Cable / 2023: Who Do You Think Should Be Tinubu's Running Mate? / 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Doo1: 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2022
I will vote Obi, but if campaign get tougher and I'm the only one to waste my vote on Obi, I will vote.... Obi. wink grin cool

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by WithFact: 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2022
I'm not a lone. We are BATtallions good for the Job.

Do understand or overstand? Okay. Just remained stand for Tinubu

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Bbdot(m): 10:02pm On Jul 31, 2022
My vote is for Jagaban of the universe
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Mayeldah(m): 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2022
OBI OBI OBI

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by SenatePresdo(m): 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2022
Botnik:
please bring your facts..

This edit trying to teach the history of my state from alaigbo.. I laugh.

Which part of lagos was number 1?

Actually oyo state was number in the south west before the 90s.
Ibadan was more or less the politidal center and lagos was mere capital. Like calabria and enugu.

He even said lagos was 5th biggest economy in Africa in 1999 with 600million nairaland.com IGR.. even if you are too lazy to read, this supposed to look stupid to you.

Lagos became 3rd biggest economy after more invested trooped into lagos not before 1999 you edit.

600 million naira? What was the value of 1 naira to Dollar in 1999?

Was it Tinubu that built the local and multinational companies that are generating the Revenue?

Do you even know what IGR means and how it works? How is it Tinubu's doings?

You just attribute everything to him

Oh lord.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Shattuck(m): 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2022
Heterodox:
Be reducing your misinformation.

Serves under is not the same as raised. Nkojo Iweala raised by Obi? Are you kidding me?

Nkojo Iweala is bigger than any economist in Africa, not to talk of Nigeria. Those two you mentioned are self-made before being appointed to serve. They're established already.

Since you already pursued the liberty of misinformation it's pointless engaging you further. Obviously you're here for an argument not education
I never said okonjo iweala was raised by obi, I mentioned okonjo iweala just to show you what it means to dentify true talent for the job, based on competence rather than favouritism, which tinubu pratices, when you identify talent they can hold their own anywhere in the world, still on the other stuff you never gave any remarkable achievement of any of the so called tinubu's" effective men" if he were the president the guys in Buhari's cabinet would have also be his cabinet members what is so special about this guys that your kind wouldn't allow us to rest with the usually noise of" he has raised men" " he is a technocrat " " he has raised effective leaders" this are his best guys and they all failed in their various portfolios.
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by shinealight(m): 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2022
ribbit:
Tinubu

Cos no other candidate has his track record or more qualified..

If you have any, present him let's compare their achievements devoid of the usual insults and shenanigans.

They say show me your friends..

If you can say amen to this prayer, then you should vote your conscience.

Which state would you rather want God to model your life after?

Tinubu's Lagos till this day?
Or Obi's Anambra under peter obi till this day?
Or how atiku ran Nigeria.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzDlKuXMRZ8
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by PaedophileProph: 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2022
Heterodox:
Mimiko that Tinubu reduced to dust?

Obviously you don't even know SW politics
Did Mimiko run for president on Tinubu's party with full support of Tinubu or not ,

I don't care the fallout or aftermath of their relationship going south after the failed bid .

Why didn't he win the presidency for Mimiko since he had that track record ?
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by shinealight(m): 10:14pm On Jul 31, 2022
akeeng:

Yes, Tinuku brought all these upon us. He was part of the alliance that brought this evil man and has also promised to continue wherever the man stops.

God news is, he will never get that chance to inflict more pain on us. Our Moses has come and just like in the days of Egypt, all pharaohs will go with the Red Sea. Including you and your type

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzDlKuXMRZ8
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2022
Peter Obi. Cos he is by far the best.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by WhizdomXX(m): 10:44pm On Jul 31, 2022
Sunday2021:
Atiku. Because he is more experience and religious tolerant.
Worst option amongst the 4.
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Trilz(m): 11:07pm On Jul 31, 2022
ribbit:
Tinubu

Cos no other candidate has his track record or more qualified..

If you have any, present him let's compare their achievements devoid of the usual insults and shenanigans.

They say show me your friends..

If you can say amen to this prayer, then you should vote your conscience.

Which state would you rather want God to model your life after?

Tinubu's Lagos till this day?
Or Obi's Anambra under peter obi till this day?
Or how atiku ran Nigeria.?
virus on the move

1 Share

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Cj4charles(m): 11:15pm On Jul 31, 2022
Throwback:
Tinubu!

The only Governor whom his sworn enemies admit he was the best and acknowledge his brilliance.

