Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

My Phone's Switching On And Off Itself. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Phone's Switching On And Off Itself. (660 Views)

Does Switching Off Mobile Data Minimized Data Consumptions? / Please My Phone Keep Switching On By Itself / Glo Data Network Not Switching On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Phone's Switching On And Off Itself. by LionTiger(m): 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2022
Yesterday I was busy at work while my phone (Huawei-H) was inside my jean trouser pocket. At about 4pm, I recessed and logged onto whatsApp, and suddenly the phone started switching on and off on its own. Any advice on what to do pls?
Re: My Phone's Switching On And Off Itself. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2022
Hold the power button on your phone to turn it off.
Once off, hold down the power and the volume down button until a recovery screen appears.
Use the volume down button to scroll to the “Reboot System Now” option.
Once “Reboot System Now” is highlighted, press the power button one last time.
Re: My Phone's Switching On And Off Itself. by LionTiger(m): 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2022
Thanks bro. I will try it now.
Re: My Phone's Switching On And Off Itself. by LionTiger(m): 10:42pm On Aug 04, 2022
callme9mm:
Hold the power button on your phone to turn it off.
Once off, hold down the power and the volume down button until a recovery screen appears.
Use the volume down button to scroll to the “Reboot System Now” option.
Once “Reboot System Now” is highlighted, press the power button one last time.
Still same. Not recovering.
Re: My Phone's Switching On And Off Itself. by ajekpaks(m): 10:52pm On Aug 04, 2022
just start saving for a new phone...
my Samsung started this behaviour and that was the end of it...
Re: My Phone's Switching On And Off Itself. by uncleck: 11:49pm On Aug 04, 2022
LionTiger:
Yesterday I was busy at work while my phone (Huawei-H) was inside my jean trouser pocket. At about 4pm, I recessed and logged onto whatsApp, and suddenly the phone started switching on and off on its own. Any advice on what to do pls?
Oga it's the power switch. If you can loose it yourself, do. You'll notice that the switch is hooked somewhere

3 Likes

Re: My Phone's Switching On And Off Itself. by l69l: 11:56pm On Aug 04, 2022
ajekpaks:
just start saving for a new phone...

my Samsung started this behaviour and that was the end of it...
entering safe mode would have stop it
Re: My Phone's Switching On And Off Itself. by 9182736455O1999(m): 1:39am On Aug 05, 2022
LionTiger:
Likely the power button developed a fault.
Re: My Phone's Switching On And Off Itself. by Evergreen4(m): 6:09am On Aug 05, 2022
Your power button is bad. Change it
Re: My Phone's Switching On And Off Itself. by silibaba: 11:48am On Aug 05, 2022
Try to switch off the LOCATION and see you phone come back to life.

Your power button isn't bad.
Re: My Phone's Switching On And Off Itself. by LionTiger(m): 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2022
Thanks guys, I will try out all ideas you've drop. God bless you all.
Re: My Phone's Switching On And Off Itself. by LionTiger(m): 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2022
Thanks everyone for your immense help. God bless you all.

(1) (Reply)

Which Should I Go For?: Samsung A53 5g Vs Iphone Xr Vs Redmi Note 10 Pro / Xiaomi 13 Series Have Been Launched / Battery Powerhouse: The Long-lasting Performance Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.