Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics (1993 Views)

Woman Assaulted On a Train In NYC / Passengers Fight On Top Of A Moving Train In Oshodi, Lagos (Pics) / My Humiliating Ordeal As A Slave In Oman —22-year-old Nigerian Girl (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by Newphiligeek123: 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2022
The father of a Nigerian four-year-old girl who was struck and killed by a GO train in Mississauga, Ontario Canada. last week is speaking out for the first time since the accident.

Emmanuel Nwabuoku said on Tuesday that his daughter, Mitchell, was fatally struck by a train last week while she out playing with her siblings. Nwabuoku is not only dealing with the loss of his child but the loss of his mother who died two days prior to Mitchell's death.

"Mitchell is an angel, she talks like an angel. Mitchell acts like an angel," Nwabuoku said. He said his daughter left the apartment with her older siblings to go down to get ice cream at the park.

"Just only 15 minutes later, we received the call that she can no longer breathe and we rushed out immediately," Nwabuoku said.
At around 7:40 p.m., emergency responders were called to the area of Dundas Street and Cawthra Road for reports of a child who was struck by a GO train.

Emmanuel says his children were chasing a butterfly before his youngest daughter walked through a path and onto the train tracks where she was struck by an incoming train.

"They said they followed a butterfly. They were playing in the park and they chased the butterfly to that spot. I couldn't talk, I didn't hear any other thing. Only for me to see my daughter lifeless on the floor," he said.

Shortly before 9 p.m., Peel police confirmed Mitchell was pronounced dead at the scene.

Metrolinx, which operates the GO train service, said about 300 passengers were on board the train when the child was struck.
A witness, who owns a nearby garage, told CP24 the day after the accident he was working when he heard a train honking its horn and a loud screech of a railway brake.

"When I came out of my garage, I see the train stopped. This has never happened before," Muhammad Tayyab said.
"Three kids were screaming and crying very loudly. I got shocked. I ran there... I see the body, there was one kid on the side…They were wounded very badly."

Residents in the area spoke to Afrotimes Newspaper after the incident and said the lack of barriers to the train tracks is a known issue and that it's not uncommon to see people crossing the tracks.

Mitchell was born in 2017 in Dallas, Texas, and her family moved to Canada in 2018.

Nwabuoku said she was a happy child who brought joy to everyone's lives. "Mitchell is a lively person. Mitchell is a cheerful person. Mitchell has touched lives... Mitchell cannot sleep without giving everybody a hug. Mitchell cannot do anything without giving daddy a kiss. Because Mitchell is daddy's princess. Mitchell is everything to us," he said.

He added he has no words to explain the pain of losing his child but thanked everyone for their love and support. "What can I say…I know what it means to lose a child. For those weeping for us, God will comfort every one of us." The funeral for Mitchell was held in Mississauga at the Turner & Porter funeral home Tuesday morning.

A spokesperson for Metrolinx said on Tuesday that an investigation is ongoing and that their "thoughts remain with the family and loved ones of the young child."

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper/photos/a.119381757440035/143567171688160/
Afrotimes Newspaper

Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by okomile(f): 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
It is well

RIP cutie

1 Like

Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by God1000(m): 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
This is heartbreaking

1 Like

Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by Cypress042(m): 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Imagine angry

As a reasonable parent you ought tell your children the dangers of railways knowing fully well you live not too far from a railway. Probably this wouldn't have happened.

R.I.P to the lil girl though sad

4 Likes

Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by Highlandgee: 5:21pm On Aug 05, 2022
So sad. Rest in peace little angel.

Mourning the passing of your mother and then 2 days later your child? That is too much. Take heart Mr. Nwabuoku .

2 Likes

Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by EricSmallz(m): 5:24pm On Aug 05, 2022
Disastrous

1 Like

Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by Artiiclebeast: 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2022
Kai

Most times it just get so terribly hard trying to understand how life works.

See affliction back to back.

Hard to take in by any stretch yet, some even have it worse than this very tragedy, ironically.

Stay strong sir, this too shall pass.

My heart is broken just looking at the picture of this little angel.

Rest well honey....

2 Likes

Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by Humbleyou: 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2022
so sad.God comfort the family

1 Like

Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by Highlandgee: 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by seliaju(m): 5:46pm On Aug 05, 2022
Sad news
Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by UptownVibes(m): 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2022
To see a man weeping like this dey hard.. So painful.. Rip Mitchy

1 Like

Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by Stargangz: 5:58pm On Aug 05, 2022
This is very heartbreaking, so sad.
Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by etrange: 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2022
Cypress042:
Imagine angry

As a reasonable parent you ought tell your children the dangers of railways knowing fully well you live not too far from a railway. Probably this wouldn't have happened.

As a reasonable parent? So these ones are unreasonable? Nawa o! You guys are always quick to blame parents. It's like you're not satisfied until there's someone to blame. This was an accident and it could happen to anyone. Those that get hit by cars don't know the dangers of highways?

