Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

How Is A Baby Delivered? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Is A Baby Delivered? (1596 Views)

Amazing!!!world’s First Transplant Baby Delivered / ‘two-headed’ Baby Delivered In Katsina / A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is A Baby Delivered? by jossy26: 6:27am On Aug 02, 2011
I am just wondering,what if a woman goes into labour in d midnyt and they couldn't get to the hospital due to distance, can a man take delivery of the baby and how?
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 02, 2011
^^^ Yes, a man can take delivery of a baby, in the absense of midwives, and at home. I would search on Youtube - there are lots of informative video clips on the birth process for non-medical individuals.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 02, 2011
If I was in such a situation, I would called someone experience to help me. Like my mom.

But if i was stuck with a pregnant woman, and there was no help, I'd probably die before the baby comes.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by jossy26: 8:01am On Aug 02, 2011
Thanks Sienna, I would like to see the videos or any other information,my place is a bit far away from the hospital she registered for prenatal and I can't b watching her go through pains without knowing what to do
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by ng4am(f): 10:25am On Aug 02, 2011
A man who is not a midwife or a dr can nt deliver a baby, and labour is nt what comes and u deliver immediate.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by jossy26: 10:34am On Aug 02, 2011
@Ng4am, I need more info pls
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by ng4am(f): 10:49am On Aug 02, 2011
If it her 1st pregnancy it may last 4 up to 6 to 8hrs. There re 3 phases of labour.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by ng4am(f): 10:56am On Aug 02, 2011
Take her to hospital when her contractions is 10 to 15mins apart, since ur house is far 4rm d hospital.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2011
ng4am:

A man who is not a midwife or a dr can nt deliver a baby, and labour is nt what comes and u deliver immediate.

Your analysis is incorrect. It doesn't take only doctors, nurses or midwives to deliver a baby. All it takes is common sense, basic hygiene and a calm disposition. Unless there are complications, a layman can be talked through the birthing process by someone with experience, on the other end of the phone.

Babies have been born in taxi cabs, assisted by the cab drivers. Unless you're telling me these taxi drivers are all medical doctors, masquerading as cab drivers?
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by ng4am(f): 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2011
Am saying is nt adviceble 4 a non professional to do that cos u cnt tel when there wil be complications.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by jossy26: 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2011
Thanks Sienna,so what are d basic things to do to help her just in case, I pray the time will be very comfortable for ‎​♏ε to take her to the hospital immediately buh dnt know what can happen
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by ifyalways(f): 4:15pm On Aug 02, 2011
jossy26:

Thanks Sienna,so what are d basic things to do to help her just in case, I pray the time will be very comfortable for ‎​♏ε to take her to the hospital immediately buh dnt know what can happen
Good to be prepared for eventualities but as much as its possible,a professional or an experienced hand especially if its the first time.

Birthing and/or labour does not start or end instanta . , Your wife should at least have an EDD(expected date of delivery) to work with,get your wife close to the hospital or bring in an experienced hand.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by N101: 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2011
jossy26:

I am just wondering,what if a woman goes into labour in d midnyt and they couldn't get to the hospital due to distance, can a man take delivery of the baby and how?

Yes he can - I have a friend who did before the midwife could get there.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by chidyke77(m): 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2011
ng4am:

Am saying is nt adviceble 4 a non professional to do that cos u cnt tel when there wil be complications.
yes,bt in a difficult situation u hv to do it bcoz u hv no other alternative and her only lifeline is u.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2011
ng4am:

I think you're missing the essence of this thread. No one plans to have a brick layer or black smith deliver their baby. I'm sure Jossy isn't planning on delivering his baby. What he's asking is, in an emergency situation, can he deliver his wife of the baby? He's not asking if it's advisable.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2011
There's a good video clip here showing you what to do, if your baby decides to make an unexpected appearance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pOSNcEOaTI&playnext=1&list=PLA996BF0FFE3B0074
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by jossy26: 8:18am On Aug 03, 2011
Thanks Sienna, really appreciate,won't mind someone that av done that before to share his experience. Thanks again,I av seen d video
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by blank(f): 8:32am On Aug 09, 2011
@ Poster, when your wife puts to bed, please come back and tell us so that we can thank God with you. I think your wife is the NLander Taryour? I wish u both success and God's favour.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by ronkebp(f): 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2011
the best thing is to make sure she gets to the hospital on time, there are definitely signs that shows that the baby is ready to come out, when you see those signs, start rushing to the hospital, there is no point waiting till the last minute, there are times that the baby might have changed his/her positions, with head up and legs down, or the baby might be in a transverse position, what can a husband do at that time? except he is doctor/nurse/midwife, so it is better to be safe than sorry.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by tifan12(f): 11:56pm On Aug 09, 2011
you go to Delivery centre. Or  you go to friend that did previous the midwife know  there.

[url]http://myjebin..com/[url]
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by tpia5: 12:24am On Aug 10, 2011
check youtube.

undecided undecided lipsrsealed
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by ng4am(f): 2:11pm On Aug 10, 2011
@ronkedp, thanx that exactly what am trying to tel him.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by fm7070: 8:35am On Aug 25, 2011
human being is not a car that you can fiddle with anyhow.
Better you get an experienced hand. You don't know how the child is coming, maybe coming with leg or other places. Ofcourse head is the best and easiest. To avoid more complication in a complicated issue, get an expert.
Meanwhile, do you live in the wilderness? that you can't think of a nurse in your neighbourhood or church??
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by tpia5: 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2011
Good question.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by jossy26: 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2011
Want to thank God my wife delivered a baby boy yesterday, appreciate all the contributors to the thread, no more worries, atleast for now, Am Happy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by blank(f): 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2011
Thank God 4 a safe delivery. Enjoy ur son o and take good care of madam.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by ronkebp(f): 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2011
CONGRATULATIONS.!!!!!! Jossy26, God bless the 'little love'.
Re: How Is A Baby Delivered? by iaabc(f): 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2011
Congratulations!

(1) (Reply)

Missing Boy / Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? / Two Sisters Marrying The Same Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.