Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

11-year-old Kano Maths Genius Gets World Bank-assisted Scholarship - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11-year-old Kano Maths Genius Gets World Bank-assisted Scholarship (508 Views)

Saratu Garba: 11-Year-Old Kano Maths Genius Gets World Bank-Assisted Scholarship / "I Want To Pay His Fees": Professor Searches For 14yr Old Boy Who's Maths Genius / 11-year-old Terrorist, Muhammed Yusuf Killed By NAF Airstrike In Borno (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11-year-old Kano Maths Genius Gets World Bank-assisted Scholarship by gatasale: 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTWsHIeQKkY

11 year-old Mathematics Genius in Kano, Saratu Gets World Bank Scholarship

Saratu’s arithmetic prowess recently went viral on social media platforms, with her ability to quickly provide mathematical solutions attracting the admiration of many.

On Wednesday in Kano, Aliyu Yusuf, AGILE Project Communication Officer, said that the project’s National Office had directed its Kano office to identify the girl and enroll her in school.

“Coincidentally, the Kano AGILE Project team is on an advocacy visit to the five emirate councils in the state, with a view to soliciting for their support, being critical stakeholders in the promotion of adolescent girls’ education.

“During the team’s visit to Gaya Emirate Council, the girl and her parents were invited to the emir’s palace.

“Representatives of the state ministry of education and the AGILE team briefed the Emir, Alhaji Ali Ibrahim-Abdulkadir, on the intention of the project to shoulder the educational responsibilities of the young girl,” he said.

According to him, the representative of the ministry, Haruna Muhammad-Panidau, presented school uniform, a bag and other learning materials to the young talented girl.

Mr Yusuf said that the Kano Project Coordinator, Ado Tafida-Zango, also presented N20,000 to the girl to support her education.

Saratu told a NAN Correspondent, who visited her hometown, Gwadahi village in Gaya, that she dropped out of school in Primary Four after which she embraced street hawking.

“I am good at mathematics, whether addition, subtraction, division or multiplication. I can calculate numbers in millions of heads, without writing or using a calculator.

“I left school because of bullying. My peers used to call me names which I detested.

“I will not go back to that school. I’ll be happy to continue my studies in another school, away from them,” she said.

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 11-year-old Kano Maths Genius Gets World Bank-assisted Scholarship by danjumaisah: 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2022
They should let the innocent brilliant girl leave Nigeria as soon as possible before one useless 90 year old “agbaya” Emir grab her as wife or give her belle like we recently saw happened in Katsina state.
A stitch in time saves nine.
Wishing her all the best in the coming years!�

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 11-year-old Kano Maths Genius Gets World Bank-assisted Scholarship by dangerousd071: 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2022
Good one. She will one day head CBN or the ministry of finance and our monies will be truly protected.

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 11-year-old Kano Maths Genius Gets World Bank-assisted Scholarship by adeeyarhabdulla: 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2022
Congratulations to her. May she grow, learn and become great woman and an asset to Nigeria/world at large

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 11-year-old Kano Maths Genius Gets World Bank-assisted Scholarship by favourobaro90: 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
Their are so many great potentials in the lives of many Northern kids, I wish the cabals will allow this wonderful kids to do exploit by showcasing their God giving talent instead of puting them in religious dungeon, may God help them to emancipate themselves from mental slavery and becomes assets to the North and to Nigeria at large.

Congratulations dear

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11-year-old Kano Maths Genius Gets World Bank-assisted Scholarship by Steven809: 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2022
Great. This girl can redefine out of school children in the north. She will be great in life

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11-year-old Kano Maths Genius Gets World Bank-assisted Scholarship by raheemislamiyah: 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2022
Congratulations... May you study uninterrupted.. May you become great. May your light shine to all the young girls around you.. Amin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11-year-old Kano Maths Genius Gets World Bank-assisted Scholarship by kafassamuel007: 1:00pm On Aug 05, 2022
I think the best way to get the raw talent of this genius work better, someone residing in USA UK Canada Australia or any other English speaking country should adopt her. Because I believe, this girl is going to carry Gunness world � record one day. I believe she'll be a worldwide celebrity one day if well coached and mentored
Re: 11-year-old Kano Maths Genius Gets World Bank-assisted Scholarship by thesicilian: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2022
It's rare to find an academic genius from the north
Re: 11-year-old Kano Maths Genius Gets World Bank-assisted Scholarship by Aidejay(m): 1:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
Nice... Congrats!

Was It The Same Girl Naija Govt Gave Okada?

(1) (Reply)

One Dead In UNN As Another Female Student Is Declared Missing on Campus / How Tall Is 187 Cm In Feet? / University Of Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.