Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,347 members, 7,864,641 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:46 PM

Why Are My Brakes Grinding After New Pads And Rotors? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Are My Brakes Grinding After New Pads And Rotors? (230 Views)

How To Fix Grinding After New Pad And Rotors / Benz 2008-2012 C300 Bosch 36010985 Brake Rotors For Sale In Abuja / Bosch Brake Pads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are My Brakes Grinding After New Pads And Rotors? by autoremedy365: 11:02pm On Aug 03, 2022
Why are my brakes grinding after new pads and rotor! The brake grinding sound can be scary, especially if you’ve never heard it before. However, the good news is that there are a lot of common reasons why your brakes might grind. In this article we’ll go over what causes grating sounds and how to fix them!

Your Brake Pads Are Not Fully Compressed.

If you are using new brake pads and the grinding sound is still present, it could be that the pad is not fully compressed. If this is true, then your brakes will not be able to transfer the braking force to the rotor. This means that each time you hit the brakes; you will hear a grinding sound as the two parts rub against each other instead of transferring force smoothly as they should.

In order for them to be able to do their job properly, your brake pads need to be tightened against both sides of your rotor so that all four corners can apply pressure simultaneously. This way when you step on your pedal, all four corners get pushed inward at once causing friction between them and stopping rotation within a fraction of a second!

Your Brake Pads Are Too Small.

If you are experiencing grinding in your braking system, it could be a sign that the pads are too small for the rotor.

The best thing to do is to get new brake pads and rotors that are designed for your vehicle, driving style, and weather conditions.
This will help eliminate grinding as well as prevent premature wear on both parts of your braking system.
Read More: https://autoremedy365.com/why-are-my-brakes-grinding-after-new-pads-and-rotors/

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Rav 4 2006 For Sale / Registered 012 Toyota Sienna / 6months Registered Lexus IS250 Turbo Charged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.