Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? (4789 Views)

Ibadan Poly Bans Students From Driving, Bringing Cars, Power Bikes To Campus / Young Promising Auchi Poly Student Shot Dead After Police Label Him ‘yahoo Boy' / AAU Students Shut Down Edo With Bikes, Trucks For Not Having Light (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by HarlequinLekex: 9:40am On Aug 01, 2022
Some cars owners or drivers who just learnt how to drive or not very good at driving usually label their vehicle with the sign L to indicate learner while new bike users[not very good at it] or learners don't use the label.Why?

1 Like

Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by hisgrace090: 9:51am On Aug 01, 2022
Bike that any Gov can wake up to ban anyhow does not require such thing especially in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by Itooweak4una: 10:43am On Aug 01, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Some cars owners or drivers who just learnt how to drive or not very good at driving usually label their vehicle with the sign L to indicate learner while new bike users[not very good at it] or learners don't use the label.Why?

N.b: this is my personal opinion
Bike can't have learner sign because if you are to be a learner you can never sit comfortably and ride it. It requires skill and experience to be able to conveniently ride a bike. Unlike a vehicle that you can sit in it comfortably and kickstart it. If you try that with a bike, you will meet yourself on the floor or worse you might crash into something dangerous.

26 Likes

Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by GreatAxeMan: 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2022
The Highway Code actually stipulates that all road users who have less than 6 months experience are expected to tag their vehicles with the learner symbol, regardless of whether they're driving cars or riding bikes.

HarlequinLekex:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by annisy(f): 1:04pm On Aug 01, 2022
To add to your question
Why is it that drivers license is not a requirement for bike and Keke are they not road users

2 Likes

Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by shortgun(m): 1:38pm On Aug 01, 2022
annisy:
To add to your question
Why is it that drivers license is not a requirement for bike and Keke are they not road users
There's riders permit for bikes
There's also for keke
Also, the drivers license has different classes for different types of vehicles.
The license of a trailer driver is different from the license of car driver...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by timay1: 1:38pm On Aug 01, 2022
annisy:
To add to your question

Actually there's a class of Driver's license for Bike. Enforcement is not just as strong compared to car owners.

1 Like

Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by majamajic(m): 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
HarlequinLekex:

It's because u can easily go kill yourself alone without bringing people in , not in case of cars
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by Jollyman19: 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2022
Many atimes the geniune reasons some Nigerians use that L tag is just to cover up the waiting period of driver license. Like an excuse of no driving license yet. Once they have license,I bet you they wouldn't want to be seen as a new driver with that L tag even if they're yet to drive well.
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by rasheedoh: 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
Always wondered too.
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by Faber(m): 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2022
HarlequinLekex:

That's very simple, it's easier to crush people as an amateur car driver than as an amateur biker.

Amateur biker, na you go first crush yourself. Wound wey you go collect no be here. So most people are almost perfect with bikes before entering the highways, cos they know they will probably crush themselves first.

So no need for learners sign on bikes...
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by wiseone28: 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2022
What about bicycle users too?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by cayorday89(m): 5:14pm On Aug 01, 2022
HarlequinLekex:

Good question, but I have no idea why it is like that..

My quick thinking and Naija mentality says that you as a bicycle learner do not pose any threat to any other person except yourself compared to a car learner who needs to be careful and others need to know so that they can easily keep distance and watch out for any mishap form the learner for their own safety and that of the learner driver.

And if you as a bicycle learner carry yourself enter major road na you come sabi ooooo.
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by YeePeyHaa: 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2022
L means Learner

Bikes too do
I have seen a bike with it but she was a woman
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by Holybaddo: 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
I don't know oo
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by Marketgists(f): 8:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
Na mumu dey ride bike/bicycle
Smart people drive car
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by Generalwoodz(m): 8:45pm On Aug 01, 2022
I've seen people do it on so many occasions; and while I observed how they'd smartly hop and kick start, In my head I'd always say, " this is easy and doesn't require practice."

It rained cat and dog the day it happened.

