Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Trump’s Kosovo Envoy Slams US Over Crisis - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump’s Kosovo Envoy Slams US Over Crisis (509 Views)

Niger: France Backs Down, To Withdraw Envoy, Troops / Republic of Serbia And Kosovo Are On The Verge Of War (pictures) / Opposition Party Sets Off Tear Gas Inside Kosovo Parliament(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump’s Kosovo Envoy Slams US Over Crisis by Teaser4(m): 8:09am On Aug 01, 2022
Richard Grenell blames “fascist” Kosovo PM for tensions, calls out the State Department for backing him

Richard Grenell, who negotiated a Kosovo-Serbia deal under the Trump administration after a turn in charge of the US intelligence community, blamed the “reckless” prime minister in Pristina for the renewed tensions with Belgrade on Sunday and slammed the State Department for enabling him.

What’s happening in the Balkans isn’t Russia. Whoever says this to you is trying to manipulate you,” Grenell tweeted on Sunday evening. “This is about Albin Kurti trying once again to give it [to] Serbia. He is living in the past.”

The people of Kosovo want peace and jobs, Albin. Stop picking fights,” Grenell added.

Serbian military was placed on high alert and local Serbs put up roadblocks earlier in the day, after Kosovo police showed up at two administrative crossings with Serbia, intending to enforce Kurti’s decision to confiscate Serbian license plates and documents. This would have effectively cut off the remaining Serbs living in the north of the breakaway province.

According to Grenell, this was all about Kurti “making unilateral moves to reject Serbian IDs and license plates inside Kosovo,” which he called “unnecessary.”

Describing the PM a “far left radical and experienced fascist,” Grenell further called his actions “foolish” and “reckless,” and urged Serbian leaders to “not take the bait.”

Even the Albanians know Kurti is the problem,” Grenell tweeted. He also blamed Secretary of State Antony Blinken, who met with Kurti and Kosovo president Vjosa Osmani earlier in the week.

US President Joe Biden has “ignored the Balkans,” the envoy added, pointing out that he had negotiated multiple agreements between Kosovo and Serbia under President Donald Trump, trying to overcome the conflict through economic cooperation. Grenell also accused the EU of orchestrating war crimes charges against Kosovo President Hashim Thaci to punish him for working with Trump – resulting in Kurti and Osmani taking power.

During the Trump presidency, Grenell was US ambassador to Germany, a special envoy for Kosovo, and acting Director of National Intelligence (February-May 2020).

Kurti is a former student activist, whose Self-determination (Vetevendosje) party advocated independence for the breakaway province, refused all negotiations with Belgrade, and even championed unification with Albania. He had become prime minister in early 2020, but was ousted after just over a month in a no-confidence vote. He returned to power a year later, with a two-thirds majority.

In the last minutes of Sunday, Kurti’s government announced that it would “postpone” the implementations of its document policy, after a request from the US ambassador in Pristina, Jeffrey Hovenier.

NATO occupied Kosovo in 1999, after a 78-day air war against what was then Yugoslavia. The province declared independence in 2008, with Western support. While the US and most of its allies have recognized it, Serbia, Russia, China and the UN in general have not.

Source RTnews

Re: Trump’s Kosovo Envoy Slams US Over Crisis by Teaser4(m): 8:12am On Aug 01, 2022
I think it’s time for ww3, make everyone’s doubt clear at once…. I no Dey like read news of any tension anywhere, launch the damn war…. Some nuisance needs to be sent to afterly, the earth needs cleansing….

1 Like

Re: Trump’s Kosovo Envoy Slams US Over Crisis by doctorexcel: 8:29am On Aug 01, 2022
Show of force everywhere
russia - ukraine
serbia - kosovo. Na persin whey chop belle-ful dey fight. Abegi to even defeat bokoharam, iswap and unknown gun men na wahala. No need to add concrete to naija's problem. Nigeria na gentle man land o, we no sabi fight, na only mouth we get
Re: Trump’s Kosovo Envoy Slams US Over Crisis by Teaser4(m): 8:38am On Aug 01, 2022
doctorexcel:
Show of force everywhere
russia - ukraine
serbia - kosovo. Na persin whey chop belle-ful dey fight. Abegi to even defeat bokoharam, iswap and unknown gun men na wahala. No need to add concrete to naija's problem. Nigeria na gentle man land o, we no sabi fight, na only mouth we get
shey na sarcasm be that lol, some parts of Ukraine is safer than Nigeria….abeg no make me laugh oo… you probably stay in Lagos, I go like those wey core north and some parts of the east to comment….

Re: Trump’s Kosovo Envoy Slams US Over Crisis by doctorexcel: 8:56am On Aug 01, 2022
Teaser4:
shey na sarcasm be that lol, some parts of Ukraine is safer than Nigeria….abeg no make me laugh oo… you probably stay in Lagos, I go like those wey core north and some parts of the east to comment….
Bro, there is a wide difference between insurrection and war. What we have in naija is child's play compare to daily shelling and bombing in ukraine. Imagine having a warplane flying over your head or a warship pack close to your community. God forbid naija's case getting to that. Where man-pikin wan run to? I no get yankee visa or chinco own. I beg no reason naija matter go that level

2 Likes

Re: Trump’s Kosovo Envoy Slams US Over Crisis by Teaser4(m): 9:45am On Aug 01, 2022
doctorexcel:

Bro, there is a wide difference between insurrection and war. What we have in naija is child's play compare to daily shelling and bombing in ukraine. Imagine having a warplane flying over your head or a warship pack close to your community. God forbid naija's case getting to that. Where man-pikin wan run to? I no get yankee visa or chinco own. I beg no reason naija matter go that level
You have a point sha…. Nah true. Have a great day bro

1 Like

Re: Trump’s Kosovo Envoy Slams US Over Crisis by Dvdpity: 10:30am On Aug 01, 2022
We all have seen what USA is doing in Europe, Asia middle East Africa and South America. Every where they are causing crisis and deaths. And doesn't care who are killed. But things will get nasty soon for them.

1 Like

Re: Trump’s Kosovo Envoy Slams US Over Crisis by DerrickzB: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2022
It is the trademark of america to cause confusion and war everywhere!! Some miscreants would still say Russia has a hand in this!!

1 Like

Re: Trump’s Kosovo Envoy Slams US Over Crisis by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:56am On Aug 01, 2022
Biden the evil globalization cult man that wants to lead the world to world War three.

1 Like

Re: Trump’s Kosovo Envoy Slams US Over Crisis by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2022
Teaser4:
I think it’s time for ww3, make everyone’s doubt clear at once…. I no Dey like read news of any tension anywhere, launch the damn war…. Some nuisance needs to be sent to afterly, the earth needs cleansing….

Sharap there, ogogoro drinker, go and start the war na, mumu, Nyamiri flat head drug addict talking from his pit toilet cos his life doesn't matter to anyone,
Re: Trump’s Kosovo Envoy Slams US Over Crisis by leofab(f): 4:15pm On Aug 01, 2022
doctorexcel:
Show of force everywhere
russia - ukraine
China Taiwan..Rwanda Congo.. Egypt n Ethiopia.. soon Nigeria and Cameroon will resume their bakassi crisis
Re: Trump’s Kosovo Envoy Slams US Over Crisis by Teaser4(m): 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2022
leofab:
China Taiwan..Rwanda Congo.. Egypt n Ethiopia.. soon Nigeria and Cameroon will resume their bakassi crisis
USA na instigator

(1) (Reply)

Donbass Referendum Results Revealed / Rishi Sunak Is The New British Prime Minister / According To Kyiv, As Of November 11, The Following Were Under Russian Control:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.