Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,065 members, 7,835,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” (507 Views)

2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio / #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP / How Buhari Campaign Organization Fraudulently Used Pseudo Companies - Leadersng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by Newsline09(m): 7:00am On Aug 07, 2022
2023: PETER OBI AND HIS PSEUDO “INTEGRITY”

By: Uloka Chukwubuikem Nwankwo

When it comes to his egotistical bid for the presidency, Mr. Peter Obi, the former governor of Anambra State, has focused a lot on his assertions that he is different from other people and has integrity. Sadly, he lacks any, and is possibly worse than those he condemns.

Where is Mr. Peter Obi's integrity when treason and treachery are his specialties? His stronghold is made up of fabrications, blackmail, and dishonesty. In all my life, I have never seen a vicious, integrity-bereft human being as pretentious as Peter Obi. A man who betrayed everyone who had in the past given him a platform to showcase himself and a ladder to climb on. I read recently in the publication made by Ojukwu’s widow, Bianca Odumegwu-Ojukwu, circa 2017, where she lamented bitterly how Peter Obi betrayed Dim Ojukwu, the man on whose name and benevolence he rode to become Governor twice. Obi is still a little relevant today because he has people like Dim Ojukwu who provided the name and platform (APGA) that made him Governor in Anambra State and the innocent Atiku Abubakar who, against all odds, picked him as his running mate in the 2019 Presidential election. Both of these two people he betrayed, and led propaganda against them instead of appreciation and loyalty.

Let’s hear from Bianca, Ojukwu Widow:

“I received the news with shock and disappointment because up till the last moment; Obi kept reassuring me that this would never happen; that it would be over his dead body; that the day he leaves APGA would be the day he quits politics; and most importantly, that he would keep the promise he made to Ojukwu. I had no reason to doubt him. I had become used to unsubstantiated rumours, regarding his defection to the PDP. Even just before the last TAN South East rally in Awka, I spoke with him because I had heard that he would decamp at that event. I had reason to be concerned because he had tendered his res­ignation letter, as BoT chairman of APGA only the night before the rally, which came as a great surprise to us all. I asked him whether he had any plan to defect to PDP and he told me that his position remained the same; and reiterated the statement that APGA was in his blood. But as it was rumored, he left APGA without regard to the oath he took with his family name.” Bianca said.

Everything he is today, he owes to Ojukwu and APGA. APGA catapulted him literally from obscurity to national prominence.

He served two consecutive terms as governor of Anambra State, a first in the history of the state. This, he achieved because Ojukwu declared Obi to be his last wish, and Ndi Anambra and the entire Igbos accepted Obi, solely because of Ojukwu's appeal.

He can go ahead with bogus claims of how he became Governor, like he did on TV program weeks ago. Only non-initiates would pay attention, and not many of us who are familiar with his story. Perhaps, any "object" would have become the Governor of Anambra State at the time Obi became Governor, because two things were at stake then; the then Governor wasn’t performing and had been deserted by all stakeholders; and again, the Ojukwu factor as an Igbo leader and war lord. But, in the end, Obi betrayed this same Ojukwu and the stakeholders who rallied around him, even when he swore in his family's name that the day he would decamp from APGA would be the day he leaves active politics; otherwise, let his family perish; and, to this day, Peter Obi is still jumping from one party to another in a desperate attempt to gain power.

Where then is the integrity of such a character who could take an oath with his family name and his children and not keep to them?

The choice of Peter Obi as Candidate Atiku Abubakar's running mate was rejected by the entire Southern Governors and National Assembly members from the PDP and other stakeholders, but the former Vice President insisted and went ahead to pick Obi as his running mate in 2019, causing him to lose the election. It was heartbreaking to listen to Atiku Abubakar on Arise TV last month when he revealed that the same Peter Obi never consulted him before leaving the PDP party to embark on his frivolous and jaundiced mission to the Presidency.

Atiku also confirmed that Obi never mentioned to him that he would run for president, even when he had drafted him into many of his programs ahead of his ambition for 2023. Instead, he read in the pages of newspapers that Peter Obi had declared to run for President and when he left the PDP, he only informed him (Atiku) 3 days later.

Peter Obi kept betraying all those who had made investments and sacrificed for him to rise to national prominence. Like Ojukwu, like Atiku Abubakar and many others, I wonder who will be the next for Peter Obi to betray.

