Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,985 members, 7,952,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:16 AM

Urgent Letter To Atiku Abubakar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urgent Letter To Atiku Abubakar (292 Views)

PDP Primary: Makarfi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory / PDP Primary: Tambuwal Finally Speaks On Loss To Atiku, Reveals Next Action / Urgent Letter To Acting President Yemi Osibanjo.... RE: LEAH SHAIBU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Letter To Atiku Abubakar by eeetuk(m): 1:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
Urgent Letter to Atiku Abubakar
By eeetuk

Dear Mr. Abubakar,
I am writing you this letter for three reasons. First, I write to congratulate you on your hard-won victory during the PDP party primaries election. It was a damn good job you and your campaign did to come out with the victory. You beat sitting state governors, Nigerian senators and whole lot more in free and fair election. In my view, only selfish and sour losers can complain against your victory.

And second, I write to warn and caution you about dealing with River’s state governor Nyesom wike. Governor Wike is a trouble maker. And here are some factual events to learn something about governor Wike: In April 2020, governor Wike arrested 22 EXXON Mobil workers—who were flown from Akwa Ibom State to lodge in River’s state hotel and took them to jail over what he described as covid-19 violation (see The Guardian newspaper, 2020). Given that these oil workers were cleared by the Nigerian authority to lodge in River’s state, I think governor Wike bad temper really damaged both the credibility of Nigerians at home and abroad. Nigeria is a country known for peace and human hospitality—a key part of our heritage culture. Governor Wike does not like peace. He likes escalation of violence. So, your continuous attempt to make peace with Mr. Wike plays into what he wants: divide Ijaw voters and disrupt your plan to win 2023 presidential election.

Furthermore, Governor Wike has been accused of trying to harm former transportation minister, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi because Wike felt that(a) Mr. Amaechi did come to handover ceremony in 2015 to formally hand over power to him and (b) because Mr. Amaechi has accused wike of drinking too much (see Politics Nigeria, March 12, 2021). These were serious allegations against governor Wike—which if they were properly investigated, could have prevented Mr. Nyesom Wike from becoming governor of Rivers state in 2015.

Third, after the PDP primaries election was over—in which you won decisively, Governor Wike went on TVS and Radios accusing the southern governors of abandoning him to choose you. This sounded like someone who has drinking problem. It is hard to justify governor Wike condemnation of the Southern leaders otherwise.

Finally, I would caution you, Mr. Atiku Abubakar very seriously about whether bringing governor wike into your campaign will serve your best interest and the interest of Nigeria in particular. Governor Wike outright condemnation of southern governor after he lost the party primaries, the refusal of Rotimi Amaechi to hand over power to Mr. Wike in 2015 and allegation by Rotimi Amaechi that Nyesom Wike has drinking problem have been corroborated by governor Wike frequent anger over nothing.

*Please do not make deal with governor Nysesom Wike to support your candidacy because it will send a wrong message out that you pay to play and align yourself with fascism.

(1) (Reply)

Caging Insecurity: Situating Gen. Buratai’s New Recipe / Wole Soyinka Distance Himself From Anti Tinubu Chants About His Health / People Shouting Vote Peter Obi Don't Have PVC, A Nigerian Youth Reacts [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.