Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,742 members, 7,862,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:34 PM

Opinion: Peter Obi's Supporters' Choice Of Words Often Betrays Their Sentiments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Peter Obi's Supporters' Choice Of Words Often Betrays Their Sentiments (362 Views)

Opinion: Peter Obi Show Us Your Real Face By Osigwe Omo-ikirodah / COAS: The 24 Army Officers Buhari Bypassed Over Ethnic, Religious Sentiments- SR / Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Peter Obi's Supporters' Choice Of Words Often Betrays Their Sentiments by LongwayGone2021: 12:18am On Aug 01, 2022
I've gone through most of the comments under many political topics on Nairaland, and I've noticed that when it comes to people defending or trying to market their candidates, verbs like 'is', 'will' 'does', 'was', 'had', 'did' 'has' etcetera oftentimes flood the comment section e.g. under this trend: https://www.nairaland.com/7256146/2023-vote-why

To me, the choice of words predicts the political orientation the user has. It reflects on what sentiments s/he is making their decision. And it shows smug or uncritical satisfaction with their political interests.

For instance, if you say 'will', it tells us that you only presume a certain subject is going to act in a presupposed way; in a way s/he never did, so no any base for assurance he's going to do it at all, or to be fair, he's going to do it the most right way if he eventually does it. That's because no track record to reinforce the choice of 'will'/'is'. The same goes with other perfect present forms of the verb.

To illustrate, as an employer, would you give your one million dollars project to someone who only believes in his imaginary strength? He constantly uses 'i will', 'I am' 'i can' when what is expected is telling what has been done or achieve before, or someone whose choice of words involuntarily takes you back to things he was and had done? I think the choice here is clear enough.

Using certain words inadvertently reveals your competence or the lack of it. And for the one who's to make a decision based on this, it subtly reveals some levels of shallowness and shadowiness in the reasoning faculty, and it will ultimately result in poor decisions making.

My candid advice to PO followers —and others candidates' keyboard warriors, too, let your words reflect his competence, his track record and his capacity.

_______
IMO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi's Supporters' Choice Of Words Often Betrays Their Sentiments by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 01, 2022
Nice piece but then again we are in Nigeria where even the candidate thinks he is superman and thinks he did everything and knows everything.

For instance, PO will say, i did this, i did that, i turned this into that, etc,when he uses statement like this,i sometimes feel like maybe he himself is the government or maybe he is a dictator.

The fact is government is made up of people and not one person, trying to take the glory for other people's advices and work makes me wary.
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi's Supporters' Choice Of Words Often Betrays Their Sentiments by PlayerMeji: 12:57am On Aug 01, 2022
Hmm..

They are mostly Obidiently Unintelligent!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi's Supporters' Choice Of Words Often Betrays Their Sentiments by ElSudani: 12:57am On Aug 01, 2022
LongwayGone2021:
I've gone through most of the comments under many political topics on Nairaland, and I've noticed that when it comes to people defending or trying to market their candidates, verbs like 'is', 'will' 'does', 'was', 'had', 'did' 'has' etcetera oftentimes flood the comment section e.g. under this trend: https://www.nairaland.com/7256146/2023-vote-why

To me, the choice of words predicts the political orientation the user has. It reflects on what sentiments s/he is making their decision. And it shows smug or uncritical satisfaction with their political interests.

For instance, if you say 'will', it tells us that you only presume a certain subject is going to act in a presupposed way; in a way s/he never did, so no any base for assurance he's going to do it at all, or to be fair, he's going to do it the most right way if he eventually does it. That's because no track record to reinforce the choice of 'will'/'is'. The same goes with other perfect present forms of the verb.

To illustrate, as an employer, would you give your one million dollars project to someone who only believes in his imaginary strength? He constantly uses 'i will', 'I am' 'i can' when what is expected is telling what has been done or achieve before, or someone whose choice of words involuntarily takes you back to things he was and had done? I think the choice here is clear enough.

Using certain words inadvertently reveals your competence or the lack of it. And for the one who's to make a decision based on this, it subtly reveals some levels of shallowness and shadowiness in the reasoning faculty, and it will ultimately result in poor decisions making.

My candid advice to PO followers —and others candidates' keyboard warriors, too, let your words reflect his competence, his track record and his capacity.

_______
IMO

What if the candidate have no track record to run on? For example Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi's Supporters' Choice Of Words Often Betrays Their Sentiments by Oilwell(m): 1:19am On Aug 01, 2022
Pot calling kettle black

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi's Supporters' Choice Of Words Often Betrays Their Sentiments by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 01, 2022
LongwayGone2021:

_______
IMO
abeg get out
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi's Supporters' Choice Of Words Often Betrays Their Sentiments by Oilwell(m): 1:26am On Aug 01, 2022
Oilwell:
Pot calling kettle black

With the lies and propagandas being peddled against Peter Obi.

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi's Supporters' Choice Of Words Often Betrays Their Sentiments by pointblank247(m): 1:35am On Aug 01, 2022
Op
Grammatical psychology is just delusion, no school accepted to teach it because it belongs to foooools
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi's Supporters' Choice Of Words Often Betrays Their Sentiments by EmeeNaka: 1:36am On Aug 01, 2022
OP, please stop your tricks.

Obidient group are made of Nigerians from different ethnic and religious background. They all have different ways of responding to issues.
Op,, you must be tolerant of others and avoid campaign of calumny against Peter Obi and Datti Ahmed
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi's Supporters' Choice Of Words Often Betrays Their Sentiments by Idiotseverywher: 2:25am On Aug 01, 2022
Op, let me tell you, LP supporters will follow you people bumps to bumps, they know the politics you people play, politics of hate, blackmail, intimidation, tribal , religion propaganda and lies, you people are not happy that they are facing you people man to man to counter all you hate campaign, that is why all of you are turning it to obi supporters are this and that, they will face you people any way you people want if

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi's Supporters' Choice Of Words Often Betrays Their Sentiments by Obidient4life2: 5:38am On Aug 01, 2022
Idiotseverywher:
Op, let me tell you, LP supporters will follow you people bumps to bumps, they know the politics you people play, politics of hate, blackmail, intimidation, tribal , religion propaganda and lies, you people are not happy that they are facing you people man to man to counter all you hate campaign, that is why all of you are turning it to obi supporters are this and that, they will face you people any way you people want if

grin grin
Over sense dey worry you. They thought it's 2014! We will deal with them mercilessly

(1) (Reply)

FACT CHECK: Did TB Joshua’s Wife Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? / Jack Rich Floors Osinbajo, Yahaya Bello,wike To Emerge Spotlight Politician 2022 / 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.