Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Osimhen Must Avoid Getting Himself Into The Wrong Boo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osimhen Must Avoid Getting Himself Into The Wrong Boo (235 Views)

Osimhen Must Win African Best Player Award – John Ogu Sends Stern Warning To CAF / PSG Fans boo own players. focusing especially on Messi and Neymar / American Fans Boo Players Who Took A Knee During Anthem Before MLS Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osimhen Must Avoid Getting Himself Into The Wrong Boo by solbase10(m): 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2022
Former Nigeria striker, Victor Ikpeba, has advised Super Eagles striker, Victor Osimhen to always be calm and avoid getting himself into the wrong books for both club and country.

Napoli and Super Eagles star, Osimhen has recently been grabbing headlines for the wrong reasons, following disagreements with his family and training ground bust up at Napoli.

However, in a chat with Comfort 95.1 FM, Ikpeba has urged Osimhen to calm down and focus on his career.

“Human beings are different. I remember my time as a professional footballer many years ago, I had my personality and character. I was very outspoken but had respect for senior players.

“Osimhen is still a young guy. I don’t care what people think about me. When anything is on social media, people tend to take sides. I honestly don’t have any problem with him.

“The sky is his limit but he needs to concentrate. People have to manage stardom. The Victor I saw at VfL Wolfsburg, Sporting Charleroi and OSC Lille carried himself decently. Going to Napoli might have changed his mind. He should calm down. The lad hasn’t achieved anything yet. He should try to emulate players like Mane and Salah.

“Before the boy went to Napoli, he was a decent young chap. I hope people around the boy advise him. He can’t continue to get into the wrong books as a star player of club and country.

“I honestly want Osimhen to do well, he has the attributes and talent to do so. Football can unforgiven sometimes. Look at Mario Balotelli, a lot of Nigerian footballers have had this opportunity and lost it. Osimhen is at the right place and right time.”

The ‘Prince of Monaco’ stressed further, “My advice for him is to calm down. He needs people who will tell him the truth. Players need to listen to people who are close to them. He should calm down, training ground issues can happen but they shouldn’t be constant.

“What I said after Nigeria vs Ghana game was the truth. I have played the game to the highest level, so I can’t be afraid to criticize these players. The problem with the media and fans in Nigeria is that we are afraid to criticize these players. As far as it is constructive, we shouldn’t be afraid. All that I said about Osimhen was constructive. He may not like it but that’s the truth.”

Source: https://www.completesports.com/osimhen-must-avoid-getting-himself-into-the-wrong-books-ikpeba-2/

Re: Osimhen Must Avoid Getting Himself Into The Wrong Boo by ishola98: 7:28pm On Aug 03, 2022
Well said. Osimhen needs to caution himself and concentrate solely on football.

But I pray he doesn't attack Ikpeba again after this grin

The Rise Of The Roman Empire: How Jose Mourinho Is Reviving AS Roma
https://www.footballorbit.com/rise-roman-empire-how-jose-mourinho-reviving-roma/#more

(1) (Reply)

Asian Club Celebrate Bayelsa Born Footballer  Peter Ebimobowei Twenty Goals Reco / Breaking News: English Premier League Approves 5 Subtitutes / PHOTOS NEWS: See  As Men Put Their Butts On Display While Playing Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.