Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,832 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? (817 Views)

My New React Project / Creating A React App With Webpack & Babel From Scratch / Using Nodajs To Create React App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by longlife101: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2022
Guys, on many occasions when using my system, it takes between 12 to 15 minutes (yes I time them) to generate a fresh React-app, is this ideal, or just my system, or network?
Re: Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
longlife101:
Guys, on many occasions when using my system, it takes between 12 to 15 minutes (yes I time them) to generate a fresh React-app, is this ideal, or just my system, or network?
It isn't ideal at all

Might be your Laptop specs, or possibly your Network speed
Re: Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by longlife101: 9:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
Nurudeen06:

It isn't ideal at all

Might be your Laptop specs, or possibly your Network speed
Seriously
Re: Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by jbreezy: 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
longlife101:
Either your system uses HDD or network
Re: Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by longlife101: 8:40pm On Aug 06, 2022
So, what's the "standard" time to "create-react-app", hoping system and network are great?
Re: Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by Babtunz: 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2022
I think it depends on your network strength but I assume it shouldn't take more than 4 - 7 mins. I remember one time "npm create-react-app" took nearly thirty minutes and still didn't install the packages. I searched online for solutions and I found Yarn. The same process took ~5mins and I haven't looked back since then. I heard npx is sometimes faster so you might want to try that.

1 Like

Re: Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by longlife101: 6:18pm On Aug 08, 2022
Babtunz:
I think it depends on your network strength but I assume it shouldn't take more than 4 - 7 mins. I remember one time "npm create-react-app" took nearly thirty minutes and still didn't install the packages. I searched online for solutions and I found Yarn. The same process took ~5mins and I haven't looked back since then. I heard npx is sometimes faster so you might want to try that.
30min' - seriously?

npx create-react-app ... is what I use.

Which "yarn" command 'prompt' do you use?
Re: Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by Babtunz: 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
longlife101:
30min' - seriously?

npx create-react-app ... is what I use.

Which "yarn" command 'prompt' do you use?

yarn create-react-app <project_name> (is this what you meant?)
Re: Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by Xinjin: 11:05am On Aug 09, 2022
longlife101:
Most likely network. you can copy exist app, change it name and configure module
Re: Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by longlife101: 8:25pm On Aug 09, 2022
Babtunz:

yarn create-react-app <project_name> (is this what you meant?)
I use "npx create-react-app...", guess it's the same thing, but yours is "yarn"
Re: Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by longlife101: 8:26pm On Aug 09, 2022
Xinjin:
Most likely network. you can copy exist app, change it name and configure module
I've thought of doing this. Any documentation to get up to speed on this, or will you be kind to explain the steps?
Re: Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by Xinjin: 11:39am On Aug 10, 2022
longlife101:
I've thought of doing this. Any documentation to get up to speed on this, or will you be kind to explain the steps?
1. You could create react app manually without using npm, yarn

2. what you ask!
*Copy public, src and packagedotjson of existing app
* change app name inside packagejson
*go to your terminal inside your project directory(containing packagjson) and run > npm install or yarn install to install require packages

Nb: You will not get other files like service workers, logo etc that npx create react app gives you

1 Like

Re: Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by longlife101: 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2022
Xinjin:

1. You could create react app manually without using npm, yarn

2. what you ask!
*Copy public, src and packagedotjson of existing app
* change app name inside packagejson
*go to your terminal inside your project directory(containing packagjson) and run > npm install or yarn install to install require packages

Nb: You will not get other files like service workers, logo etc that npx create react app gives you
Nice one. Hope the install won't download from online as if "installing" a new React app?!
Re: Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by Xinjin: 11:23pm On Aug 10, 2022
longlife101:
Nice one. Hope the install won't downloads from online as if "installing" a new React app?!
it is faster
Re: Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? by longlife101: 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2022
Xinjin:
it is faster
All right. Well done for the heads-up.

(1) (Reply)

Have U Been Looking 4 An E-book?well Ur Help Has Come.send Me A Txt Wit D Name Of Whatever E-book U / Google / Help In Asp. How Do I Save A Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.