Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,415 members, 7,861,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:30 AM

Times Portable Was Caught In Controversies (pt1) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Times Portable Was Caught In Controversies (pt1) (174 Views)

Times Portable Was Caught In Controversies (pt2) / Tonto Dikeh Reacts To Linda Ikeji's Pregnancy Controversies / The Man Afia Schwarzenegger Was Caught In Bed With (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Times Portable Was Caught In Controversies (pt1) by Azeemokoya: 7:11am On Aug 01, 2022
Controversial singer, Habeeb Okikiola aka Portable, has always been in the news for various reasons. Since his song, Zazoo Zeh, featuring rapper Olamide and dancer Poco Lee, became a hit on the streets, he has been involved in several dramas.

Fight with Poco Lee
His round of controversies began when he called out Iwe Pascal aka Poco Lee for claiming ownership of his song, ‘Zazoo Zeh’. He also said that the dancer has been receiving financial rewards for his work.

The singer’s action made his promoter, Quadri Taoreed aka Kogbagidi, to distance himself from him. Hence, the singer tendered an apology to Olamide, Kogbagidi, and Poco Lee.

Portable wrote on Instagram, “Now I know I’m not on this journey alone. Love you guys. I will never let you down again. Expect more from your boy. Zeh nation.”

Sexual assault
A Kenyan radio presenter, Maureen Imbai, aka Black Cinderella, had called out the singer and his team in February, 2022 over allegations of harassment. The singer and his team reportedly asked some Kenyan ladies to pass the night in their place but they refused. This made the singer and his team to harass and accuse them of theft.

Black Cinderella wrote on social media, “Drama in Nairobi. The ladies claim the sexual harassment started in the car they were picked in when he (Portable) attempted to grope her disrespectfully. She didn’t agree to it and they were threatened. Portable assaulted her physically while in the house.”

The singer later apologized for his actions.

Street fight
In a video clip, the singer was seen fighting on the street in Ota area of Ogun State. Security guards around tried to move him away from the scene but he was adamant.

He was later taken away after the windscreen of his Range Rover SUV was destroyed.

Separation from promoter
The fight at Ota occurred shortly after the singer parted ways with his promoter, Kogbagidi. The reason for their separation was linked to unending disagreement which included money issues.

In a video, the singer was seen wielding a baseball bat and screaming at Kogbagidi to return his Range Rover SUV.

Portable said in the video, “I gave you $500 and N500,000 twice. You have ripped me off. You know that you are a ripper.”

Meanwhile, Kogbagidi reacted on Instagram after the incident saying, “You don’t wrestle with a pig in the mud. You both get dirty but the pig likes it.”

Headies threat
The singer had threatened other artists who were in the same category with him at the 2022 Headies Award. The singer was nominated for Rookie of the Year and Street-Hop Artiste.

However, the singer said that if the organizers do not give him the award, he will kill the other contenders. Portable said on May 25, “Those are my awards. Anybody else who wins, I will ask them to kill the person. If the organizer gives my award to someone else, they will die.”

https://newsroundtheclock.com/times-portable-was-caught-in-controversies-pt1/

(1) (Reply)

Let Me Teach You How To Earn $20 - $60 Illegally And Daily As A Newbie / Shocking:kiss Daniel Accused Of Wanting To Use CHARMS To Perform In Tanzania / Kizz Daniel Apologises To His Tanzanian Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.