Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Aunty Monkey! Aunt Monkey! Auntie Monkey! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Aunty Monkey! Aunt Monkey! Auntie Monkey! (255 Views)

My Aunty Always Comes Into My Room Without Excuse / My Aunt's Husband Is A Monitoring Demon. / Seeing Dead Aunty In My Dreams Repeatedly. I Need Any Solutions Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aunty Monkey! Aunt Monkey! Auntie Monkey! by bummyla(m): 9:04am On Aug 02, 2022
Yesterday, I was exchanging banters with one of my childhood friends, along the line he jokingly called me “Ole” spontaneously I replied “Nwanne Ole” He busted into rib cracking laughs, “I no be your brother Oooo!” he responded, “Swear you no be my brother!” I countered him.

We had a jolly good conversation last night, even though we have not seen face to face for a year now.

Him calling me “Ole” and me responding “Nwanne Ole” brought back bitter sweet memories of my unemployment days.

Almost four years after NYSC, I went to live with an aunty, who used to call me monkey every time we are alone in the house or in the kitchen. And I did not like it and it had started affecting me mentally! I have started believing her, that I was too ugly to be gainfully employed.

This went on for months, till one day I was alone in their house, and I stumbled onto discovery channel, and that day, they were showing a monkey documentary.
https://jesus.bingo

I saw a couple of monkeys that looked like me, and I was greatly depressed, so this woman is right, I looked like these animals, this is what people see when they interview me for jobs, that’s why no one wants to employ me! Who wants to employ a monkey?

After wallowing in self-pity, I stood up to turn off the television, and I stood transfixed!

They just showed a monkey that looked like my aunty! And I was beyond shocked! I couldn’t believe my eyes! This monkey just looked like my aunty!

It took me a while to process what was going on in me!
https://jesus.bingo/aunty-monkey-aunt-monkey-auntie-monkey/?_thumbnail_id=25815

I pulled their center table closer to the telly to peruse this nursing monkey the film crew decided to concentrate on for a great deal! The more I watched, the more I saw my aunt in the monkey!

It then dawned on me! If I am a monkey, my aunty is a monkey too!

I was so excited that day! I was mentally, spiritually and emotionally emancipated! And it felt so good! I got my self confidence back.
https://jesus.bingo/aunty-monkey-aunt-monkey-auntie-monkey/?_thumbnail_id=25815

The next time she called me monkey, I respectfully replied her “Aunty monkey” She was shocked, she asked me to repeat what I just said, and I replied her “If am a monkey like you always call me, you are my blood! My aunty, that makes you a monkey too, so you are aunty monkey”

Since that day she stopped calling me monkey.

(1) (Reply)

Deceptive Inheritance: Dotun’s “Unborn” Existing Child Versus Morenikeji. / Please Help / Chefastore And Logistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.