The Governor who took Lagos monthly IGR from N600m to N7b in 8yrs, while his competition pretender was only able to move Anambra monthly IGR from N450m to N600m in 8yrs (despite that Ngige was able to grow from N50m to N450m in just 3years).

I will vote Tinubu whose Lagos State was the 1st public service in Nigeria to embrace TSA and ERP systems like Oracle, while his analog competition pretender was allowing contractors to cash N250m cheque in Anambra for expenditure to be done in Lagos that housed the bank headquarters, despite that he was the former Chairman of the Bank.

You might wonder what would have happened if Tinubu and Obi had reversed roles as Governor of their respective states?

Obi would have purged the state civil service of Yorubas from Ogun and Ekiti, while Nigerians from Edo, Anambra, and Akwa-Ibom would already know they are not welcomed in the state civil service. Tinubu would not have sacked Igbos from Abia and Imo.

Obi would have inherited N600m monthly IGR in Lagos and after 8yrs would have managed to grow it to only N900m (instead of Tinubu that grew it to N7b). Tinubu would have inherited N450m monthly and grown it to N5b monthly (Instead of the N700m monthly that Obi achieved).

Obi would have been at a loss on how to manage the different religions in Lagos, while Tinubu would have fostered better harmony between Catholics and Anglicans/Protestants, and other non-Christian faiths.

Obi would have written a letter to a school headboy in Lagos, while Tinubu would have allowed the headboy serve as a 1day Governor to better build his confidence and exposure to being a future leader.

I can write a full Nairaland page dissecting what would have been, but we know what became, and I am sure Anambra regrets not having a 1st class brain lead the state like Lagos was led by Tinubu.
Oga simple question, who are you voting for next year... Is Peter Obi the only candidate contesting for the position?
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by blancsn1: 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2022
Many of you igbos are plainly brain dead. How much of the seaport revenue goes into the coffers of Lagos. Does Delta n River not have port as well or madness as besiege your IG o household

zzxxbbaa:

I was just going to scroll past after acknowledging your points which are valid, but not all. If you do play monopoly, you'd know why Tinubu could achieve so much in his time as gov. Do you know what it means for Nigeria to have just one functional sea port, Lagos has and always will be the capital of Nigeria for me, Abuja is jus their relaxation spot away from the hustle and bustle. So I need not remind you that virtually any sane person who wants to work and had the opportunity to govern lagos in that era would have done nothing less than what Tinubu achieved, or even much more, so please understand that if all sea ports in the country were operational, I can most certainly guarantee you wouldn't be a resident of lagos and the population would be way much less.
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by blancsn1: 11:21pm On Jul 31, 2022
Tinubu that is campaigning for the first time is dangerous but an Atiku that as been doing same in 1992 is not or Obi that left his party to buy his way in another party are not all red flags to you. The madness plaguing many of you Igbos is unquantifiable.

sammhi:
How do U want to vote a man with dubious and questnable identity .... education, source of wealth etc
His criminal nature made him to go hire hungry boys and clothe them as Bishops .who does that ?
He has spent so much money just to be in power . Such people are dangerous and are not doing it for you .
There are tell tale signs or red flags for a man who does not mean well for the country , Tinubu ticks all .
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by blancsn1: 11:21pm On Jul 31, 2022
Yes o not the Pandora bastard that looted your commonwealth into his 13 year old daughter Pandora account
Emmanueltrinity:
you mean the Parkinson' disease man
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by JoeNL22(m): 11:32pm On Jul 31, 2022
mrajims:
From the comments I just read, people claiming Obi doesn't have a concrete reasons for supporting him. They are just tired of the APC government and unleashed the anger on TINUBU. As for me, Tinubu shouldn't be responsible for the colossal failure of Mr Buhari.
TINUBU is the best man for the job. Take it or leave it.
Thanks but no thanks.....we will OBIDIENTLY leave it.
And I advise you do the same immediately. Don't you want to be YUS-FUL?
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by kaey10(m): 11:35pm On Jul 31, 2022
mrajims:
From the comments I just read, people claiming Obi doesn't have a concrete reasons for supporting him. They are just tired of the APC government and unleashed the anger on TINUBU. As for me, Tinubu shouldn't be responsible for the colossal failure of Mr Buhari.
TINUBU is the best man for the job. Take it or leave it.
And alot of people supporting Tinubu are doing so not because he's capable but to spite igbos even at the detriment of their own future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by mozeez8(m): 12:19am On Aug 01, 2022
nikky5:
The days are drawing nearer each passing day for the expiration of 2022. In 2023, who will you vote for? Why your preference for that candidate?
obi
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by vhykeeytor(m): 12:31am On Aug 01, 2022
Uniquekriss:
I'm ashamed of you, if u can come here to boast that Tinubu controls Lagos politics 100% then you don't have a sense of belonging.

