Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Ikpeazu Agrees To Pay 7 Months From Salaries Owed Our Members — NARD President - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ikpeazu Agrees To Pay 7 Months From Salaries Owed Our Members — NARD President (391 Views)

NARD Nationwide Strike: FG Threatens Actions Against NARD / Kano Govt Playing Politics With COVID-19 - NARD, NMA, AMLSN / NMA, NARD Threaten To Withdraw Services Over Invitation Of Chinese Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikpeazu Agrees To Pay 7 Months From Salaries Owed Our Members — NARD President by Metrix147: 9:18pm On Aug 02, 2022
The National Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) on Monday said its members in Abia State have been on strike for almost a year over unpaid salaries, ABN TV reports.

President of the association, Dr Dare Ishaya, disclosed this during an interview on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily.

He criticised the Abia State Government for owing resident doctors their salaries as well as failing to implement the Medical Residency Training Act in the state.

Ishaya stated that plans are ongoing with the state governor, Okezie Ikpeazu, who has agreed to pay seven months of the salary arrears and also domesticate the Act in the South-Eastern state.

“I want to tell Nigerians that Abia State, our doctors in the Abia State University Teaching Hospital have been on strike for almost a year now,” he said.

“However there has been some little progress being made. At the last meeting the Association of Resident Doctors had with the governor and our representatives, it was agreed that the governor was ready to release seven months of the salary arrears within one week and also domesticate the Medical Residency Training Act within the state.”

Should the state government renege on its part, the NARD President said the body’s National Executive Council will consider everything and take appropriate decisions in the next two weeks.

He commended the Governors Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta), Babajide Sanwo-Olu (Lagos), Abdullahi Sule (Nasarawa), Samuel Ortom (Benue), Babagana Zulum (Borno) and Mai Mala Buni (Yobe) for their investment in the health sectors.

Ishaya also called on other state governors to emulate those that have tried to improve the healthcare delivery system in their domains.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/ikpeazu-agreed-pay-7-months-salaries-owed-members-president-resident-doctors/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J, Ishilove

Re: Ikpeazu Agrees To Pay 7 Months From Salaries Owed Our Members — NARD President by kozmokaz(m): 9:26pm On Aug 02, 2022
I don't understand

Which one is agree to pay like say them de beg am ?

He owes them!!!

So let him pay in full !!
Re: Ikpeazu Agrees To Pay 7 Months From Salaries Owed Our Members — NARD President by kozmokaz(m): 9:27pm On Aug 02, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
I'm actually not a Yoruba man but I've lived in Yoruba land, Lagos precisely for decades

Any Yoruba man or woman campaigning for Peter Obi should have a rethink. Though this isn't supposed to be so but you see those IGBOS have turned this election to tribal one. They have even turn it to religious one

I will support and vote for Tinubu. He has more achievements to point at as a governor and when he left government than other contestants. Though he may be old but neither Atiku nor Obi are young either. If we want a young person then none of the three contestants mentioned should be considered

Tinubu is very much accommodating and tolerance than other contestants. IGBOS are holding political position in Lagos. IGBOS are civil servants in Lagos and other South western states. IGBOS are doing businesses freely without any form of intimidation or harassment in Lagos and other south western region

Please go to any eastern state to see if you'd see any Yoruba or Hausa man holding any political position. Even as small as little as councillorship is you will never see any Hausa or Yoruba person there. IGBOS feels it is a TABOO for a stranger to occupy any position in their land

An average IGBO man and woman are resentful, hateful, spiteful, bittered et al. It is not hidden. It is crystal clear to all well meaning Nigerians. Reason why they abused or bashes anyone who doesn't support their igbo president in the form of Obi

ACHIEVEMENT- I WILL VOTE TINUBU
TOLERANCE & ACCOMMODATING- I WILL VOTE TINUBU

PS: As for the northerners who reside in the north you can ask any of your family or friends living in Lagos and other South western states they will tell you how Yoruba are so friendly, loving and accommodating. Go to Lagos state headquarter at Alausa ikeja you'll see igbos holding top position without any discrimination

Go to east and see how all positions are completely occupied by all igbos.

An average IGBOS see themselves better, superior and more sophisticated than other tribes.

PLEASE verify this my claim if you aren't aware of it or if you don't live in Lagos and make a decision on who to campaign and vote for

May Nigeria succeed!!!

cheesy type this without crying

(1) (Reply)

The Fun In Sleeping Naked And 5 Surprising Health Benefits Of Sleeping Naked / Have You Ever Been Diagnosed With Glaucoma? / Healing For Smelling Private

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.