Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert (15300 Views)

Violent Clashes: Lagos Bans NURTW, Places RRS On Alert / Akeredolu Blows Hot Over Amotekun On Tv Program / North West Tops With 12 Commissioners Of Police, South East Only 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:28am On Aug 01, 2022
The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, Abiodun Alabi, has assured residents of adequate security following reports which suggested that the state is on the radar of some persons planning attacks across the country.

Alabi gave this assurance in a statement issued by the state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, on Sunday.

He said, “The command is also working closely with sister security agencies to ensure that no person or group of persons succeeds in destabilising the peace and serenity enjoyed by the good people of Lagos State.

“I want to use this medium to allay the fears of Lagosians and assure them that all human, material, and operational resources have been fully and optimally deployed across the length and breadth of the state, especially at border towns, towards ensuring there is absolutely no breach of the peace.

“Consequent to the carefully laid down security plans/strategies, all residents of Lagos State are urged to go about their lawful duties without panic or fear.

“Lagosians are equally enjoined to remain very vigilant and report suspicious movements and persons to security agencies.”

Earlier, Hundeyin, during a Twitter Space webinar, on Saturday, responded to questions from The PUNCH on reports of a possible planned attack on Lagos by terrorists and the readiness of the police, where he noted that the police were also getting intelligence reports.

Hundeyin had said, “We are working seriously with other security agencies. Many times that I am with the Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Alabi, the Department of State Services keeps sending intelligence reports to us.”

He said Lagos residents also needed to assist the police and other security agencies in providing them with timely information on suspicious movements.

Osun state

The Osun State Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation, Funke Egbemode, told The PUNCH that the government is doing its best to keep the state safe.

She however refused to disclose the strategies put in place to keep forest across the state safe for security reasons.

She said, “We are doing everything, just like we have done since 2018, we are going everything to keep Osun people safe.

“All our security agencies are collaborating to ensure safety for lives and property. We will keep Osun people safe, but I won’t disclose our strategies.”

Ogun state

The Ogun State Government has said the Amotekun Corps will repel infiltrators who may be planning any attack on the state through its forests.

The Special Adviser to the Ogun State Governor on Public Communication, Remi Hazzan, said this while speaking with one of our correspondents in Abeokuta on the planned attack by terrorists.

[b]Hazzan said the Amotekun Corps are manning local communities, while the police in the state await intelligence reports, adding that Ogun State was safe, despite being in the South-West believed to be under threa[/b]t.

He said, “For us in Ogun State, we have never shied away from the fact that security is a challenge and we would double all that we have done thus far to increase intelligentsia effort so that we do more of preventive crime instead of trying to do damage control after it has been done.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/terror-lagos-police-south-west-amotekun-on-alert/%3famp

1 Like

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by LoneWolf212: 7:31am On Aug 01, 2022
Buhari will be shocked to hear this.

10 Likes

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by Mokason288(m): 7:32am On Aug 01, 2022
Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by PandoraObi: 7:33am On Aug 01, 2022
Nice
Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by Offpointng: 7:37am On Aug 01, 2022
Where's Oyo??

2 Likes

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by Vickym1(f): 7:56am On Aug 01, 2022
Fulani want to take over Nigeria as their inheritance from danfodio..

13 Likes

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by orisa37: 8:20am On Aug 01, 2022
AMOTEKUN SHOULD BE WELL EQUIPPED AND BE ON THE ALERT NOW PLEASE IN ALL THE SIX YORUBA STATES.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 01, 2022
orisa37:
AMOTEKUN SHOULD BE WELL EQUIPPED AND BE ON THE ALERT NOW PLEASE IN ALL THE SIX YORUBA STATES.

Yes, they should. But will amotekun be enough to counter such firepower? My problem is that the Army and police with a commensurate firepower always side these terrorists when they operate south.