3 Likes

Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by jesmond3945: 9:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
Newphiligeek123:
The father of a Nigerian four-year-old girl who was struck and killed by a GO train in Mississauga, Ontario Canada. last week is speaking out for the first time since the accident.

Emmanuel Nwabuoku said on Tuesday that his daughter, Mitchell, was fatally struck by a train last week while she out playing with her siblings. Nwabuoku is not only dealing with the loss of his child but the loss of his mother who died two days prior to Mitchell's death.

"Mitchell is an angel, she talks like an angel. Mitchell acts like an angel," Nwabuoku said. He said his daughter left the apartment with her older siblings to go down to get ice cream at the park.

"Just only 15 minutes later, we received the call that she can no longer breathe and we rushed out immediately," Nwabuoku said.
At around 7:40 p.m., emergency responders were called to the area of Dundas Street and Cawthra Road for reports of a child who was struck by a GO train.

Emmanuel says his children were chasing a butterfly before his youngest daughter walked through a path and onto the train tracks where she was struck by an incoming train.

"They said they followed a butterfly. They were playing in the park and they chased the butterfly to that spot. I couldn't talk, I didn't hear any other thing. Only for me to see my daughter lifeless on the floor," he said.

Shortly before 9 p.m., Peel police confirmed Mitchell was pronounced dead at the scene.

Metrolinx, which operates the GO train service, said about 300 passengers were on board the train when the child was struck.
A witness, who owns a nearby garage, told CP24 the day after the accident he was working when he heard a train honking its horn and a loud screech of a railway brake.

"When I came out of my garage, I see the train stopped. This has never happened before," Muhammad Tayyab said.
"Three kids were screaming and crying very loudly. I got shocked. I ran there... I see the body, there was one kid on the side…They were wounded very badly."

Residents in the area spoke to Afrotimes Newspaper after the incident and said the lack of barriers to the train tracks is a known issue and that it's not uncommon to see people crossing the tracks.

Mitchell was born in 2017 in Dallas, Texas, and her family moved to Canada in 2018.

Nwabuoku said she was a happy child who brought joy to everyone's lives. "Mitchell is a lively person. Mitchell is a cheerful person. Mitchell has touched lives... Mitchell cannot sleep without giving everybody a hug. Mitchell cannot do anything without giving daddy a kiss. Because Mitchell is daddy's princess. Mitchell is everything to us," he said.

He added he has no words to explain the pain of losing his child but thanked everyone for their love and support. "What can I say…I know what it means to lose a child. For those weeping for us, God will comfort every one of us." The funeral for Mitchell was held in Mississauga at the Turner & Porter funeral home Tuesday morning.

A spokesperson for Metrolinx said on Tuesday that an investigation is ongoing and that their "thoughts remain with the family and loved ones of the young child."

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper/photos/a.119381757440035/143567171688160/
Afrotimes Newspaper
nawa o. Is a pity. Just like my daughter very active and curious. Sometimes she would just walk up to the main road and stop. I always hold her hand like a criminal. I no wan hear story. Rip to the kid.
Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by jesmond3945: 9:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
Cypress042:
Imagine angry

you won't understand. These kids are very stubborn, active and curious. Telling them about rail will even make them want to go there and play. My own is to follow my kid bumper to bumper till she is old enough to understand.

1 Like

Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by PortHarcourtcit(m): 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
Both parents are going to jail...
Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by Karlovich: 5:03am On Aug 06, 2022
embarassed RIP little one
Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by Godfullsam(m): 5:27am On Aug 06, 2022
Rest In Peace little girl.

I thought this kind of accidents only happen in Nigeria.
Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by Godfullsam(m): 5:28am On Aug 06, 2022
Cypress042:
Imagine angry

Will you keep quiet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by Delacroix6(m): 8:45am On Aug 06, 2022
That gruesome. Hard to picture.

My condolences to her family.
Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by NemoDatQuod(m): 9:29am On Aug 06, 2022
You allowed two underage children to go out on their own in a developed country, especially a four year old child?

I am sad for your loss. But get ready. You may end up being prosecuted in the midst of your pain! How could you?

1 Like

Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by Cypress042(m): 9:42am On Aug 06, 2022
Godfullsam:

Will you keep quiet?
I'm not sure you're normal sir, learn to respect peoples opinion.
Re: 4-year-old Nigerian Girl Struck And Killed By Train In Ontario, Canada -pics by Godfullsam(m): 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2022
Cypress042:
I'm not sure you're normal sir, learn to respect peoples opinion.

We don't respect senseless opinion

(1) (Reply)

Mumu Of The Year: Read What Happened At Gtbank, Akure / PHOTOS: Nigerian Prostitutes Manhandled In A Violent Raid At Russian Brothel / Jungle Justice — An Evil We Should Abolish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.