Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

The Effects Of Moral Decadence In Our Society - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Effects Of Moral Decadence In Our Society (710 Views)

Who Is To Be Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths:parents Or Teachers? / Academic Decadence In The Country As ASUU Goes On Strike / UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Effects Of Moral Decadence In Our Society by Fefa: 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2022
Hello everyone

I would like to share my observations on the above topic and I would appreciate if we all post ours and if possible prefer solutions as we rub minds on this very pertinent issue.

Recently, I observed that a lot of young people go around doing things that were thought impossible in the 80's.

Young adults go about almost " unclad", acting very disrespectful, involving in all kinds of social vices.

These are just views that I observed and sincerely, I fear for the generations to come.

Kindly share your thoughts!
Re: The Effects Of Moral Decadence In Our Society by JASONjnr(m): 11:52pm On Jul 31, 2022
It's like you've been sleeping for decades now....
Re: The Effects Of Moral Decadence In Our Society by Dvdpity: 6:09am On Aug 01, 2022
It's started from feminism by feminists now to so called freedom of morality, dengerated to LGBT and transversites. We must all be ready to use Molotov cocktails on these brands of people who degrad our traditional and religious values to woke Western values in the name of civilization. Majority of them are waiting for any government that will give them a better ground to spring up and start demonstrations for LGBT and those devilish programs in the name of human rights.

Human rights start and ends with the constitution.
Because some other people Will wish to be granted the right to kill who ever they want to kill, morality has been degraded especially the so called Christians.

Solution, simple like RUSSIA, Ban anything related to LGBT and feminist propaganda. Like QATAR, Death penalty for gays and lesbians. absolute rule of law and religious institutions should return to its mandate of preaching moral standards to the society.

Foreign and local NGOs financed by western countries should be put in check. So called activists who are used as western dogs should be put in check.
Re: The Effects Of Moral Decadence In Our Society by Fefa: 10:44pm On Aug 06, 2022
Now, let's continue where we stopped. How about we list some of the things that helped us to stay "clean “ while growing up.

Below are some of mine; in no particular order:

Strict but loving parenting

Constant mentoring and admonishing from parents, siblings and teachers.

A sense of relevance due to participation in various social functions: birthdays, family picnic, school extra curricular activities, etc.

This really helped to give me a high self- esteem and confidence to make my own decisions without intimidation from friends.

Quality and educative television programmes like the T.V series; I need to know, man and woman unusual, impact but most especially ;the first.
The former was a programme on teens pressure, sex education and good parenting.

Lead role played by; Jennifer ( Funke Akindele ), Moyo Lawal and so on.

I'll like to take a break here.

So, let's hear your views and share how you overcame!
Re: The Effects Of Moral Decadence In Our Society by Fefa: 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2022
So let's continue from where we stopped.

I think having a picture of what you want for your life will to a great extend help to curb if not eradicate "distraction" ( decadence ) in your life.

Think of the so many pressure you have to face and you'll agree with me that you need to build a strong defense in your mind against those external forces.

Another thing I found quite helpful was defining what I want first before considering what others may want or think that I should do.

I term it as "self - determination!"

What do you think?
Re: The Effects Of Moral Decadence In Our Society by Fefa: 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
It's time again to continue where we stopped!

Aside from having " self - determination "; I can't deny that I had the help of others.
So, in this view; I'd ike to share some of those I give credit to for a " life well lived ":
My parents no doubt, my siblings and my seniors in school.

I remember the days of ( Extra curricular activities ).
How we were taught how to develop our boldness and confidence.
Yes, it was just a normal thing to do then but I carried that courage through and I must confess it helped me in numerous ways.

I would never forget how I also developed great love for " big grammars / words " through the club and of course with the help of my seniors in school.

I would love to hear your view on this as the old saying is ever true, " THERE CAN'T BE SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE ! "

Who do you owe your beautiful today to?

(1) (Reply)

ASUU To Decide Weather To Call-off Strike Or Not On Thursday / ISIS funding: Students demand shutdown of Lafarge company in Nigeria / TRCN Professional Qualification Examination (PQE) Practice Test - 23 Modules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.