Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun (3880 Views)

Boko Haram Commander, Alhaji Modu, 27 Others Killed In Borno / Boko Haram Commander Arrested A Week After Leading Attack In Borno. Photos / SARS Operatives Arrest 2 Ladies Over Indecent Dressing, Demands N100,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by teekrackz(m): 7:06am On Aug 01, 2022
There was anxiety in Abeokuta, Ogun State, on Sunday 31st July, 2022, following the of arrest of a suspected Boko Haram leader.

The suspect was arrested by the operatives of the Department of State Security Service (DSS).

A reliable source told Daily Trust that the suspected Boko Haram leader was arrested at Ijaye area of Abeokuta.

The source said the suspect initially put up a resistance before bowing to the superior power of DSS operatives.

The operation was carried out at night, the source told Daily Trust on Sunday night.

The suspected terrorist reportedly arrived in Abeokuta from Katsina, took up security job at Ijaye, while gathering intelligence for terrorist attacks.

Security source said he moved to Abeokuta to set up terrorists’ cell for kidnapping and terror attacks.

And following intelligence gathering , the gun-wielding security operatives stormed his hideout and picked him up.

“It was not an easy ride. Intelligence and the grace of God were sufficient for the operatives. There are still many of them around, but we are on top of our game,” the source said.

Our correspondent gathered that suspect is still in the DSS custody.

]The development comes amid the reports of the the alleged plan of terrorists to attack some states in the South West

When Daily Trust contacted, the DSS Spokesman, Dr Peter Afunanya, neither denied nor confirmed the arrest.

“No comment,” he said while responding to a text message from our correspondent.

The Police Public Relations Officers in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said he was not aware of any arrest.

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-dss-arrests-boko-haram-leader-in-ogun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by Zonex1(m): 7:10am On Aug 01, 2022
When I visited lagos around 2019 n saw the huge numbers of fulani mounting the gates of prominent pple I knew something like dis will one day cum up

12 Likes

Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by Freelane33(m): 7:57am On Aug 01, 2022
Pics on I no go believe anything
We need pictorial evidence
And death to all kidnapper
He must be shot in the public
On life tv

2 Likes

Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by teekrackz(m): 8:18am On Aug 01, 2022
Freelane33:
Pics on I no go believe anything
We need pictorial evidence
And death to all kidnapper
He must be shot in the public
On life tv
We all know the DSS don’t do press briefings

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by Ekejoestar(m): 8:23am On Aug 01, 2022
Many Nigerians are obsessed with next year election without minding that precarious security situation in the nation.

Let's all be vigilante while being our brother's keepers.

3 Likes

Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by Cuppycat: 8:34am On Aug 01, 2022
Many Nigerians are obsessed with next year election without minding that precarious security situation in the nation.

Let's all be vigilante while being our brother's keepers.

3 Likes

Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by godofuck231: 8:41am On Aug 01, 2022
They are dugged in , gone under ground and are collecting intel on hard and soft targets, the states now have to start a vetting procedure on foreigners , every state having its code , local government and ward and then quarters or family compound or hamlet of origin to know who is who, from there a blood sample or DNA test can be carried out on suspects to confirm their relationship to a said family, not claim Katsina state when you are from niger Republic

1 Like

Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by MuslimIgbo: 8:48am On Aug 01, 2022
cool
Good.

All OSU ALUSI IPOB JEW PIGs posting threats and nonsense should be arrested too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by morikee: 8:48am On Aug 01, 2022
This one loud gan
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2022
He will be free soon
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by Ogbuu101: 8:48am On Aug 01, 2022
Commander no de finish? grin
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2022
The reported influx of Hausa fulani coming to south west has always been on the increase. It's like an invasion. Some time ago when Lagos and some southern states deported some who couldn't explain their business in the south and tried to repeat it because they pose security challenge the government, National assembly and few belligerents on social media cried out against this action.
My advice: Churches should be on red alert.

2 Likes

Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by admax(m): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2022
ok
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by Samunique(m): 8:49am On Aug 01, 2022

The suspected terrorist reportedly arrived in Abeokuta from Katsina, took up security job at Ijaye, while gathering intelligence for terrorist attacks.

Security source said he moved to Abeokuta to set up terrorists’ cell for kidnapping and terror attacks.

And that Ijaye in Abeokuta is highly populated by Hausas .
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by Frank150: 8:50am On Aug 01, 2022
Its a good one.. if they will break prison and release him
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by sinkhole: 8:50am On Aug 01, 2022
shocked
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by TA4TA4: 8:50am On Aug 01, 2022
He deserves no mercy
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by backnbeta(f): 8:50am On Aug 01, 2022
Solution is to send all Abokey mai-guard away because registration of foreigners doesn't mean they can't harm the people they are guarding! Sadly, they are the only people readily available for the job...but then, we can strengthen our local vigilante undecided

1 Like

Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by Ixodes(m): 8:51am On Aug 01, 2022
There are loads of Information to extract forcefully from him but our DSS will just turn him to an idol in their cell and start feeding him with states fund till his colleagues come to break him out

3 Likes

Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by Realtalk20: 8:52am On Aug 01, 2022
Tinubu will ensure this man is released.

All because we Christians refused to deny Christ and support a Muslim Muslim ticket .

How can we sons and daughters of Christ deny our saviour ?

How can any Christian support a Muslim Muslim ticket twhent he agenda is clearly to wipe Christianity out of Nigeria .

No I shall not deny Christ as Peter did. I stand on my Jehovah, my saviour, my lamb of Judah, my perfect daddy and say no to islamizatiiion.

Everyday they kill Christians in the north and cover it up .. the other day Deborah was burnt alive in Sokoto for saying holy spirit in a WhatsApp group.

Till today Jo one has been caught and they tell you that we Christians are equal with them. They have enforced wearing of human in Lagos state and ondo state .. imagine what will happen when Tinubu and his Muslim brotherhood enter Aso rock ...

They will force all schools in Nigeria to wear hijab and recite Koran ..

Tell me one time Tinubu has condemned Muslims excesses !! From forcing hijab to Deborah murder.

No way!! Christ is king and Christianity will never be silenced in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by TRUSTEDGUY: 8:52am On Aug 01, 2022
grin

Wenti Boko Harham leader dey do for Ogun? Small time dem go tell me say no b Muslims bomb church for Owo

Buhari administration is a failure in all proportions
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by Mandate2023: 8:52am On Aug 01, 2022
So ppl r still employing northerners as gate men
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by Riversstate: 8:52am On Aug 01, 2022
Na waoo
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by NmachiEbubechi: 8:53am On Aug 01, 2022
And you can't show his poverty ridden face?
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by Akinsete19(m): 8:53am On Aug 01, 2022
God save us
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by Taigaban: 8:53am On Aug 01, 2022
So every Boko Haram member is a commander? What qualify the criminal as commander?
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by taiwolomo1: 8:53am On Aug 01, 2022
Funny grin
Re: Security Operatives Arrest Boko Haram Commander In Ogun by Lovenorth: 8:54am On Aug 01, 2022
Nice one, Buhari is working

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How Brothers Behead Their Sister In Public, And Parade Her "Head" In Public / Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Shooting Igbo Ladipo Traders Yesterday (graphic) / Imagine A Sale Of Used Condoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.