Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement (66981 Views)

Sule Abdullahi On Sanusi: Ganduje Called To Ask If I Would Accept Deposed Emir / Emir Sanusi's Home In Awe, Nasarawa State After Dethronement (Photos) / Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by dre11(m): 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2022
Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State and the former Emir of Kano, Khalifa Muhammadu Sanusi II, met at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja, on Monday.

This is the first time that both men would be seen together since Ganduje dethroned Sanusi in 2020.

In a short clip capturing their meeting, the former Emir and Ganduje could be seen shaking hands at a lounge in the airport as the latter grinned.

The governor had removed the monarch on March 9, 2020, over what he described as “total disrespect to lawful instructions from the office of the governor”.

Sanusi was also banished from Kano and sent to Loko, a remote community in Nasarawa State, while the expenses of the emirate under him were probed.

One year later, the governor said he took the decision to save the system and the traditional institution from abuse.

Speaking at the presentation of a book on former President Goodluck Jonathan, authored by a journalist, Mr. Bonaventure Melah, Ganduje said Sanusi was not the best man for the throne, alleging that the deposed emir was appointed to spite former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Jonathan had in April 2014 removed Sanusi as governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) over claims by the ex-CBN governor that $49 billion was stolen by some persons under the Jonathan administration.

Faulting Sanusi’s public outburst over the alleged fraud, Ganduje said the ex-CBN governor ought to have discussed the matter privately with the former president who in turn could have directed an investigation into the allegation.

“Jonathan took a bold step in [removing] Sanusi as CBN governor, which created bad blood in certain circles.

“When Sanusi said $49 billion was lost in Jonathan’s government, I said in my mind that no, you could have discussed with him (Jonathan) privately.

“You could have given him this clue and then he would know how to investigate even before those who had stolen the money would find a way of hiding the money.

“That statement, I said in my mind was not honourable. That statement created bad blood… Sanusi was appointed Emir of Kano not because he was the best man for the throne but to retaliate what Jonathan did to him.

“That was in order to prove that what Jonathan did to him was wrong and that the people of Kano wanted their son as emir and, therefore, they decided to appoint him as emir. But when he was appointed, there were a lot of demonstrations with people burning tyres here and there. But because of government backing, he was sustained on the stool.

“When I became governor, (that’s why you will laugh), I said yes, Jonathan medicine is an important medicine.

“That medicine, even though I am not a medical doctor, but that medicine would serve the same purpose, for the same disease and for the same patient.

“So I took my Jonathan medicine and decided to save the system, to save the institution and I applied it effectively. So Jonathan and I are on the same page. Actually, I have no regrets.”

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-sanusi-ganduje-reunite-in-abuja-airport-two-years-after-dethronement

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by GOFRONT(m): 8:20pm On Aug 01, 2022
$49b

All I see in the article is dollar dollar and dollar in Billions........Even the "DOLLAR" Crooner whose 2020 studio album brought him to Limelight and later hit the number one spot of MTVbase top chat show, Gandollar as he is known Worldwide as his Stage name is not also left out in the picture at the NAIA today.

Well, It is the Lord's doing for Ganduje cos everything that revolve around him has to do with dollars.

2023 is fast approaching.......I want my PVC to be Yuseful by then.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by DrBrainstorm(m): 8:21pm On Aug 01, 2022
Awaiting the day the Bahaushes(Hausas) will liberate themselves from the claws of their Fulani masters. Alas! That day might never come.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by God1000(m): 8:21pm On Aug 01, 2022
I think the world of emir Sanusi, history will remember him for always standing on the side of truth

Governor Ganduje is very vindictive and deplorable

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by Nova1982: 8:21pm On Aug 01, 2022
grin
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by mach7(m): 8:21pm On Aug 01, 2022
Great news!
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by campbelljosh(m): 8:21pm On Aug 01, 2022
Fake reunion grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:21pm On Aug 01, 2022
TWO GREAT MEN

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:21pm On Aug 01, 2022
campbelljosh:
Fake reunion grin
E pain u say dem reunite abi......

8 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by OmoleJay: 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
That's good.
What else??
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by ShenTeh(m): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
It is a Sule and Abu affair.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by NwaNimo1(m): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by fasho01(m): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
How is meeting at an airport reuniting

7 Likes

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by MEGA4BILLION(m): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
By May next year both of them will answer former...

10 Likes

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by Farid24224(m): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
A great Emir....Girman kujeranka!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by richard870(m): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
Hogwash
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by iscom(m): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
OK
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by iSense247: 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
post=115291465:
TWO GREAT MEN
Ex-APC Presidential Aspirant Dumps Tinubu, Endorses Peter Obi
“Everything about the man is shady—from his name, state of origin, the schools attended, certificates received; his record in America to his true source of income, let alone any true intention of seeking the presidency, apart from an arrogant claim that it is his turn to rule Nigeria.
In short, neither Atiku nor Tinubu can in good conscience campaign against corruption.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/ex-apc-presidential-aspirant-ogbonnia-dumps-tinubu-endorses-obi/

7 Likes

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by Sheriman(m): 8:23pm On Aug 01, 2022
You won make exchange blows before? Anyways all na fake laugh and smile. Dem go cause themselves for private
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by DWJOBScom(m): 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
There is no unity there abeg

They shared the same lounge while waiting for their planes

Funny beings

GEJ don suffer sha
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by seunaj: 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
Ganduje removed Sanusi for trying to enlighten the oppressed and suppressed majority of the northern populace, I mean the majority hausas subjugated by the minority fulani immigrant. This same Ganduje is the one that told the Osun people to vote for the Muslim candidate, this same Ganduje is the one that told an Emir that they have advised Tinubu to pick a Muslim running mate and he has accepted.
These are the people that Tinubu has surrounded himself with. Nothing good can come out of Tinubu's government UNLESS he brakes himself off the neck of these radicals.

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by directonpc(m): 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
Congrats
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by Odetokun3(m): 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
Super story.

The deposed king suppose don die tey tey since Abacha time when the emir was involved in the killing of a Christian student for alleged blasphemy. All other culprits were killed except him. So anything he offers. You may need to take it!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by Urchmandee(m): 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
Fear North.
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by tarantino1: 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2022
Wow

It's been two years already
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by NaijaMutant(f): 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2022
Ganduje is going to spite him further with every opportunity he gets.

Very vindictive man.
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by Solitechworld(m): 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2022
Odetokun3:
Super story.

The deposed king suppose don die tey tey since Abacha time when the emir was involved in the killing of a Christian student for alleged blasphemy. All other culprits were killed except him. So anything he offers. You may need to take it!

You Sha like to cook up lies just to tarnish people's image! How do you sleep at night self?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by jeeqaa7(m): 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2022
Nonsense
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by floss(m): 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by jeeqaa7(m): 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2022
Nonsense .
Re: Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement by Antoeni(m): 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2022
Any Time I Hear the Name Ganduje it Reminds me of how Gov Wike Described How he was Put Bunch of Dollars in His Babariga

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Officer Shoots Omoyele Sowore / if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics / Edo Election: PDP Supporters Jubilate After Results Announcement At Oba Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.