I have looked everywhere for proof of his many-mouthed integrity, but all I found was irony; Peter Obi has evolved into the popular opposite of what he professes. "Say one thing and do something else."

When the "Pandora Papers" revealed that Peter Obi was implicated in "Tax Haven," many of us lost the little regard left for him. The Pandora Papers made a mess of his so-called integrity. Where is the morality of our Mr. Integrity? It’s evil and moral bankruptcy for one to only earn and not make returns where necessary.

The same Peter Obi has harped so much about moving Nigeria from consumption to production, a man who has been in the import business and a major importer of groceries for over 30 years, benefiting and exploiting the vulnerability of the nation’s production deficit. He was Governor of Anambra State for eight years. He laid no foundation for production industries or manufacturing hubs anywhere in Anambra State. Even his family business, "Next International," he sustained with public money, which he confessed to, is no where in Anambra State and Southeast, yet he is today positioning himself to claim the Igbo Presidential Candidacy.

It’s again funny how the so-called Mr. Integrity, who conspired with James Nwafor, the then SARS Commander in charge of Awkuzu sars and killed hundreds of young Igbo people, now wishes to benefit from the Biafra-IPOB agitation and perhaps show sympathy for the same course he sabotaged, as a result of his desperation to become President and gain Igbo support, which isn't feasible.

Peter Obi, who came out alleging imposition in the PDP, which he claimed was responsible for him leaving the party, was the same person who imposed Oseloka Obaze as the PDP Anambra State Governorship candidate in the 2017 Gubernatorial election; he was also responsible for the imposition of Valentine Ozigbo in 2021 which led to the implosion of the party in the last Guber election.

Today, PDP is only recovering from the maladies of Peter Obi era in the State.

Peter Obi can't make us believe his lies, blackmail, deception, betrayals, and vendetta-fueled bandwagon.

source: Pmexpressng
Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by Frigga13: 7:09am On Aug 07, 2022
Don’t think all this .. is coming from Bianca. Although 85% of it is truth .. and real

OBi is a scammer ..

Obi will lose Anambra .. might win other states in hausaland oh.. but you see Anambra State .. Obi will lose .. not even second.

A vote for Obi is a vote for national sit at home.. he lives in Onitsha and will be happily sitting at home tomorrow..
Obi can never condemn Ekpa and IPOB .. he enjoys their financial support .. and will encourage their terrorism if elected

Nigerian youths are much wiser than IPOB bingos .. and their barks

Power to the people
North 2023

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 07, 2022
We all agree that apcpdp are the same. Reasonable people know that Obi has better CHARACTER and competence than the bandit and Dubai fraudster.

And, we know he is more a saint but way better than your mcm.
Vote labour party for a new Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by Kalashnikov49: 7:24am On Aug 07, 2022
Peter Obi even stole 3rd MAINLAND Bridge...i will still VOTE FOR HIM...Cry an OCEAN!!

NIGGAZ NO SEND!!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by Ddeliverer007(m): 7:29am On Aug 07, 2022
Different idiots would come out and write different things and different lies…Ok, Obi insulted ojukwu and cursed his family right? So because of this nonsense you wrote we should vote tinubu or Atiku?

All these kind things no dey work na.

We are voting Obi and he is the next President.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by PraizHim: 7:33am On Aug 07, 2022
A TALE OF TWO FORMER GOVERNORS*

Two men were governors one in Lagos the other in Anambra . Towards the end of their second term, the one in Lagos sent his retirement bill and got his house of assembly to approve what you see below as his yearly pension.

1. 300% annual salary as severance package as approved by RMAFAC.
2. 100% of annual basic salary of incumbent gov as salary for LIFE even after leaving office.
3. 6 new cars every 3 years
4. A new house in Lagos, minimum 5 bedroom
5. A new house in Abuja or any other location, minimum 5 bedroom.
6. Free medical care for him and members of his family for life.
7. Entitled to cooks, stewards, Gardners, and domestic staffs, all pensionable.
8. 300% of his annual basic salary as governor every 2 years as furniture allowance
9. 100% of annual basic salary as governor as his house maintenance allowance
10. Two DSS officers, 1 female officer for his wife and eight policemen to guard him.
11. 25% of his annual basic salary for personal assistants.
12. 30% of his annual basic salary for car maintenance .
13. 20% of his annual basic salary as utilities maintenance.
14. Pensionable drivers, no limits to the number.