I was on my drinking coke and reclining when an unseen persuasive man voiced audibly, " Take the key, open and take the bike out." I allowed the voice to take charge and propelled me.

I did as instructed. I was checking myself out in the bike's mirror and paid no attention to my heavily breasted neighbor who washed her clothes in a black bucket.

Now, the voice entered again sharply like lightning, and like a man in total control of his horse, I sat down and behaved like all the people I've watched in the past.

The bright green light in the speedometer came alive as I inserted the key into the ignition...or what is it called? hehehe

First, kick!... the bike. SILENT.

second kick...the bike. Very silent.

Now, whenever I recall the incident of that late evening, I would think had the bike started on my first kick I'd have ridden it without destroying things.

As I kicked relentlessly, and if that heavily breasted neighbor observed she would notice an outward appearance that looked so calm.

However, on the inside, I was petrified with fear, had chaotic thoughts, and contemplated returning it to where I dragged it out from.

My right leg was hurting and I could feel the slippers getting weak as I kicked like Cotonu okada riders.

Maybe it was the 17 or 18 kick.

And then it happened! And I was unprepared, utterly clueless, and bland.

The bike cried and flew off like it was high on methane but I held strong and sat on it like a commando.

I'd have climbed the breasts of my heavily breasted neighbor if she hadn't fled with a soapy white pant in hand.

I hit and destroyed her bucket.

The bike cried on because I had my hands on...

Now, all these occurred in the back yard and at this point, people were coming out like ants from holes and watched the scenario with keen interest.

Somebody was shouting. It wasn't my audience but me.

Mummy ooo. Something along those lines.

Whiskey the dog barked and ran off.

The slay mama goat followed immediately with her mischievous kids...

Finally. I crashed and my spellbound audience cried JESUS!

I crashed into a small plantation of Bananas and the bike was still crying.

I ran out barefooted smelling like a banana.

1 Like

Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by cranehomecar: 8:50pm On Aug 01, 2022
https://www.cranehomecare.com/
Crane Home Care
At Crane Home Health Care, we provide senior, disability, and specialty in-home care services
Crane Home Care takes every precaution to ensure that our caregivers are qualified, trustworthy and capable of delivering the best care to your loved one.
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by BrutusOj(m): 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
majamajic:

It's because u can easily go kill yourself alone without bringing people in , not in case of cars
You are wrong bros. Do you know how many lives okada riders have wasted through their careless driving?
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by KingofTheStreet: 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
i had it on my bike when i was learning how to ride it.
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by Kenmatt(m): 10:23pm On Aug 01, 2022
Bikes do too, just that you have not seen it as it is not common in this part of the World.

Even the Driving License most of you talked has grades or classes which indicate the structure or the size of Vehicle you are to pull but in most cases, all these are not even subjected into consideration.

If not now that the Government and FRSC have woken up, one will just dash into any FRSC Office or Driving School to get a Driving License when he or she has a zero knowledge of driving, as it use to be the most valid ID for banking operations
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by GlamourTunes: 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2022
Get your PVC first �
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 12:42am On Aug 02, 2022
Itooweak4una:

N.b: this is my personal opinion
Bike can't have learner sign because if you are to be a learner you can never sit comfortably and ride it. It requires skill and experience to be able to conveniently ride a bike. Unlike a vehicle that you can sit in it comfortably and kickstart it. If you try that with a bike, you will meet yourself on the floor or worse you might crash into something dangerous.

you are very correct, in summary, when a bike Lerner approaches crowded place, everyone take off before impact because there must be impact.
Re: Why Do CARS Have This LABEL And BIKES Don't? by majamajic(m): 5:43am On Aug 02, 2022
BrutusOj:
You are wrong bros. Do you know how many lives okada riders have wasted through their careless driving?

Yes they do

(1) (Reply)

Do Laspotech Consider Oscotech Esa Oke's Result For Hnd Admission? / Requirements To Study Medicine In Uniben. / Esut Issues Diclaimer Over African Thinkers Community Publications!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.