Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Left To Northerners,it Is Doubtful a Northern Christian will be SGF-Lawal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Left To Northerners,it Is Doubtful a Northern Christian will be SGF-Lawal (258 Views)

God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal / Shettima Best For Tinubu – Arewa Youths Attack Ex-SGF Lawal, Others / Peter Obi's Supporter Shares Posters, Caps And T-shirts To Northerners (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Left To Northerners,it Is Doubtful a Northern Christian will be SGF-Lawal by Parachoko: 9:33am On Aug 02, 2022
Tinubu, Akande made my appointment possible – Lawal, SGF

SECRETARY to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Babachir David Lawal, yesterday, said the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and Chief Bisi Akande made it possible for him to emerge as a member of President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet.

Speaking at a thanksgiving service in his honour, the SGF said the two leaders of the APC played a prominent in his emergence, saying it is fundamentally important for Nigerians to know that goodness is not restricted to tribe, religion or political party.

“My wife has not met Bisi Akande, she has not met Asiwaju, she has not met Buhari, yet we have been with him. But, it is fundamentally important for Nigerians to know that goodness is not restricted to tribe, religion or political party”, he said.

“My opinion is that if you have no investment in human beings and you just invest in yourself, like most politicians present in this church do, you will end up as nothing. If you look at just your community for friendship, or you look at your religion or in the same church with you for friendship, I doubt if you will go any where.

“I am Secretary to the Government today, because those people that I mentioned were the very first to put the idea in the mind of the President. They were the ones that made it possible.

“Because if it has been left to northerners, it is doubtful if they will take a Christian man to make Secretary to the Government of the Federation”.

“But these friends know me, they know that I am not ambitious. I just want to eat today and tomorrow I will find my way. By the grace of God, I am today the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, something I did not look for, people say it is hard work and dedication. It is not true, it is just by the grace of God that the President will just pick you and say this is your position”.

“I never looked for it and I never expected it. I started getting hints to this job just about two to three days to it, and I thought it was a very big joke. Then I used to call it Timipre Silva project or Baba Akande project, when they mentioned that they heard story about it”.

“Last year, if I was told that I will have an occasion where one single governor will attend, I will not believe it, but here we are today, it is the grace of God that has put all of us where we are today. Governors should know that”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/tinubu-akande-made-my-appointment-possible-lawal-sgf/
Re: Left To Northerners,it Is Doubtful a Northern Christian will be SGF-Lawal by Seyigoya: 9:34am On Aug 02, 2022
True talk
Re: Left To Northerners,it Is Doubtful a Northern Christian will be SGF-Lawal by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 02, 2022
Fine.
Re: Left To Northerners,it Is Doubtful a Northern Christian will be SGF-Lawal by Abfinest007(m): 9:42am On Aug 02, 2022
Nonsense
Re: Left To Northerners,it Is Doubtful a Northern Christian will be SGF-Lawal by awoniyi1236(m): 9:43am On Aug 02, 2022
Epele sir
Re: Left To Northerners,it Is Doubtful a Northern Christian will be SGF-Lawal by Madmohamed1: 9:51am On Aug 02, 2022
Parachoko:
Tinubu, Akande made my appointment possible – Lawal, SGF

SECRETARY to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Babachir David Lawal, yesterday, said the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and Chief Bisi Akande made it possible for him to emerge as a member of President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet.

Speaking at a thanksgiving service in his honour, the SGF said the two leaders of the APC played a prominent in his emergence, saying it is fundamentally important for Nigerians to know that goodness is not restricted to tribe, religion or political party.

“My wife has not met Bisi Akande, she has not met Asiwaju, she has not met Buhari, yet we have been with him. But, it is fundamentally important for Nigerians to know that goodness is not restricted to tribe, religion or political party”, he said.

“My opinion is that if you have no investment in human beings and you just invest in yourself, like most politicians present in this church do, you will end up as nothing. If you look at just your community for friendship, or you look at your religion or in the same church with you for friendship, I doubt if you will go any where.

“I am Secretary to the Government today, because those people that I mentioned were the very first to put the idea in the mind of the President. They were the ones that made it possible.

“Because if it has been left to northerners, it is doubtful if they will take a Christian man to make Secretary to the Government of the Federation”.

“But these friends know me, they know that I am not ambitious. I just want to eat today and tomorrow I will find my way. By the grace of God, I am today the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, something I did not look for, people say it is hard work and dedication. It is not true, it is just by the grace of God that the President will just pick you and say this is your position”.

“I never looked for it and I never expected it. I started getting hints to this job just about two to three days to it, and I thought it was a very big joke. Then I used to call it Timipre Silva project or Baba Akande project, when they mentioned that they heard story about it”.

“Last year, if I was told that I will have an occasion where one single governor will attend, I will not believe it, but here we are today, it is the grace of God that has put all of us where we are today. Governors should know that”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/tinubu-akande-made-my-appointment-possible-lawal-sgf/
we understand you Mr secretary of state to me I don't hate tinubu he is a great man he love people he love peace but is Nigeria need to change the changer's.
Is unfortunately we have a young man who is capable than tinubu a young man who can travel all over the country to solve problems not Oso Rock president or someone who will use London hospital as his second office

I hope you understand mr secretary
Re: Left To Northerners,it Is Doubtful a Northern Christian will be SGF-Lawal by Samunique(m): 9:54am On Aug 02, 2022
Abfinest007:
Nonsense
No mind am, ESAU wanting to sell his birthright for a mosel of portage !!!

Pleading coddedly for Tinubu....
Re: Left To Northerners,it Is Doubtful a Northern Christian will be SGF-Lawal by Parachoko: 9:56am On Aug 02, 2022
Madmohamed1:
we understand you Mr secretary of state to me I don't hate tinubu he is a great man he love people he love peace but is Nigeria need to change the changer's.
Is unfortunately we have a young man who is capable than tinubu a young man who can travel all over the country to solve problems not Oso Rock president or someone who will use London hospital as his second office

I hope you understand mr secretary
Can you tell us the problems this young man you're talking about have solve before?
Re: Left To Northerners,it Is Doubtful a Northern Christian will be SGF-Lawal by Madmohamed1: 9:58am On Aug 02, 2022
Parachoko:
Can you tell us the problems this young man you're talking about have solve before?

go and verify
Re: Left To Northerners,it Is Doubtful a Northern Christian will be SGF-Lawal by Parachoko: 10:06am On Aug 02, 2022
Madmohamed1:
go and verify
K

(1) (Reply)

Farooq Kperogi Praises Peter Obi, Slams His Supporters / Commonwealth Games: Minister Hails Team Nigeria, Dedicates Victories To Buhari / Tinubu In Trouble As 1,615 APC Members Dump Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.