Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,857 members, 7,956,231 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:13 AM

The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me (1243 Views)

My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie / She Is Pushing Me , My Wife Called Me A Vegetable - Read My Story / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by fineboynl(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2022
When returning from church I have a taste for chicken. And I prefer the one I will prepare myself because I like slow frying chicken for it to dried properly. So I enter the mall name withheld.

One thing I noticed was that the place was very scanty unlike what it use to be on a Sunday.

I pick my chicken and gizzard and was looking for vegetable oil to fry it

The prices I was seeing was confusing my eyes. I saw this one that 2k something was written at the line. I was like wow this one is cheaper. I just picked it and head straight to pay. When I gave them my card I never bother to check the total balance until they gave me receipts and I was shock to see 5999 for the oil. 3L oil I would have gotten for 3k else where.

Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by Treasure17(m): 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
Na dollar cause am.
Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by Foodqueen(f): 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2022
The mall name is ShopRite".

7 Likes

Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by bukatyne(f): 3:11pm On Jul 31, 2022
fineboynl:
When returning from church I have a taste for chicken. And I prefer the one I will prepare myself because I like slow frying chicken for it to dried properly. So I enter the mall name withheld.

One thing I noticed was that the place was very scanty unlike what it use to be on a Sunday.

The prices I was seeing was confusing my eyes. I saw this one that 2k something was written at the line. I was like wow this one is cheaper. I just picked it and head straight to pay. When I give them my card I never bother to check the total balance until I they gave me receipts and I was shock to see 5999 for the oil.

You withheld the name of the mall in your post and shared the receipt.

I beg you with the love of Christ: if you see 3L ororo for N2k anywhere, DON'T BUY!

4 Likes

Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by kernniejay(m): 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2022
With the fall in naira value and consequential increase in dollar, the rate at which prices will increase thesedays will be geometric. Anyone that wishes to buy anything should do so fast because prices will soon tripple.
Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by crackhaus: 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2022
Among the "cheaper" options you must have come across, you still decided to buy the imported sunflower oil to fry your chicken, you suppose know say e go cost nau.

2 Likes

Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by Makamatic: 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2022
3 litres groundnut oil pass 2k not to talk of sunflower oil .
Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by ogub(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2022
You should have asked when not too sure with the price, anyways enjoy your chicken.
Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by fineboynl(m): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
crackhaus:
Among the "cheaper" options you must have come across, you still decided to buy the imported sunflower oil to fry your chicken, you suppose know say e go cost nau.
I tire oh. I was seeing some 4l around 4k5 to 5k.

This one was in a line I saw 2k5. Maybe be made mistake with this prace tag line. I would have go for power oil or just leave it self.
Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by NoToPile: 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2022
fineboynl:

The prices I was seeing was confusing my eyes. I saw this one that 2k something was written at the line. I was like wow this one is cheaper. I just picked it and head straight to pay. When I gave them my card I never bother to check the total balance until they gave me receipts and I was shock to see 5999 for the oil. 3L oil I would have gotten for 3k else where.

I think the cheapest veg oils are about 1,500per liter, so a 3 liter should cost 4,500 plus or minus. 5 liter is around 8k.some Nigerian brands like laziz are more expensive
I doubt the one you saw for 2k was 3 liter, maybe 1 or 1.2 liter max.

So for foreign sunflower oil it's okay nau for that price.

We will still buy Nigerian ororo 10k for 5liters the way we are going. It is well.

1 Like

Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by NoToPile: 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2022
bukatyne:

You withheld the name of the mall in your post and shared the receipt.

I beg you with the love of Christ: if you see 3L ororo for N2k anywhere, DON'T BUY!

Loool I doubt he can even see for that price.
Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by CyberHustle: 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2022
Something that used to be less than 2k before.
Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by chii8(f): 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2022
5liters of kings Vegetable Oil is #7200 undecided undecided undecided

Why waste money?
Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by Channah1(f): 8:30am On Aug 01, 2022
I don't go by the useless price tags they put on their shelf because it's not always the real thing. So I pick an item off the shelf and ask them to check it on the system for me before I take it the counter.

Though in my area, a litre is 1,500; meaning 3litres will be around 4500. Not up to 6k.
Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:28am On Aug 01, 2022
That Casa oil is worth 6k for Shoprite.
Even normal shops will be around 5k+

Our men folk need to dey enter market, so when we ladies say things are expensive now, it won't sound like extortion grin

Hope you enjoyed the chicken?
Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by fineboynl(m): 11:09am On Aug 01, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
That Casa oil is worth 6k for Shoprite.
Even normal shops will be around 5k+

Our men folk need to dey enter market, so when we ladies say things are expensive now, it won't sound like extortion grin

[b]Hope you enjoyed the chicken?[/q/b]
I didn't oh. Only enjoy the gizzard. The chicken got burnt I guess at of the anger.
Re: The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me by bukatyne(f): 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2022
NoToPile:

Loool I doubt he can even see for that price.

Nothing is impossible in Naija cry

(1) (Reply)

Young Couple Style Their Baby With A Lace Frontal Wig For The Holidays (pix/vid) / Scam Bait That Went To Front Page And People Fell For It. / I'm Loosing My Bestfriend:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.