This is apart from what he gets as a percentage of collections from Alpha Beta for tax collections for Lagos State and the total control he has over the governor and the treasury.

*But See what the other collects from Anambra State since leaving office as governor*:

1. No gratuity
2. No pensions
3. No houses
4. No cars
5. No allowances of any kind
6. No maintenances of any kind.
7. No personal assistants paid by the state.
8. No domestic staffs paid by the state.
9. No aids sponsored by the state.
10. Not even pure water.
11. No shishi from the State.

Now the 2 men want to be president.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by PraizHim: 7:35am On Aug 07, 2022
Obi/ Datti 2023

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by Wintertime: 7:37am On Aug 07, 2022
My dear,, if according to your story Ojukwu alias with Obi to be governor..

Don't you think of that same Ojukwu should be alive, Ojukwu will be happy to see same Obi running for the president.

Cause from the look of things,, Obi is not the only person qualified to run for governor when Ojukwu was alive for him to support...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by Modphase: 7:39am On Aug 07, 2022
What won't tribalistic bigoted shameless n despicable igbos like you do to buttress your foolishness. Sane Nigerians know Peter Obi will be nowhere near the presidency come 2023.

Kalashnikov49:
Peter Obi even stole 3rd MAINLAND Bridge...i will still VOTE FOR HIM...Cry an OCEAN!!

NIGGAZ NO SEND!!
Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by KingKO22: 7:40am On Aug 07, 2022
Pandora Obituary is becoming a laughing stuck in this presidency race

We can't entrust our National treasure with a blatant liar, unreliable, desperate and coward character like Obituary

Obituary can only deceive his mumu followers from falling Sun republic.
IPOB should make this man their president in Sadeast and not our dear Nigeria country
Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by ObaOfYorubaLand: 8:00am On Aug 07, 2022
Modphase:
What won't tribalistic bigoted shameless n despicable igbos like you do to buttress your foolishness. Sane Nigerians know Peter Obi will be nowhere near the presidency come 2023.

Myn44, Seun, Ishilove.

Why would you allow bastards like this insult, pour vile on an ethnicity, display hate and even calling for genecid on Igbo's and you won't ban them?

Rule 8 obviously violated and you know it.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by ObaOfYorubaLand: 8:02am On Aug 07, 2022
Peter Obi is next President of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by Kalashnikov49: 8:45am On Aug 07, 2022
And you are virtually running MAD with the same inconsequential "Peter Obi"??

You Tinubu zombies are pathetically foolish...spits

Modphase:

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by Parachoko: 8:51am On Aug 07, 2022
Obi turned the whole of Anambra state to Dubai but couldn't build any of his shopping mall in Anambra State. He choose to build in Abuja and Rivers State.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by Realtalk20: 9:20am On Aug 07, 2022
Parachoko:
Obi turned the whole of Anambra state to Dubai but couldn't build any of his shopping mall in Anambra State. He choose to build in Abuja and Rivers State.

It's called population density economics but you won't know about that because you are just a talkative
Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by michelz: 9:32am On Aug 07, 2022
I didn't read this bullshit.
Nigerians are tired of the situation Tinumbu, Atiku, Buhari and their cohorts put them into and the best way to show them that are unhappy with the situation is not by voting in Tinumbu or Atiku.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by Abdu81: 9:39am On Aug 07, 2022
Ddeliverer007:
Different idiots would come out and write different things and different lies…Ok, Obi insulted ojukwu and cursed his family right? So because of this nonsense you wrote we should vote tinubu or Atiku?

All these kind things no dey work na.

We are voting Obi and he is the next President.
But my question is why all this attack and propaganda from all directions.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by Ddeliverer007(m): 9:41am On Aug 07, 2022
Abdu81:

But my question is why all this attack and propaganda from all directions.

Cos Obi is the man of the moment. Both ApC and Pdp have joined hands to fight him.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi And His Pseudo “integrity” by Yoast: 9:46am On Aug 07, 2022
Nonsense...

No one ever said Obi is a god, messiah or saint..

