Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal (1264 Views)

Osun Election: PDP’s Adeleke Wins, APC Kicks - Vanguard / Osun 2022 Election: PDP's Adeleke In Early Lead - Daily Independent / Johannes Tobi 'Invites' Davido To Perform At APC Oyetola's Thanksgiving Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by 9jahotblog: 5:46am On Aug 05, 2022
BREAKING: Osun APC, Oyetola take INEC, PDP, Adeleke to tribunal

The Osun State chapter of the All Progressives Congress and Governor Adegboyega Oyetola have concluded plans to drag the Independent National Electoral Commission, the People’s Democratic Party and its candidate, Senator Ademola Adeleke to the Elections Petitions Tribunal.

Chairman of the party, Prince Gboyega Famodun disclosed this at a press conference held at the Party secretariat in Osogbo, the State capital on Thursday.

Famodun said the counsels to the Party and that of Governor Adegboyega Oyetola have concluded plans and will be approaching the court.

He added that the lawyers have told them that “we have strong case and we believe we will win at the court.”

The INEC had declared Adeleke as the winner of the governorship election held on Saturday July 16, 2022. The PDP candidate polled over 403,000 votes to defeat Oyetola who had about 375,000 votes.

Details later…

https://insightlinks.net/breaking-osun-apc-oyetola-drags-inec-pdp-adeleke-to-tribunal/

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by 9jahotblog: 5:48am On Aug 05, 2022
It’s efforts in futility for APC and Oyetola in Osun State. Gbogbo won patapata ti lule piiii piiii. Tinubu will receive his own breakfast on February 25th, 2023. We say no to Muslim-Muslim ticket in the presidential election in 2023. Atiku/Okowa has come to win.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Fkmodhi: 5:51am On Aug 05, 2022
How possible for the opposition party to rigged the incumbent government out of power, e be like say Oyetola no wan agree that he Lule.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by 9jahotblog: 5:54am On Aug 05, 2022
PERSPECTIVE: Hubris, Not Poisoned Chalice, Cost Governor Oyetola Re-election

By SOLA FASURE

I write to disagree with the cerebral Prof Jide Osuntokun’s column of Thursday July 21, 2022 titled “The Election in Osun: Case of Poisoned Chalice.” The author wrote, among others, that it was the former governor of the state and now Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola’s mis-governance, that cost Governor Gboyega Oyetola re-election, citing Aregbesola’s antecedents as governor and post-office relationship with the incumbent.

Prof Osuntokun is a father to me and I hold him in a very high regard but I disagree with him on virtually all counts on his narrative on the Osun election. I will re-examine some of the points he raised and explain why Governor Oyetola lost the election to the PDP.

Prof Osuntokun raised the issue of loans that Aregbesola took and the modulated salary structure he introduced to mitigate the shortfall in revenue, as partly responsible for Governor Oyetola’s fall. This is not correct. There was a global financial crisis which hit Nigeria circa 2015 and lasted till 2017. This brought about shortfall in revenue as oil price dipped to $25 before rebounding. Osun’s income from all sources (like other states) during this period suffered a catastrophic reduction and could not have been sufficient to pay salaries, even without the deductions for loans. Though the deductions exacerbated the situation, it was not the cause.

Prof Osuntokun accused Aregbesola of taking over private mission schools, imposed the wearing of hijab in schools, changed the Gregorian calendar to the Islamic calendar and left with a legacy of covert Islamisation of the state. These are all false. Aregbesola NEVER TOOK OVER ANY MISSION SCHOOL IN OSUN! The schools were taken over in 1974 for Universal Primary Education (UPE) by the then Federal Military Government.

Hijab came up in Aregbesola’s first term when some Muslims sued the state government on the need to have their girls in public schools cover their heads according to Islamic demand. The heads of some public schools founded by the missionaries rejected this request on the ground that hijab was not part of their prescribed school uniforms. Before giving judgement, the court had ruled that the status quo ante on hijab be maintained – where hijab had been introduced, they should let it be and where it had not, it should not – until the determination of the case. The Muslims eventually won their case in court and the state government was not involved in any way, other than as a defendant. The Christians were not a party and only asked to be joined in the case.

Aregbesola DID NOT CHANGE THE GREGORIAN CALENDAR TO THE ISLAMIC CALENDAR in Osun. The state government only granted a public holiday on the 1st day of the Islamic calendar, just as it granted a public holiday for Isese Day, for traditional religious worshippers. It will, therefore, be far-fetched to argue that granting a public holiday to Muslims amounts to reverting to the Gregorian calendar in their favour.

Aregbesola’s administration during the two terms he enjoyed had more Christians than Muslims as cabinet members and political appointees. There was no accusation of Islamisation, other than the short-lived hijab brouhaha. Indeed, it was Aregbesola that gave a building to the Christians as chapel in the Government House. Till today, the Muslims have no mosque there.

