Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support (634 Views)

Moghalu & 2023: Northern Keke Napep, Okada Riders Declare Support / 2023: Northern Youths Beg Umahi To Contest For Presidency (Photos) / 2023: Northern Youths Endorse Tinubu, Carpet El-rufai Over Zoning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by November1857(m): 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2022
2023: Northern Christians in APC search for political party to support
The leaders are setting up a committee to help choose a platform to better galvanise and steer their resolve towards building a united multi-religious, multi-ethnic Nigeria .

APC Northern Christian leaders
Christian leaders of the All Progressives Congress from the north have vowed to set up a committee to consult Christian and Muslim stakeholders on a different political party to support in the 2023 presidential election.

This was disclosed in a communiqué issued after the APC Northern Christian leaders summit issued on Saturday in Abuja and jointly signed by Doknan Sheni (Plateau) North Central; Ishaya Bauka (Taraba) North East and Saidu Ibrahim (Jigawa) North West.

The leaders said the committee was to arrive at the best platform that would better galvanise and steer their patriotic spirits and resolve towards collectively building a united multi religious, multi-ethnic society as guaranteed by Nigeria constitution.

The leaders said that after careful considerations and deliberations, the summit resolved that the adoption of a Muslim–Muslim ticket by their party was divisive, unjust and insensitive.

It, however, stated that the Northern Christians in APC would not support or enable any attempt to divide Nigeria along religious lines.

“We resolved that we will set up a committee within us with a mandate to go round Nigeria and consult with both Christians and Muslim stakeholders, including other stakeholders.”

It stated that stakeholders, not of the faith community, but who shared the aspirations for a peaceful and united Nigeria would be galvanized.

It said this was to arrive at the best platform that will better galvanize and steer the patriotic spirits and resolve to build a united multi religious, multi-ethnic society as guaranteed by the constitution

The faith based religion leaders said that they also resolved to summon an interfaith summit in no distant future after consultations were concluded across religious divide.

This, according to the communiqué, will be where Muslim and Christian leaders will announce the best Pan Nigerian platform that will better serve the collective interests of the people beyond 2023.

“That all delegates will return to their communities and disseminate these resolutions and await the convocation of the next summit where a final decision would be taken on the ticket that we will collectively vote for in 2023.”
https://gazettengr.com/2023-northern-christians-in-apc-search-for-political-party-to-support

Re: 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by Jagabanofafrica: 5:27pm On Jul 31, 2022
They should vote for saint Obi

Tinubu is the man
Yoruba lokan
Re: 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by pinkPUSSY(f): 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2022
They know the right candidate to vote...

A Muslim won't allow a Christian to succeed a fellow Christian...

Christians are not second class citizens in Nigeria...

Northern Christians should do the right thing

1 Like

Re: 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by Cubalabloo(m): 5:29pm On Jul 31, 2022
Obediently, they are welcome.
Re: 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by Seezion: 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2022
They should search no more.

Peter Obi is the answer.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by jumper524(m): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2022
God bless you all for making it a religious affairs.
Tinubu made a political move, if it doesn't suit your idea, there's Obi there's Atiku but since CAN and other Christian bodies have decided to make it a religious affairs and no longer a political affairs, I say Goodluck to them all and pray such action doesn't backfire too bad to them that they can only bite their fingers and do nothing about.
Obj, Jonathan were president. Religion was never and issue but the day Buhari a Muslim entered. CANand many ipob Christians took it personal with lies and more lies that he wants to islamize Nigeria with a chief defence staff who's a Christian and their alleged good vp that's the most involved vp since the history of Nigeria.
Despite my strong stance against same religious ticket in the past, with me creating a topic on it here.

https://www.nairaland.com/7220407/why-tinubu-should-avoid-muslim

I've found out that the Christians society already made its mind and to me they are bigots exactly like those Muslims who lynched innocent Deborah and would all suffer the consequences of bigotry.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by Deprofessional(m): 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2022
They need not search too far.

Peter Obi represents a paradigm shift from the corrupt old ways to new ways.
Re: 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by jumper524(m): 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
They know the right candidate to vote...

A Muslim won't allow a Christian to succeed a fellow Christian...

Christians are not second class citizens in Nigeria...

Northern Christians should do the right thing
but tinubu allowed sanwo olu to succeed ambode.
Ibadan and osun that are majorly Muslims allowed Christian in Oyo and also voted a Christian Christian ticket in osun against a Muslim Christian ticket. The west have proved that competence comes before religion only fanatics like yourself keep imploding on religious voting and I know for sure, you lots will loose woefully. Have the south east ever considered a Muslim for any political position or appointment? Never not even one but yet Muslims supported dogara from Muslim dominated bauchi for speaker in the house.
Hypocrate.
Re: 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by Kennedyli: 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2022
jumper524:
Ibadan and osun that are majorly Muslims allowed Christian in Oyo and also voted a Christian Christian ticket in osun against a Muslim Christian ticket. The west have proved that competence comes before religion only fanatics like yourself keep imploding on religious voting and I know for sure, you lots will loose woefully. Have the south east ever considered a Muslim for any political position or appointment? Never not even one but yet Muslims supported dogara from Muslim dominated bauchi for speaker in the house.
Hypocrate.
Tinubu doesn't care about religion. He cares about those he can control. No body is scared of Tinubu islamizing Nigeria. However Tinubu is old and gullible. Islamists like Shettima will take advantage of his condition to push their jihad agender.
Re: 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by pinkPUSSY(f): 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2022
jumper524:
Hypocrate.

Entire North West for example run Muslim Muslim ticket till today .. We are not interested in that because it's their state business... The issue here is a Presidential election that affects entire Nigerians
Re: 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by Chiboy419: 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2022
Peter obi or nothing
Re: 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by Splitmind: 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2022
Who wanted their support in the first place? grin
Re: 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by WATCHOVER(m): 7:16pm On Jul 31, 2022
jumper524:
God bless you all for making it a religious affairs.
Tinubu made a political move, if it doesn't suit your idea, there's Obi there's Atiku but since CAN and other Christian bodies have decided to make it a religious affairs and no longer a political affairs, I say Goodluck to them all and pray such action doesn't backfire too bad to them that they can only bite their fingers and do nothing about.
Obj, Jonathan were president. Religion was never and issue but the day Buhari a Muslim entered. CANand many ipob Christians took it personal with lies and more lies that he wants to islamize Nigeria with a chief defence staff who's a Christian and their alleged good vp that's the most involved vp since the history of Nigeria.
Despite my strong stance against same religious ticket in the past, with me creating a topic on it here.

https://www.nairaland.com/7220407/why-tinubu-should-avoid-muslim

I've found out that the Christians society already made its mind and to me they are bigots exactly like those Muslims who lynched innocent Deborah and would all suffer the consequences of bigotry.
Was Yaradua not supported by Christians?
Re: 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by Obidient4life2: 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2022
The earlier the become Obidient the better for them.

Someone condemned the killing of Deborah and deleted it, the other one didn't even condemn it.

They should vote wisely because na them go suffer am pass.
Re: 2023: Northern Christians In APC Search For Political Party To Support by Betanaija42moro: 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2022
They should search no more.

Peter Obi is the answer.
He represents hope and better future

(1) (Reply)

I Am Excited With Peter Obi Candidacy. Activist Dele Farotimi Endorsed Obi / Tinubu Crimes As The Governor Of Lagos State Uncovered. / NIGERIAN Farmers 27 Million VOTERS Nationwide Mobilization Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.