All the names of those mentioned there failed woefully under Buhari regime... I laugh when this people mentions Aregbesola and Fashola as great leaders...People that couldn't give account of their stewardship after 8years as governor. And Fashola is also enjoying the illegality orchestrated by Tinubu called retirement benefits for former governors of Lagos State. Their benefits self alone, some people papa for year won't see that kinda money till they die after working for 35years. How are you sure he won't do the same, when he becomes the president.
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by edosignature(m): 12:37am On Aug 01, 2022
Atiku Abubakar... Because he Atikulated, sensible, more sincere amongst than other aspirant & more mature.
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 01, 2022
Obi because Atiku and Tinubu are part of this evil government.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by ismodiwa(m): 1:00am On Aug 01, 2022
I've read extensively about all three candidates lately, Obi got nothing to offer..
He's the least competent amongst all candidates
He has achieved nothing considering his past and antecedent.
He's been supported based on tribe and religion..
My opinion
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Reeses: 1:27am On Aug 01, 2022
Obi.
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by tonididdy(m): 1:52am On Aug 01, 2022
I'm voting a vibrant, fluent young grin man.

Only 2 persons fall in this category: atiku or obi
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by DonMakaveli21: 1:58am On Aug 01, 2022
It seems Atiku is dead on Arrival Cox no one mentioned his name.
As for me I will kill any person that tells me not to vote Obi even if na my pastor or parents.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by tonididdy(m): 2:00am On Aug 01, 2022
ismodiwa:
I've read extensively about all three candidates lately, Obi got nothing to offer..
He's the least competent amongst all candidates
He has achieved nothing considering his past and antecedent.
He's been supported based on tribe and religion..
My opinion

Track records is a mere paper record, it has little or no effect on nigerian politics. Nigerians do not vote EXPERIENCE, TRUST ME.

OTHERWISE BUHARI would never have being president. A certain wave moves in the air just before elections, that wave is the direction most people will go.

As at now ... obi'z wave is loudest!

NB: I'm not in anyway canvassing for obi, I myself have no idea why people want Obi but it's the Wave and most Nigerians will go with it.

In 2015, i an Edoman, a christian was sheeplessly shanting 'sai baba'. Tho I didn't vote, I celebrated buharis win. It was the wave of the moment.

This is why I am 85% certain Obi may claim 2023. Its the wave...and its happening again!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by tonididdy(m): 2:12am On Aug 01, 2022
blancsn1:
Tinubu that is campaigning for the first time is dangerous but an Atiku that as been doing same in 1992 is not or Obi that left his party to buy his way in another party are not all red flags to you. The madness plaguing many of you Igbos is unquantifiable.

A fair game is what makes a real man.
No cutting of corners, no desperacy just clean and fair and if you fail, try again.
Abraham Lincoln attempted to be POTUS a record 8 times and more, he didn't cut corners ,he didn't act desperately. HE KEPT ON TRYING.

Tunibu has painted for himself a desperate old hag "demanding " power ( .....it is my turn! ) and buying his way to the top with links to drug cartels.
Staging touts as priests.
And boldly picking a controversial religious ticket. A first of its kind in Nigeria.
His age doesn't speak well for his intentions.
He's best a grandfather and a godfather.

So yes....that's a dangerous man.

Both atiku and obi have played fairly, most esp atiku.
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by hitblaz03: 2:12am On Aug 01, 2022
Asari Dokubo and his entourage heavily armed with military graded weapons walking freely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uvK9BwOT8k
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by akeeng: 2:28am On Aug 01, 2022
Botnik:
your family will fail and be put to shame.

One they have nothing to say to defend thir failure candidates, they result go curses.

Watch how I’ve not used an insulting word on you yet you’ve rained all negatives on me even to my family

I’m not even bothered cuz I’ll do them proud by making sure your octogenarian is embarrassed by our PVCs next year
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by gregng(m): 3:30am On Aug 01, 2022
Obidiently yusful to my generation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Abdu81: 3:43am On Aug 01, 2022
I will vote tinubu if he apologizes for end SARS mascre.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

FG Awards Zinox Technologies Over N85bn 2023 Digital Census Contract / 'Buhari, APC Praised Atiku As Exemplary Nigerian' – Atiku Media / Oke Umurhohwo Congratulates Sheriff Oborevwori Over His Electoral Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.