Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage (482 Views)

Yahaya Sharif-Aminu: Protest In Kano Over "Blasphemy Against Prophet Muhammad" / Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates / Rabiu Kwankwaso Orders Civil Disobedience In Kano Over Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by Cyynthia(f): 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2022
en-year-old girl, Sadiya Usman has hanged herself at Garin Dauru village in the Warawa Local Government Area of Kano State.

It was learnt she allegedly committed suicide after she was allegedly forced into marriage.

The spokesman for the state police command, SP Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa confirmed that the teenage girl hanged herself.

He said the police on August 1, 2022 “at about 3:00 received a phone call from the village Head of Garin Dauru town in Warawa Local Government that a girl hanged herself in her room”.

According to him, the girl made use of a piece of cloth and a wooden mortar to commit suicide.

He said she was immediately taken to Wudil General Hospital where she was confirmed dead, Daily Post reports.

The police however said an investigation was still ongoing to determine the reason why the teenage girl killed herself but the father of the deceased, Malam Usman, the father of the deceased said it is not true that her daughter committed suicide.

He said, “The report that the girl hanged herself because of forced marriage is not true, all I know is that my daughter is possessed by demons that used to disturb her from time to time.”

https://saharareporters.com/articles/teenage-girl-commits-suicide-kano-over-alleged-forced-marriage

Lalasticlala lalasticlala Mynd4
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by God1000(m): 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2022
I hate forced marriage, this is 21st century.

Our people should wake up and discard Such archaic practices
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by Romanoff(f): 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2022
So sad
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by Befulfilled(f): 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2022
Unfortunate
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by Cyynthia(f): 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2022
This is what Yoruba Muslim muric want in SW that is why they are advocating for a sharia law

We say NO to Muslim Muslim ticket....

2 Likes

Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by PandoraObi: 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2022
quite unfortunate
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by Obidient4life3: 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2022
Sad indeed.

This barbaric act must not be encouraged.

I served in the north and I can categorically say it without any bias that northern kids are actually intelligent. They are victims of greed politicians who leverage on region to keep them in perpetual shallowness .

That young girl probably wanted to get educated and be something better in life.
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by Tooreda: 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2022
Na their way. Sick religion
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by Penguin2: 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
All thanks to Sharia Law.

The same law Tinubu has promised Supreme Council of Sharia that he’d import to the south if they can give him “pawa”.

God forbid in Jesus name
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by James4358(m): 6:03pm On Aug 05, 2022
All they know in that region is forced marriage. Very backward region
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by Humina(f): 6:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
so sad suicide is not an option RIP to her
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by Abfinest007(m): 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2022
There's hunger in the land .the reason d family might have force her to marriage against her wish.

Vote Peter obi of d labour party and say goodbye to hunger forever
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by nairalanderr: 6:38pm On Aug 05, 2022
May demons kill that her father. Demons ko, werey ni.

Do you need fb accounts, Twitter accounts, ig or netflix.
Dm .
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by sreamsense: 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2022
Before I opened it, I knew it would be Muslim girl. Putting teenage girl in bondage of forced marriage is common with northern muslim. If it is not forced marriage, it will be forcing underage teenage boys to fight for Boko Haram, ISIS, ISWAP, Al-shabab and many more. Very unfortunate, she terminated her life through that way if it true
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by EmekaA125(m): 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hope you headslamming child rapists are happy now?? I don't know what you abokis see in tight vagina. Anything to have a taste of it all to yourself is what you an!mals are after. Spits embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by EmekaA125(m): 7:50pm On Aug 05, 2022
Say no to child marriage. Say no to forced marriage. This is 21st century all ye Muslim adherents. RIP Sadiya. Those after ur young, innocent and undefiled vagina should go ahead and eat ur dead body. Useless idiotic rapists.
Re: Teenage Girl Commits Suicide In Kano Over Forced Marriage by EmekaA125(m): 7:50pm On Aug 05, 2022
Death to all rapists and paedophiles.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Peter Obi Supporters Hold Rally In Nasarawa / Tinubu Should Tell Nigerians Why He Still Collects 10% Of Lagos IGR / One Million Man March For Peter Obi In Imo State Tomorrow, See Details....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.