Truth be told, APC’s loss on Saturday July 16 did not come as a surprise to anyone involved in the election. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and its presidential candidate arrived in Osogbo on Monday to campaign for the governor in the Saturday election. Given the lukewarm reception the campaign train received – the use of only half of the Osogbo stadium for the grand finale of their campaign and the absence of an enthusiastic crowd to greet them on the streets – what was meant to be a ‘mega rally’ derisively in Osun became a ‘meagre rally.’ I believe Asiwaju, who is a master of the game, would be under no illusion that Governor Oyetola was in for a swell time at the poll.

Governor Oyetola lost the re-election bid due to unmitigated hubris and outstanding political naivety, and not Aregbesola. Though, he could have won if his predecessor had openly supported him. You contest for an executive position on the ground that you will solve the problems you inherited and do better than your predecessor, not that you will use your predecessor as an excuse for your own failure. After four years of being in the saddle, you contest for your re-election on your own strength, not the weakness of your predecessor.

Governor Oyetola had a whole term to prepare for his re-election, but he spent it fighting his predecessor. He surrounded himself with sycophants and people who enthusiastically joined him in fighting Aregbesola.

Then he destroyed his party. He created a ‘for-us’ versus ‘against-us’ dichotomy in APC as the party structures practically dissolved into his own Ileri Oluwa and the Aregbesola-leaning TOP caucuses. So, there was no machinery for him to use to campaign and win his re-election. He fore-swore any need for inclusion, excluding anyone not in his Ileri Oluwa caucus from government and party offices. He capped this division by arresting and prosecuting members of the TOP caucus in his own party and sponsoring vicious attacks on their persons and property.

A political party is an amalgamation of interests and tendencies, some of which are competing with each other. But when election beckons, a wise incumbent will go on charm offensive, mending fences, unifying his party and go to the polls with a united front. Having attained this, he will take further steps to recruiting from opposition parties to his own. But till the last moment, the governor refused to reconcile with Aregbesola or his supporters, buoyed by the belief that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, his paperweight allies and the power of vote buying would get him a re-election.

If Aregbesola’s policies had angered Osun people, he would not have been re-elected. But he won his re-election in 2014 by more than one hundred thousand votes, which had never happened before or after, defeating the federal might of the huge sums of money and security armada unleashed on Osun during the election. In 2018, Aregbesola was still able to rally APC to win the governorship election in spite of the fact that the candidate was from a controversial constituency that had dominated, if not monopolised, the guber office for about 12 years to the chagrin of Osun West that only had 18 months shot at the office. This fact polarised the party and cost it the votes in the Iwo stronghold among others.

Regrettably, APC’s successive three election cycle victory in Osun has come to an end under the governor’s watch.

We shall see what the verdict of history would be on this.

http://www.osundefender.com/perspective-hubris-not-poisoned-chalice-cost-governor-oyetola-re-election/

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Ciscogod(m): 5:56am On Aug 05, 2022
Time for lawyers to cash out.

Mr Gov, Accept defeat and move on

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by 9jahotblog: 5:57am On Aug 05, 2022
Fkmodhi:
How possible for the opposition party to rigged the incumbent government out of power, e be like say Oyetola no wan agree that he Lule.
he never know yet that he has lule. He’s still dreaming niiii. Oyetola and APC will be further disgrace in the tribunal, Appeal court and Supreme Court of justice by the end of 2022. Thanks to INEC bivas machines that did the work well and easier for transmission of results. Imole de Okunkun Parada ni gbogbo ipinle Osun. Next on the agenda is for Tinubu to collect his own breakfast in February 25th, 2023. It’s not only Tinubu alone, all the APC candidates in Osun State will be be heavily disgrace in the poll in 2023. Tinubu is a goner. We say no to Muslim-Muslim ticket in the presidential election.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Adexxi(m): 6:01am On Aug 05, 2022
Who is then holding not to vote Tinubu undecided abi oloriburuku ni eleyi ni
NigeriaIsGreat:
I'm actually not a Yoruba but I've lived in Yoruba land, Lagos precisely for long

Any Yoruba man or woman campaigning for Obi should have a rethink and retrace their step back. Though this isn't supposed to be so but you see those IGBOS have turned this election to tribalistic one. They have even turn it to religious one

I will support and vote for Tinubu. He has more achievements, antecedents and legacies to point at as a governor and when he left government than EVERY other contestants

Tinubu is very much accommodating and tolerance than other contestants. IGBOS are taking political position in Lagos. IGBOS are civil servants in Lagos and other South western states. IGBOS are doing businesses freely in Lagos and other south western region

Please go to any eastern state to see if you'd see any Yoruba or Hausa man as ordinary councillor. It is a TABOO to the Igbo

ACHIEVEMENT- I WILL VOTE TINUBU
TOLERANCE & ACCOMMODATING- I WILL VOTE TINUBU

For the northerners who reside in the north you can ask any of your family or friends living in Lagos and other South western states they will tell you how Yoruba are so friendly, loving and accommodating. Go to the state headquarter at Alausa ikeja you'll see igbos holding top position without any discrimination

Go to east and see how all positions are occupied completely by all igbos.