36 Likes

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by BIGDADDY000(m): 8:52am On Aug 01, 2022
Hmm, how very bad, NO WHERE TO RUN TO; BUHARI & APC satanic party make sure they destroyed this great country beyond repair,. Even if peter obi is eventually elected as president, it will take him several sweat to repair this country.

15 Likes

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by lifeandjoy: 8:52am On Aug 01, 2022
And tilunbu is quiet, all he cares about is his failed ambition.

Nigeria will be great again. Vote wisely, vote competence. Vote the anointed one Peter Obi.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by 6ixVille: 8:53am On Aug 01, 2022
Lol..una never see anything
Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by TimmyTen(m): 8:53am On Aug 01, 2022
The level of hunger in the land is a result of in increase in social vices.

I blame the evil party

1 Like

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by LibertyRep: 8:53am On Aug 01, 2022
Don't wait till they attack.
Take the fight to them in the forest and their hideouts.

Attack is the best form of defence.

30 Likes

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 01, 2022
This is APC'S legacy. Later they will talking about competence while belittling a huge section of the population.

We need Peter Obi/Datti

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by barbstee(m): 8:53am On Aug 01, 2022
Ok

Being vigilant is necessary
Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by donbenie(m): 8:53am On Aug 01, 2022
T
Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by Loldorable: 8:53am On Aug 01, 2022
H

1 Like

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:53am On Aug 01, 2022
Dey go still enter, nobody can stop Dem. The Bois are coming.

1 Like

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by TA4TA4: 8:54am On Aug 01, 2022
No be small thing ooo... I hope you guys are also well armed cause the kind guns and bullets at the terrorists disposal no be here ooo....

Give them wotowoto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG9jZeRk5ps

1 Like

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by NmachiEbubechi: 8:54am On Aug 01, 2022
shocked
Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by Mko123(m): 8:54am On Aug 01, 2022
Good. Not should happen to the people in west ooooo. Or else.......
Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by Realtalk20: 8:54am On Aug 01, 2022
This is what happens when we Christians allow ourselves to be weakened.

All because we Christians refused to deny Christ and support a Muslim Muslim ticket .

How can we sons and daughters of Christ deny our saviour ?

How can any Christian support a Muslim Muslim ticket twhent he agenda is clearly to wipe Christianity out of Nigeria .

No I shall not deny Christ as Peter did. I stand on my Jehovah, my saviour, my lamb of Judah, my perfect daddy and say no to islamizatiiion.

Everyday they kill Christians in the north and cover it up .. the other day Deborah was burnt alive in Sokoto for saying holy spirit in a WhatsApp group.

Till today Jo one has been caught and they tell you that we Christians are equal with them. They have enforced wearing of human in Lagos state and ondo state .. imagine what will happen when Tinubu and his Muslim brotherhood enter Aso rock ...

They will force all schools in Nigeria to wear hijab and recite Koran ..

Tell me one time Tinubu has condemned Muslims excesses !! From forcing hijab to Deborah murder.

No way!! Christ is king and Christianity will never be silenced in Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by TRUSTEDGUY: 8:54am On Aug 01, 2022
;Di

The Nigerian Police wan fight terrorists
See clowns
Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by melody91: 8:54am On Aug 01, 2022
6ixVille:
Lol..una never see anything
what do u mean.. u well ?undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by MuslimIgbo: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2022
Nice
Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by Frank150: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2022
They are coming to take over lagos

1 Like

Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by wittywriter: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2022
No security in Nigeria.......we that are yet facing harm or death from the insecurities are just plain lucky because of some factors like location!....

©Wittyness
Re: Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert by Grace001: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2022
Where is the peace and unity ?

Useless failed country, you put people of different nations together forcing them to be ONE.

You put people who don’t value human life with those who considered life to be scared. Those who want education and those who consider western education Haram.

Nigeria is a country of many nations there is no way peace can be achieved with that kind of settings.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu's Supporters Donates Relief Items To Flood Victims in Jigawa / Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: / I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.