Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

What Happens If You Eat Too Much Onion? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Happens If You Eat Too Much Onion? (719 Views)

Onion I Bought For N30 and N50 Here In Portharcourt. / Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This? / Dr. Ify Aniebo: If You Eat Gala In Nigeria I Feel Bad For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens If You Eat Too Much Onion? by ogtechinc(m): 9:16am On Aug 04, 2022
Onions not only contain nutrients that the body needs, but onions also have many medicinal properties, including antioxidant, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-virus and so on.

It should be mentioned that onions contain some fructans, which most vegetables do not.

Fructan is a carbohydrate with health-care functions, which can reduce the production of tumor-related substances and has a good effect on preventing cancer and other chronic diseases.

Fructan is also a nutrient for good bacteria in the gut, which can increase the number of good bacteria.

However, There May Be Some Side Effects after eating too much onion.

There are no enzymes in the gut that can decompose fructans, so fructans cannot be digested and absorbed by the body.

Large amounts of fructans accumulate in the gut and may cause gut problems such as bloating, abdominal pain, gas, and cramping.

Therefore, you can't eat too many onions, and it is advisable to eat 50 grams to 80 grams a day.

Source: https://www.quora.com/

Re: What Happens If You Eat Too Much Onion? by mariahAngel(f): 9:41am On Aug 04, 2022
One of the side effects of eating too much onions is that it'll give you stomach discomfort and cause you to purge.

Iya mi @armyofone likes plenty onions and adds plenty in her beans. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Happens If You Eat Too Much Onion? by debbydams(f): 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2022
Smiles
Re: What Happens If You Eat Too Much Onion? by armyofone(m): 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2022
mariahAngel:
One of the side effects of eating too much onions is that it'll give you stomach discomfort and cause you to purge.

Iya mi @armyofone likes plenty onions and adds plenty in her beans. cheesy

Iya mi nla, I haven't purged o. Nothing. Infact, normal shaped "S" shape grin dey come out.

1 cup of beans, 2 medium onions. So far no purged but deliciously delivered cooked niaja style beans grin

Maybe you mean eating it raw - mine is cooked for about a hour or more - clean beans, add two chopped onions and start the cooking.
Re: What Happens If You Eat Too Much Onion? by mariahAngel(f): 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2022
armyofone:

Iya mi nla, I haven't purged o. Nothing. Infact, normal shaped "S" shape grin dey come out.
Iya mi though. cheesy

1 cup of beans, 2 medium onions. So far no purged but deliciously delivered cooked niaja style beans grin

Maybe you mean eating it raw - mine is cooked for about a hour or more - clean beans, add two chopped onions and start the cooking.

I honestly do like lots of onions because they give natural sweetness to food, but too much of it is not good for me.
Especially in my eggs.

I can only eat raw onions with suya.

(1) (Reply)

The Jersey Giant - Biggest "Okuko" In The World / My Homemade Akara Recipe (pics And Video) / What's Your Favourite Alcoholic Drink? (+18).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.