Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

I Am 30 , Is It Too Late To Venture Into The Tech And It Career Path - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am 30 , Is It Too Late To Venture Into The Tech And It Career Path (344 Views)

I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change / Is Business Analysis A Good Course Or Career To Venture Into As A Post Graduate. / I Was Warned Not To Venture Into VTU Business- I Refused To Listen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am 30 , Is It Too Late To Venture Into The Tech And It Career Path by victorbass1234: 12:41pm On Aug 04, 2022
Hello nairalanders, I hail all the serious and playful heads on this forum . The joke and the seriouness both makes anyone's day.
Thank you. i am 30 years old, and I have Been thinking if it's not too late to venture into the tech and IT world at my age. Being that most fellas I know in that space are very young chaps. Granted I made an error, I should have seen this earlier and forged my own path but now I see things more clearly and I'm asking myself ....I'm I too late ? Can I still begin afresh ? Where would I even start from ? I wish I had started younger.

Mind you, I m not doing too well but I have a car, a fully furnished rented apartment but the truth is ..all of those are just cover up . Deeep down I'm not earning too well where I work, and it took the help of rigorous saving Regime and some windfalls from trucking Nd contract jobs to set me to this stage.
I wondered in my head if I didn't get those windfalls.. I would have been so miserable probably still living with my parents at 30 without any direction.

Please advice .
Re: I Am 30 , Is It Too Late To Venture Into The Tech And It Career Path by VeryWickedGoat: 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2022
This one wey all man wan dey venture into tech. Make una maintain una lane abeg. angry

Nigerians like saturating lucrative opportunities.

Una don spoil music, football, prostitution, photography, makeup, event planning, modelling, baking, tailoring, skit making, POS now na tech una eyes dey.

Re: I Am 30 , Is It Too Late To Venture Into The Tech And It Career Path by victorbass1234: 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
This one wey all man wan dey venture into tech. Make una maintain una lane abeg. angry

Nigerians like saturating lucrative opportunities.

Una don spoil music, football, prostitution, photography, makeup, event planning, modelling, baking, tailoring, skit making, POS now na tech una eyes dey.

Lets us all eat the money bros .
No be only you want live well
Re: I Am 30 , Is It Too Late To Venture Into The Tech And It Career Path by Klass99(f): 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2022

1 Like

Re: I Am 30 , Is It Too Late To Venture Into The Tech And It Career Path by victorbass1234: 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2022
Klass99:
To slap you dey sweet me ehn grin, too bad I can't do so through my system. How can you think 30 is too old to try something new?

Life is too short to be wishing and wanting, without action. Take action and see where it leads to, at least you'll know you tried.

I don't think it is too late for you, but if you think that way for too long, it may translate into reality for you. Don't do that to yourself.

Biko don't slap me oh .
And yeah thanks . If a woman got that much � fire... Why "me" not ..
Thanks for the words of encouragement .
I'm doing the needful already .

(1) (Reply)

The UK Opens Its Door For Nigerian Teachers / Free Study To Become A Social Media Manager / Cctv Camera Installation Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.