Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

CIA Records On Abiola And Abacha To Be Declassified Next Year? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CIA Records On Abiola And Abacha To Be Declassified Next Year? (501 Views)

Throw Back Of Obasanjo And Babagida Playin Draft While Dajuma And Abacha watches / “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana / APC And Abacha Forces Inject Dirty Money To Hijack Ann,but Hashim Is Unstoppable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CIA Records On Abiola And Abacha To Be Declassified Next Year? by Penguin2: 9:54am On Aug 07, 2022
Saw this tweet that the CIA records on MKO Abiola and General Sani Abacha will be coming up for automatic declassification next year.

I think this will possible because the United States has a law that allows classified documents to automatically become declassified after a certain number of years which I think is 30 years. However, it is believed that the government still sieves out some information they think should not be seen by the public but this is usually a fragment of the entire document.

This information is important and relevant when you recall that recently, a popular investigative journalist, David Hundeyin, accused Abiola of running a drug cartel ring in the US in the 80s of which Tinubu was recruited into.

Abiola’s family debunked the allegation but the CIA records will help show who was right and who wrong.

Again, Abiola was accused of funding coups including that of Abacha and IBB. But these are still mere allegations that no one has been able to prove which is where the CIA records will also come in handy.

People with better knowledge of the process of declassification of classified documents in the US should help us throw more light on this.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Fergie001
Garfield1

1 Like

Re: CIA Records On Abiola And Abacha To Be Declassified Next Year? by Nackzy: 9:59am On Aug 07, 2022
Cans of warm
Re: CIA Records On Abiola And Abacha To Be Declassified Next Year? by garfield1: 9:59am On Aug 07, 2022
Penguin2:
Saw this tweet that the CIA records on MKO Abiola and General Sani Abacha will be coming up for automatic declassification next year.

I think this will possible because the United States has a law that allows classified documents to automatically become declassified after a certain number of years which I think is 30 years. However, it is believed that the government still sieves out some information they think should not be seen by the public but this is usually a fragment of the entire document.

This information is important and relevant when you recall that recently, a popular investigative journalist, David Hundeyin, accused Abiola of running a drug cartel ring in the US in the 80s of which Tinubu was recruited into.

Abiola’s family debunked the allegation but the CIA records will help show who was right and who wrong.

Again, Abiola was accused of funding coups including that of Abacha and IBB. But these are still mere allegations that no one has been able to prove which is where the CIA records will also come in handy.

People with better knowledge of the process of declassification of classified documents in the US should help us throw more light on this.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Fergie001
Garfield1

Such topics doesnt interest me

2 Likes

Re: CIA Records On Abiola And Abacha To Be Declassified Next Year? by Penguin2: 10:07am On Aug 07, 2022
garfield1:

Such topics doesnt interest me

I guess you are so into local politics to be aware of what goes on internationally.

Or how can the declassification of CIA records on Abiola and Abacha not interest you?

Oh! I remember… the record might further damage whatever is left of Asiwaju’s ill fated candidacy grin

6 Likes

Re: CIA Records On Abiola And Abacha To Be Declassified Next Year? by garfield1: 10:09am On Aug 07, 2022
Penguin2:

I guess you are so into local politics to be aware of what goes on internationally.

Or how can the declassification of CIA records on Abiola and Abacha not interest you?

Oh! I remember… the record might further damage whatever is left of Asiwaju’s ill fated candidacy grin

My brother,we have chosen sides already.no stain on obi can sway you.ditto for me so it is irrelevant

1 Like

Re: CIA Records On Abiola And Abacha To Be Declassified Next Year? by Penguin2: 10:16am On Aug 07, 2022
garfield1:

My brother,we have chosen sides already.no stain on obi can sway you.ditto for me so it is irrelevant

Nah! Not you…

It’s about the fence sitters my dear

2 Likes

Re: CIA Records On Abiola And Abacha To Be Declassified Next Year? by Aidejay(m): 10:48am On Aug 07, 2022
I Doubt BAT Has Anything To Worry About. There Isn't Anything New The Document Wants To Provide That We Haven't Heard Already. By That Time It's Declassified BAT Might Be President. Immunity Clause & Statute Of Limitations Would Render The Document Ineffective For Any Serious Rancor.
I Suspect The Documents Might Contain Details Of How BAT Really Avoided Jail Time.
He Might Have 6ix9ined.
Re: CIA Records On Abiola And Abacha To Be Declassified Next Year? by drmuchin: 11:19am On Aug 07, 2022
GREAT NEWS
BREEZE ABOUT TO BLOW FOWL BOTTOM
Re: CIA Records On Abiola And Abacha To Be Declassified Next Year? by Viscuz: 11:52am On Aug 07, 2022
Back stabbers are about to be exposed

Re: CIA Records On Abiola And Abacha To Be Declassified Next Year? by Penguin2: 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2022
Aidejay:
I Doubt BAT Has Anything To Worry About. There Isn't Anything New The Document Wants To Provide That We Haven't Heard Already. By That Time It's Declassified BAT Might Be President. Immunity Clause & Statute Of Limitations Would Render The Document Ineffective For Any Serious Rancor.
I Suspect The Documents Might Contain Details Of How BAT Really Avoided Jail Time.
He Might Have 6ix9ined.

So you know Tinubu is a criminal but you want him to win so he can be covered by immunity?
Re: CIA Records On Abiola And Abacha To Be Declassified Next Year? by skywalker240(m): 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2022
The Alagbado Of Agbado

The Arc Bishop cardinal Agbadoola Cassavani of iragbiji diocese

The Druggie froggie Escobar of burdillion

The bullion de no-Van of Lagos State Money

May your Nyansh continue to produce abundant watery shit grin

May your hands keep shaking away from position

May your waist and back keep bending as you smash your haters

May your shit smell till infinity grin

As you embark on the leadership of NigerNyansh grin

Copied from Facebook

Before Agbadorians and vampire BATS decend on my mentions grin

(1) (Reply)

Terrorists Kingpin Alhaji Shanono,others Killed In Military Airstrikes In Kaduna / Peter Obi Arrives Houston, Texas With An Emotional Welcome (video) / After Calling Him Names In 2014, Tinubu Visits Jonathan, Begs Him For Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.