Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,121 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

I might write a petition against my church pastor to The Zonal Office? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I might write a petition against my church pastor to The Zonal Office? (695 Views)

"My Church Pastor Married My Wife!!!" - Man Cries Out / I Married A Man But I Think I Might Be A Lesbian / Sex Scandal: Housewife Threatens To Drag Christ Embassy, Pastor To Court (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I might write a petition against my church pastor to The Zonal Office? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2022
This is not the first time this pastor of ours that was transferred to our branch over 3years now, been talking anyhow. dude just don't know how to talk to people or congregations.. vexes a lot .. so on and front.

can you imagine the statement he said today that giving me reasons to change church I've been attending for years now...from talk to talk while he was on pulpit he said GOD SHOULD BRING IN RICH MEMBER'S INTO THIS CHURCH TO HELP THE MINISTRY.... why would a pastor say such a thing? what happens to members like us who are already in the church?... cant he pray for God to bless the congregation so that those who have the heart of giving will come forward and support.
this is not the first time this man he's behaving like this. one guy came to do wedding few months ago, it was obvious he's a yahoo boy because of the friends that came with him...can you imagine this man begin taxing this boys.... showing them the church account number on display in the presence of visitors that came, we the members became embarrassed on his behalf.
lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: I might write a petition against my church pastor to The Zonal Office? by ahnie: 1:53pm On Aug 07, 2022
Lolz
Re: I might write a petition against my church pastor to The Zonal Office? by ahnie: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2022
Report him to who?
He did nothing wrong,he is just saying his mind.
Re: I might write a petition against my church pastor to The Zonal Office? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 07, 2022
ahnie:
Report him to who? He did nothing wrong,he is just saying his mind.
it's an Orthodox Church
Re: I might write a petition against my church pastor to The Zonal Office? by ahnie: 3:40pm On Aug 07, 2022
Barrister026:

it's an Orthodox Church
And so?
Don't you pray for growth, expansion?
To me I see nothing wrong in the pastor wishing for rich members to worship in the church.

It cost alot to run an organization...and if you aren't comfy with his statement you have the right to quit going to the church.

1 Like

Re: I might write a petition against my church pastor to The Zonal Office? by Rechargeam247(f): 3:55pm On Aug 07, 2022
Lol grin God indeed knows those are serving him.
Re: I might write a petition against my church pastor to The Zonal Office? by awoo10(m): 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2022
Deep down an average Nigerian heart...fraud is deep-rooted...why they don't do it is fear of...what if they are caught...pastors n imams n God's people alike
Re: I might write a petition against my church pastor to The Zonal Office? by Greatzeus(m): 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2022
Barrister026:
This is not the first time this pastor of ours that was transferred to our branch over 3years now, been talking anyhow. dude just don't know how to talk to people or congregations.. vexes a lot .. so on and front.

can you imagine the statement he said today that giving me reasons to change church I've been attending for years now...from talk to talk while he was on pulpit he said GOD SHOULD BRING IN RICH MEMBER'S INTO THIS CHURCH TO HELP THE MINISTRY.... why would a pastor say such a thing? what happens to members like us who are already in the church?... cant he pray for God to bless the congregation so that those who have the heart of giving will come forward and support.
this is not the first time this man he's behaving like this. one guy came to do wedding few months ago, it was obvious he's a yahoo boy because of the friends that came with him...can you imagine this man begin taxing this boys.... showing them the church account number on display in the presence of visitors that came, we the members became embarrassed on his behalf.
lalasticlala
Bros,your pastor has a target to deliver every month to the zonal HQ,who then delivers to the state HQ,who then delivers to the state. I know what I'm saying.
He receives salary which is constant but his bonuses depends on how much his branch remits monthly. Most of these employed pastors are struggling financially, they're just using both face,he needs the money badly.
This is the modus operandi of lots of churches in Nigeria.
Don't blame him for wanting rich members who will pay huge tithes and offerings,which will make his remittance big. Though his approach is little bit desperate and carnal,but that's the deal and reality.
This is what churches have become today.

1 Like

Re: I might write a petition against my church pastor to The Zonal Office? by RepoMan007: 6:28pm On Aug 07, 2022
He should be reported to higher authorities with evidence and cautioned as appropriate. Saying God should bring in rich member can be interpreted in many negative ways by current members. He should be praying for God to meet his ministry needs.
Even the poster is wrong to say he should be praying for God to bless current members. Blessing or wealth isn't by prayer but by hardwork and obedience to scriptural instructions and besides there is no proof the members aren't being stingy with what they have been blesses with.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Some People Like This? / Driving Job For Egbeda / Can Someone Download Wikipedia From The Net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.