An average IGBOS are resentful, spiteful, hateful, bittered et al. They literally see themselves better, superior and more sophisticated than other tribes.

PLEASE verify this my claim if you aren't aware of it and make a decision on who to campaign and vote for

I leave you to your conscience!!!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Itoro350(m): 6:02am On Aug 05, 2022
HAHAHA! NA THERE DEM GO CLEAR ROAD FOR OBI,
Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Dididrumz(m): 6:06am On Aug 05, 2022
They want to start their nonsense; accept defeat and move on.
Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Tolexander: 6:07am On Aug 05, 2022
9jahotblog:
he never know yet that he has lule. He’s still dreaming niiii. Oyetola and APC will be further disgrace in the tribunal, Appeal court and Supreme Court of justice by the end of 2022. Thanks to INEC bivas machines that did the work well and easier for transmission of results. Imole de Okunkun Parada ni gbogbo ipinle Osun. Next on the agenda is for Tinubu to collect his own breakfast in February 25th, 2023. It’s not only Tinubu alone, all the APC candidates in Osun State will be be heavily disgrace in the poll in 2023. Tinubu is a goner. We say no to Muslim-Muslim ticket in the presidential election.
You people seem not to have any clue calculating the steps in Nigerian politics.

The idea behind this tribunal will soon be clear to you, peradventure Tinubu wins the presidential election when the Abracadabra will be unleashed.

APC knew they lost the gubernatorial election quite well in Osun State to PDP, the same way APC lost the election in 2018. If the tribunal process is not set rolling now, it is lost.
And if the tribunal process is set rolling now, their aim will be achieved at the Supreme Court, if APC wins the presidency again which is the abracadabra they are working towards.

So so desperate people
Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Obidient4life2: 6:08am On Aug 05, 2022
Another waste of public funds. The only strong case you have is vote buying which you are the bigger culprit.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by wiseoneking: 6:10am On Aug 05, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
I'm actually not a Yoruba but I've lived in Yoruba land, Lagos precisely for long

Any Yoruba man or woman campaigning for Obi should have a rethink and retrace their step back. Though this isn't supposed to be so but you see those IGBOS have turned this election to tribalistic one. They have even turn it to religious one

I will support and vote for Tinubu. He has more achievements, antecedents and legacies to point at as a governor and when he left government than EVERY other contestants

Tinubu is very much accommodating and tolerance than other contestants. IGBOS are taking political position in Lagos. IGBOS are civil servants in Lagos and other South western states. IGBOS are doing businesses freely in Lagos and other south western region

Please go to any eastern state to see if you'd see any Yoruba or Hausa man as ordinary councillor. It is a TABOO to the Igbo

For the northerners who reside in the north you can ask any of your family or friends living in Lagos and other South western states they will tell you how Yoruba are so friendly, loving and accommodating. Go to the state headquarter at Alausa ikeja you'll see igbos holding top position without any discrimination

An average IGBOS are resentful, spiteful, hateful, bittered et al. They literally see themselves better, superior and more sophisticated than other tribes.

PLEASE verify this my claim if you aren't aware of it and make a decision on who to campaign and vote for

Why are you speaking for the yorubas if you are not one of them. Keep that toilet hole shut. You can't stop the liberal yoruba Muslims, over 50% Christian yorubas, Afenifere leadership, enlightened and learned ones, youthful yorubas, non Tribalist yorubas etc from support obi. Obi will win SW because igbos has been supporting SW candidates.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Gunayo(m): 6:11am On Aug 05, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:

Oga leave this long epistle, l am a Yoruba man and l am voting obi. Is not about tribe but about competence. Tinubu that you are hyping will be worst than Buhari because age is not on his side any longer. He will just be travelling for medical checkup leaving us at the messy of his cabals. Affliction shall not rise for the second time. Never again.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:11am On Aug 05, 2022
wiseoneking:
Why are you speaking for the yorubas if you are not one of them. Keep that toilet hole shut. You can't stop the liberal yoruba Muslims, over 50% Christian yorubas, Afenifere leadership, enlightened and learned ones, youthful yorubas, non Tribalist yorubas etc from support obi.
illusion grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by chiedozie198100: 6:13am On Aug 05, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:

Change style na.
This trick doesn't work again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Hoelujohn: 6:13am On Aug 05, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:

So you actually spamming threads with these.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Bkchoixe: 6:13am On Aug 05, 2022
Medicine after death
Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:14am On Aug 05, 2022
Gunayo:
Oga leave this long epistle, l am a Yoruba man and l am voting obi. Is not about tribe but about competence. Tinubu that you are hyping will be worst than Buhari because age is not on his side any longer. He will just be travelling for medical checkup leaving us at the messy of his cabals. Affliction shall not rise for the second time. Never again.
Your choice bro

I'm not resentful and bittered like the IGBOS who will curse and threaten you for not supporting their igbo president in form of Obi. I'm not filled with hate like the IGBOS who bash anyone supporting Tinubu or Atiku. To them any one supporting Tinubu or Atiku has been paid while them are doing it freely. To them Obi is the only good thing after bread and butter while others are shit

This is democracy and you're free to vote or not to vote at all.
Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Dimanene: 6:14am On Aug 05, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:

Won't you rest with this your copy and paste?

Just imagine the extent of joblessness...

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Dididrumz(m): 6:15am On Aug 05, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:

Oga stop talking rubbish; elections in Nigeria has always been turned to tribalistic and religious sentiments.

How many times has an Igbo man ruled this country?

Peter Obi comes into the picture this time and all of y'all are shouting tribalism.

And know this, Peter Obi is accepted by all tribes right now, so where's the tribalism? I'm not Igbo, but Peter Obi has my vote.

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:23am On Aug 05, 2022
Dididrumz:

Oga stop talking rubbish; elections in Nigeria has always been turned to tribalistic and religious sentiments.

How many times has an Igbo man ruled this country?

Peter Obi comes into the picture this time and all of y'all are shouting tribalism.

And know this, Peter Obi is accepted by all tribes right now, so where's the tribalism? I'm not Igbo, but Peter Obi has my vote.

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
grin grin grin grin

Peter Obi is accepted by all tribes grin grin

Who dey decieve you guy grin grin

I know say after the election you go carry that your useless mouth to say the election was rigged
Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by MMWandali: 6:23am On Aug 05, 2022
It's very much expected

But all will end in futility by God's grace
Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:24am On Aug 05, 2022
chiedozie198100:

Change style na.
This trick doesn't work again.
Okoro You should be happy it is not working na grin grin grin
Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Kingspin(m): 6:25am On Aug 05, 2022
Is it another IMO state loading in Osun?

We must chase away all the selfish politicians who see joy when the people mourn.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Maxymilliano(m): 6:25am On Aug 05, 2022
grin ... Incumbent governor going to court over election that was conducted under his nose ...

What a shameful act

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Dididrumz(m): 6:31am On Aug 05, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
grin grin grin grin

Peter Obi is accepted by all tribes grin grin

Who dey decieve you guy grin grin

I know say after the election you go carry that your useless mouth to say the election was rigged

See mumu, clearly you don't have sense.

Listen, it's an election; it's either Peter Obi wins or loose, but whether He looses or not, those of us that voted for him will be at peace with ourselves because we know we voted with our hearts and for the most qualified candidate. Na all us go still suffer the results of your own vote after your Tinubu or Atiku win.

Peter Obi is not an angel but at this moment, He will be the best thing that will happen to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:33am On Aug 05, 2022
Dididrumz:

See mumu, clearly you don't have sense.

Listen, it's an election; it's either Peter Obi wins or loose, but whether He looses or not, those of us that voted for him will be at peace with ourselves because we know we voted with our hearts and for the most qualified candidate. Na all us go still suffer the results of your own vote after your Tinubu or Atiku win.

Peter Obi is not an angel but at this moment, He will be the best thing that will happen to Nigeria.
grin grin grin grin grin

Consolation speech by ndi Okoro grin grin
Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Dididrumz(m): 6:38am On Aug 05, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
grin grin grin grin grin

Consolation speech by ndi Okoro grin grin

Monkey, call it consolation speech because You know You've just been fcked up.
Now, I leave You to Your conscience.
Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by femicyrus(m): 6:44am On Aug 05, 2022
Davido needs *assurance" to sustain the excitement

APC + judiciary is not the best combination for assurance
Re: Breaking: Osun Apc, Oyetola Take Inec, Pdp, Adeleke To Tribunal by Penguin2: 6:46am On Aug 05, 2022
9jahotblog:
It’s efforts in futility for APC and Oyetola in Osun State. Gbogbo won patapata ti lule piiii piiii. Tinubu will receive his own breakfast on February 25th, 2023. We say no to Muslim-Muslim ticket in the presidential election in 2023. Atiku/Okowa has come to win.

If ye be Obidient, you will reap the fruit of the land.

You don’t want to reap the fruit of the land?

(1) (2)

Check Out Before And After Pictures Of Obudu Cargo International Airport / I Million Massive Man Match For Peter Obi Happening Life In Calabar [video /phot / Peter Obi cleared all gratuities owned. See throwback news!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.