Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

High-rise Buildings The Chinese Experience. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / High-rise Buildings The Chinese Experience. (246 Views)

Some Of The Worst Sky Scrapper, High-Rise Building Collapses In History(Photos) / Bella Disu Completes Luxurious High Rise Complex (Pictures) / Nigeria And The Need For High Rise Buildings - Kinesthouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

High-rise Buildings The Chinese Experience. by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 02, 2022
I have always been fascinated with high rise buildings; we do have high rise buildings in Nigeria, from residential to commercial, but am awe struck by the ones built by the Chinese, especially their residential ones.
High rise buildings become necessary when land space is a challenge, they also make things tidy, instead of sprawling things in an untidy fashion over an area of land and you can just stack them up.

According to skyscrapercenter.com China has the highest number of high-rise buildings in the world (over 100 million high-rise buildings), followed by the United States and the UAE.

With a population of over 1.4bn as at 2020, you can see why they need to be radical in their housing. I always say building a bungalow on a plot of land is waste of space (my opinion.)
The Chinese have perfected their building technology via the use of prefabricated parts, infact one company was able to build 57 high-rise buildings in 2 weeks!
I will not go into the details of the pros and cons of high rise buildings; I know some of us are scared of heights, try looking down from the balcony of a 10 storey building …..you get the point.
I believe some cities in Nigeria will need to fully embrace the high-rise culture in the nearest future as their populations are growing. Land space is becoming a challenge; there is also the cost of available land which is going up.
Kudos to the Chinks for their creativity and ingenuity in the high rise buildings, we have a long way to go in the construction and equipping oh high rise buildings here in Nigeria.
Buildings above 4 stories are supposed to be equipped with an elevator, but how many have elevators apart from some commercial and some government buildings in Nigeria.
Most high rise buildings above 4 stories in some parts of the country don’t have elevators; even those that are equipped with one are not functional.

What has been your experience living in high rise buildings, do share your experience. I for one love the view, the ventilation and elevation. I however don’t like the stress of carrying things up.

(1) (Reply)

Land For Sale On Bourdilon Road, Ikoyi, Lagos. / Distressed Sale! 4bedroom Duplex @ Oniru VI Pls Chat Eunice Ekaette 080295626946 / Which Type Of Laptop Power Bank Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.