What we are saying is that he is far far better than the other 2 contenders for the reasons highlighted below:

2023 Elections: 8 Powerful Reasons To Vote for Peter Obi

2023 presidential election is fast approaching. It presents you and I another opportunity to get right at topmost political echelon of the country.

Many, including the late legendary writer Chinua Achebe, have narrowed down the problem with Nigeria to bad leadership.

Renowned leadership expert, John C. Maxwell, said it best: “Everything rises and falls on leadership.”

Nigeria has travelled for too long on the wrong path leading to unprecedented nationwide suffering in the land. A suffering that is no respecter of tribe or religion.

Therefore, it is in our collective best interest to get it right this time around.

It is against this background that, after considering the pros and cons of the 3 leading presidential candidates, I decided to share with you my compatriots a few strong reasons why Mr Peter Obi is right man for the job.

1. Peter Obi is averse to waste

At the root of the poor infrastructural development all over Nigeria is criminal wastefulness, corruption and inflated contracts. Road or rail projects that can be done with N2 billion are inflated to N20 billion. The consequences of this is that projects go on forever and funds that would have been used to do 4 or 5 projects are spent on just 1 project.

A very good example is the Lagos light rail project. It was conceptualised by Jakande in the early 80s but still remains uncompleted till date, even after 23 years of APC/Tinubu unbroken stranglehold of Lagos State.

2. The people's president

Of the 3 main candidates, only Peter Obi is banking on the power of the people to get elected. Tinubu and Atiku are relying/relied heavily on the support of the delegates (bought with dollars), governors, senators, house of representatives and other structures of their political party to get elected.

The consequences of this is clear. If Peter Obi is elected, naturally he will take decisions that will benefit the overwhelming majority of Nigerians who voted him to power.

Unlike the other candidates who if elected will spend reasonable public funds and time to reward the structures that got them elected.

3. A visionary president

In 2023, we need a president who, while catering for the current generation and solving the myriads of the current problems, also plans for the future, our children and the unborn generation.

A president who realises that Nigeria will still be existing in 100 and 200 years to come and sets aside some funds for the future and unborn generations.

That is what Peter Obi represents, as he demonstrated in Anambra by saving some money for the future.

We do not need people who believe we should consume everything today and let the future take care of itself.

4. He is young, vibrant and energetic

With the plethora of problems plagueing Nigeria currently, we need a president that is relatively young, energetic and vibrant.

A president that has the physical and mental capacity to supervise the effective implementation of his programs and policies across all sectors simultaneously across the country.

A president with hands on approach on all the issues.

That is what Peter Obi represents.

5. A courageous president

We need a president who has the courage to take and implement critical decisions that can move Nigeria forward.

Peter Obi demonstrated great courage when he opted to be impeached as Anambra governor rather than deploy public funds to pacify the greedy lawmakers. It takes courage and conviction to take such risky personal political decision because the impeachment court case could have gone either way.

6. His message is clear and concise

His campaign message in all the media interviews has centred around reducing waste and moving Nigeria from consumption to production. This is very clear message that tackles the root cause of many of the problems bedevilling Nigeria today.

7. A president that communicates to Nigerians
So far, of the 3 main candidates, only Peter Obi has granted to several live TV interviews. It shows he is a believer in the power of communication. He believes you and I have the right to know.

Atiku only managed to grant a recorded interview while Tinubu has not granted any at all.

This time around, we need a president that has the confidence to speak to Nigerians directly about his policies and challenges if any. Enough of deaf and dumb Presidents, hijacked by cabals in Aso Villa.

8. A listening president

As governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi was always visiting schools, hospitals, etc to hear and feel the challenges. At some point, he gave his phone number to the school prefects to get direct feedbacks. This demonstrates that Peter Obi will be a listening president.

We don't need a president that will be hijacked by the Aso Rock cabal and only brought out once in 6 months to show proof of life.

In conclusion, 2023 presents another opportunity for you and I to choose a leader that will serve Nigeria and Nigerians in the next 4 to 8 years. For me, it is a very easy decision.

My choice is Peter Obi/ Ahmed Yusuf

(1) (Reply)

2023: Four Conditions Upon Which I Will Dump Obi For Tinubu / Obidient Are A Terrorist Group They Need To Be Banned??? / Peter Obi's Arrival In London UK Yesterday (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.